Bad Guy Jay Eaton of Exotic Jungle - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-06-2009, 01:03 PM   #1
damian47
Jay Eaton of Exotic Jungle

I had tried to buy a 10 lot of brazilian rainbow boas from Jay in Daytona.
He had a problem counting to 10 which I hadn't noticed till I had returned home from Florida and saw that the bag had only 8 boas in it.
I tried calling Jay that evening (Monday) and left a message that he returned the following morning.
I explained what I found and he was understanding of the fact that I had only 8 snakes.
He asked me to send a paypal request for the difference on the 2 snakes and he'd get it taken care of ASAP.
Well a week passed so I sent a follow up request for the $130 with no response at all.
I since have left 5 messages for him to call me back and sent 2 more emails.
NO RESPONSE!!
Well now over a month has passed and still nothing from Jay.

Old 10-06-2009, 02:17 PM   #2
DAND
Has Jay been made aware of this thread? If you still have them post the e-mails.

Old 10-06-2009, 03:50 PM   #3
damian47
I'm not sure if he knows about the thread.
He's not returned any calls I've made over the past month and it's not like I was going to threaten him with a bad guy thread or something.
I just got ripped off and hope that others don't end up having the same experience.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:19 PM   #4
KNOBTAIL
Not taking sides, as I happen to know Jay,

But its also your obligation to know that the amount is correct when dealing in person. This would include insuring that the animals chosen have been met to your satisfaction..

What I find somewhat sarcastic "he had a problem counting to ten" really should be left out of this equation.. It gives the impression that Jay purposely short changed you...........I doubt that to be the case ...

Consider yourself fortunate, because under normal circumstances, once you pay and the sale is consummated, there is no obligation on the sellers part to make good a claim of not receiving what you paid for............... You are not a potted plant...

Look at the merchandize, make sure the count is correct , and dont take what you feel may not be worthy to your collection.... I dont know if Jay is away, or he changed his mind about servicing you, but if you have the ability to buy where you can actually see what you are buying, be a bit more cautious in your own counting habits....................JERRY

Old 10-06-2009, 07:36 PM   #5
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOBTAIL View Post
But its also your obligation to know that the amount is correct when dealing in person. This would include insuring that the animals chosen have been met to your satisfaction..

What I find somewhat sarcastic "he had a problem counting to ten" really should be left out of this equation.. It gives the impression that Jay purposely short changed you...........I doubt that to be the case ...

Consider yourself fortunate, because under normal circumstances, once you pay and the sale is consummated, there is no obligation on the sellers part to make good a claim of not receiving what you paid for............... You are not a potted plant...

Look at the merchandize, make sure the count is correct , and dont take what you feel may not be worthy to your collection.... I dont know if Jay is away, or he changed his mind about servicing you, but if you have the ability to buy where you can actually see what you are buying, be a bit more cautious in your own counting habits....................JERRY
I guess you'll check to see if your fries are in the bag before leaving the drive-thru next time.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:52 PM   #6
Kingetula
If what you say is true, it could have been a simple mistake but the fact that he has left you hanging is messed up (If true, no emails for proof).

Long story short, I'll check my snakes before I hand over cash to Jay or anyone else. There are people I trust but still, I always look my snakes over when I get them so mistakes are not made by the dealer or by me.

Scott

Old 10-06-2009, 10:18 PM   #7
KNOBTAIL
I doubt that Jay would

be afraid to deal with a problem such as this . But what if after a closer examination the count according to Jay's inventory was accurate !

The burdon of proof is not on Jay. It is on the person who made the purchase, There is no such a thing as an afterthefact obligation... unless it relates to some guarantee on the sex of the animal(s) .That is not an issue here...

It does not make any sense for Jay to attempt to short change a cash paying customer when obviously the snakes could very easily have been second-counted just to insure the accuracy ! I know Jay and he is not a petty person, nor would he purposely attempt to perpetrate this kind of a scam which is so obvious because we are dealing with a 10 count..

Where is the invoice, and where is the proof of sale ? I would also like to see any correspondence associated with this thread !

Old 10-06-2009, 10:28 PM   #8
LauraB
Quote:
Originally Posted by damian47 View Post
He had a problem counting to 10 which I hadn't noticed till I had returned home from Florida and saw that the bag had only 8 boas in it.
I'm curious. What was the time frame between your taking posession and the time you returned to Iowa from Daytona?

Old 10-06-2009, 11:09 PM   #9
alex bleas
I emailed jay after buying a pair off snake off him. I was not happy with my purchase. He never emailed me back. This was 6 or 7 years ago. I don't have any emails to back me up because he never emailed me back. I purchaed the pair over the phone. The ad was posted on kingsnake. Captive born aru's green tree pythons 6 month old for 650 plus shipping. I got hatchlings with kink tails in the mail. I sent him a email about age and he never emailed me back. I notice the kinks later. But why keep emailing someone that knows whats going on.

alex

alex

Old 10-07-2009, 07:51 PM   #10
KNOBTAIL
I can deal with that

as a more plausible explanation and dissatisfaction when purhcasing something site unseen.... If that is the case, it should have been resolved by Jay...but this particular thread really goes beyond the pale when the purchaser takes no action to protect his own interest after he physically is on hand to supervise the sale... The least amount of work on the part of the buyer should be to protect his own assets.... That is his responsibility...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!