How to find rat suppliers - Atlanta - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 11-28-2005, 11:00 PM   #1
rabernet
How to find rat suppliers - Atlanta

I hope I've posted this in the right area. I'd like to move my ball to rat pups, but am having trouble finding anyone that sells rat pups in the Atlanta area (specifically the northwest area of Atlanta). I don't have the freezer space, nor the need to buy in bulk at this time.

I've tried googling Atlanta rat suppliers and Atlanta rat breeders, but I keep getting breeder sites of people who are breeding pet rats, and it's pretty obvious from their sites that they would be appalled if they knew their babies were going to be snake food (lots of things about what wonderful pets they make, etc - which I'm not doubting, but I'm looking for feeder rats).

Does anyone know of a rat breeder that sells feeder rats in the Atlanta area that I can buy direct from? Or is there anyone here breeding for themselves in the area that try to sell some of their surplus? The pet store I get my mice from does not breed, and the only rats they have are the size of 6 month old kittens! A bit large for my 8 month old ball.

I'm in a one bedroom apartment, so really not interested in breeding myself (for now).

Kashmire certainly won't starve to death, I can get mice until the cows come home.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Old 11-28-2005, 11:04 PM   #2
rabernet
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabernet
and the only rats they have are the size of 6 month old kittens!
OK, after re-reading this, obviously a bit of an exaggeration, but they have no rat pups, all adults and pretty big ones at that. I think they carry them for their larger snake customers (they also carry feeder rabbits).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!