Terri Sommella Fire and Ice Dragons -- Nightmare - Page 27 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-24-2014, 12:10 PM   #261
Firebreather
I am petrified now. I have a male beardie, 6 mos, and I have just ordered a baby for $500 from Terri and a few things have flagged me recently:
-I have asked for a better picture of the male who is the father of my future baby for the last month, and she's stated that her camera phone only takes fuzzy pictures and they don't do him justice.
-She had a female for $575 on her site last week. I emailed her and said if she could lower the price on her, I would consider it, also because I'm already paying shipping on my other baby. She dropped the price by $25 dollars, so my fiance and I decided it wasn't enough to sway us. Yesterday I looked at her site, that same female has dropped in price by $75!! Now why didn't she lower her price for me 2 DAYS PRIOR by $75???? Shady business.

Not to mention now I'm concerned about inbreeding and Beardie diseases since reading this ENTIRE thread. Does anyone have any updates? Can I request she run a fecal on the baby if I pay for it, prior to her sending him to make sure he's disease/worm free? How are your babies now Gary?

Old 03-24-2014, 01:43 PM   #262
tongx
I have only one left that I git from Fire and Ice. And she is doing great. She weighs over 500 grams and is 19 1/2" long. She will be 10 months old a week from tomorrow.
I got two more dragons that are just wonderful from A1 Reptiles. A1 has much better prices and they are very friendly. With Fire and Ice dragons you have to train them to be friendly and not scared. I dont think Terri touches the dragons or even spend any time with them much.
I have learned that inbreeding can be done but it has to be done the right way. They have to be like 5 generations from each other in order to do it correctly. I still dont want to get into something like that again. It can cost a lot of money at the vet too.
Another lady that has dragons that are very friendly is Carolina Designer Dragons. She cares more about the dragons. You can ask her anything about the dragons and she will talk to you.

Old 03-24-2014, 02:07 PM   #263
Firebreather
I'm very tempted to just have her keep my $$ and the dragon just to save on vet bills and heartache...but then a part of me hopes this is mostly just a few very TERRIBLE experiences from people.

I have spoken to Carolina Classics and David has done very well by me and answered my questions. An abused leatherback came into my possession, missing a tail completely, so I couldn't get the beautiful citrus I saw from him this time, but I've heard nothing but good about him. As soon as Stubbs is well and at a good weight I'll be adopting him out, but until then I have to wait. Carolina Designer Dragons? Is there a specific name I should ask for?

Old 03-24-2014, 02:15 PM   #264
tongx
Lynn would be the one at Carolina Designer Dragons.
With getting a dragon that is going to be. In good health would be a 50/50 chance and that can be a big gamble. I had a male dragon that I got from Terri, and he was acting odd for a little while and he came out of it. He hit the sliding glass doors enough to open them up and he got out 3 times. The 3rd time he went further and I have not found him and its been since this past December. So I dont know where he is. But I am planning on getting 2 more males from Carolina Designer. And her name is Lynn.

Old 03-24-2014, 03:04 PM   #265
Ed Clark
I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would send someone $500.00 for an unhatched dragon. not seeing pics of both parents.it's just foolish!

Old 03-24-2014, 03:36 PM   #266
Firebreather
I saw both pictures of both parents. However I just wanted to see a better one of the male while not in shed. Please, continue to call me (and countless others) foolish, I'm certain it helps the situation...

You, meaning the breeders who are veterans of this trade, should be up in arms! It's causing me to question anything I buy or think to buy from any of you. How do I know you haven't photoshopped all of your pictures? I'm a consumer, and love my dragon. You have a trade because of people like me who enjoy their dragons, so if I were you all, I would be at this woman's door telling her that her practices are doing nothing but harm to you as well.

Old 03-24-2014, 06:06 PM   #267
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebreather View Post
I saw both pictures of both parents. However I just wanted to see a better one of the male while not in shed. Please, continue to call me (and countless others) foolish, I'm certain it helps the situation...

You, meaning the breeders who are veterans of this trade, should be up in arms! It's causing me to question anything I buy or think to buy from any of you. How do I know you haven't photoshopped all of your pictures? I'm a consumer, and love my dragon. You have a trade because of people like me who enjoy their dragons, so if I were you all, I would be at this woman's door telling her that her practices are doing nothing but harm to you as well.
Your decisions and actions based on those decisions, especially being better informed than unfortunate others, are solely your responsibility now. You do not deserve to be ripped off on your transaction, but it is under the umbrella of expectation now thanks to the full context.

Old 03-24-2014, 06:09 PM   #268
AbsoluteApril
If you want to recommend others vendors/people/business, take it to PMs. Keep this thread on the topic of Fire & Ice Dragons.

Old 03-24-2014, 07:19 PM   #269
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebreather View Post

Nicole, I was not directing my post at you impeticular. I could have left out the pics of both parents part. what bothers me is you can buy better dragon morphs for lets say $150.00-$200.00 what F and I is doing is wrong, especially selling unhatched eggs.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:33 PM   #270
Firebreather
I apologize for my outburst towards you, I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I don't take kindly to people mocking a trusting person...we breathe fire back he he. I just hope all goes well with my order, I'm expecting the baby in July so I will keep the forum up to date on what transpires when I receive the dragon from F and I.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!