Terri Sommella Fire and Ice Dragons -- Nightmare - Page 31 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:52 PM   #301
TripleMoonsExotic
Not that I'm defending her in the least, but it's been mostly in the teens here (I have the displeasure of living 15 minutes from her) since the New Year, not including the wind chill. I'm not shipping anything either. That being said, I would have no issue refunding a customer if they'd rather go with someone else with better shipping weather.

RE Facebook: Everytime I come across a paid ad of hers I link this thread.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:01 PM   #302
TwoSixSided
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
Not that I'm defending her in the least, but it's been mostly in the teens here (I have the displeasure of living 15 minutes from her) since the New Year, not including the wind chill. I'm not shipping anything either. That being said, I would have no issue refunding a customer if they'd rather go with someone else with better shipping weather.

RE Facebook: Everytime I come across a paid ad of hers I link this thread.
I would have completely understood that, but she had to have known that the weather would not allow shipping for this week, maybe even next week. I cannot believe some of the things I have read about her from here.. I'm so stupid.

I am terrified about my refund, It is in the banks hands now and who knows how many times this has happened to her, she probably has loopholes.. I can't afford this, I'm a poor college student.. ugh.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:06 PM   #303
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoSixSided View Post
I would have completely understood that, but she had to have known that the weather would not allow shipping for this week, maybe even next week. I cannot believe some of the things I have read about her from here.. I'm so stupid.

I am terrified about my refund, It is in the banks hands now and who knows how many times this has happened to her, she probably has loopholes.. I can't afford this, I'm a poor college student.. ugh.
Not defending her either. I got lucky and got a good dragon, but that was 8 years ago and before I knew anything bad. Now I would never buy from her again.

However, most people have it in their TOS that they won't ship in bad weather. I won't. I have three geckos full paid for from three different breeders that can't ship because of my weather. Two have been on hold for about two months now. It's something I understood because I will not ship below freezing. It's in their TOS and mine.

I do hope you get your dragon and it's what was advertised, but I wouldn't push on shipping too soon. These temps could definitely harm an animal.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:15 PM   #304
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
When did you make your purchase? If the purchase was made just last week, are you simply not willing to wait until the weather is better?

In all truth, it's not unusual for breeders to not ship at all during the winter, especially if the breeder is located in the northern part of the US where it can get bitterly cold. Their's nothing wrong with that.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:21 PM   #305
TwoSixSided
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
When did you make your purchase? If the purchase was made just last week, are you simply not willing to wait until the weather is better?

In all truth, it's not unusual for breeders to not ship at all during the winter, especially if the breeder is located in the northern part of the US where it can get bitterly cold. Their's nothing wrong with that.
I made the purchase on the 9th. I really would not mind waiting if it was from someone with good reviews, but after reading all the stories, I don't want her taking my money anymore, so I started the dispute procedure with the bank after she said she would not refund me.

As soon as she sent me the email about not being able to ship I just kind of freaked out, especially after reading all the reviews. I don't want to be strung along for another week, two weeks, or a month not knowing if I would EVER receive my bearded dragon or money from someone with such a terrible reputation. That is a lot of money to me, and I want my first dragon to be the best experience possible, and it has now turned into quite an ordeal.

I'd almost rather go down to the pet store and buy one at this point..

Old 01-11-2015, 06:24 PM   #306
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
I made the purchase on the 9th. I really would not mind waiting if it was from someone with good reviews, but after reading all the stories, I don't want her taking my money anymore, so I started the dispute procedure with the bank after she said she would not refund me.

As soon as she sent me the email about not being able to ship I just kind of freaked out, especially after reading all the reviews. I don't want to be strung along for another week, two weeks, or a month not knowing if I would EVER receive my bearded dragon or money from someone with such a terrible reputation. That is a lot of money to me, and I want my first dragon to be the best experience possible, and it has now turned into quite an ordeal.

I'd almost rather go down to the pet store and buy one at this point..
Makes sense to me!

On the positive, at least now you know about the BOI and come here first before making a purchase.

Old 01-12-2015, 04:08 AM   #307
JennBales08
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashew View Post
I am going to be a first-time beardie owner soon. I have been doing research for 6 months and I won't own my beardie until I feel I have a solid base of knowledge about them.

I am posting because the first site I found (6 months ago) was Fire and Ice. The pictures looked amazing! Then I continued my research. Over time, I became skeptical of Terri and my initial doubts arizing from a phone conversation with her have only been magnified by what I have read. I will not buy from Terri for many reasons, my mind is made up.

I recently communicated with Bruce about a female breeder he acquired because I am interested in one of her offspring. After reading his post, I am extremely reluctant to buy from him.

I think I will probably not buy from Sunshine Dragons now (as I had planned) because of his post.
Does anyone have information about Sunshine Dragons that may change my mind? Who is Bruce and does Lauren work for him or vice versa?

Thanks in advance for all feedback.

(By the way, I am still considering Kakadu, Daichu, and Dragon's Den)

Cashew
Hi,
I just wanted to give you my opinion on another really good breeder out there. I bought a really nice Beardie from Carolina Classic Dragons and I am so happy I decided to go with them! They have very nice dragons, very fair prices and are extremely helpful still to this day for me, almost two years later! Just check them out!

Old 01-12-2015, 12:14 PM   #308
bcr229
Quote:
I typed into google "bearded dragon breeders" thinking the top result couldn't possibly be a bad person.
Really? Because google bases its results not on reputation, but on the number of "hits" it finds on what you are looking for. People tend to complain more about poor service than good service, so your top results from a generic search like theone you entered are not likely to be the best breeders, google will find and return them because it's just reading the search text.

BTW if you type "fire and ice dragons review" into google this thread is currently #2 in the search results.

As for shipping, temps are supposed to moderate a bit next week so hopefully you will receive your dragon.

Old 04-08-2015, 12:56 AM   #309
ShawneeAlice
I just wanted to say thank you guys (everyone) for posting their experiences and evidence and such in this thread. When I first started looking for a bearded dragon (my first) the FIRST website I came across was Fire & Ice. No surprise there with how fervently she advertises...

Anyways, I emailed her with some questions and was very off-put by her responses. She wasn't rude or anything, she just had very short replies and didn't have a friendly vibe...Then I found this thread and decided 100% not to buy from her. I ended up buying a sweet boy from A1 Reptiles. And now for my next dragon I have chosen a GORGEOUS female from Atomic Lizard Ranch. My email exchange with ALR is SO much better than F&I dragons.

I really wish everyone would not buy from her so she would go out of business. Afterall she only cares about the money..

Old 04-28-2015, 12:27 PM   #310
Rhegaldragons
this does not surprise me , I had a similar situation with terri, and unfortunately my bearded did not make it , she also became very hostile towards me , and said its my fault and that I had caused my pet to be impacted , and most likely will die , I am a vet tech, and a specialty vet tech in exotics and avian pets , and my dragon was not impacted , I did xrays , barium studies , endoscopy and when it died , a necropsy was performed and the pathologist never found any kind of impaction or obstruction .

my pet did not eat for approximately two months , of which I had to force feed my dragon , my temperature was adequate , and my diet as well , last thing Terri made up was that my cage was not big enough for the dragon and this was the reason for her not eating ,
I mean it was excuse after excuse about the dragons , the real truth is she sold a sick dragon that ended up dying and didn't want to take responsibility for it, I agree with you , if your going to buy a dragon from terri somella , make sure you do your homework , cause my experience was not a good one , and from asking other breeders in my area , seems this is her way of doing business, and quite frankly for the pices she's harging she should take more responsibility In what she sells , I also paid her a hefty price for the dragon, but will never buy a dragon from her ever again .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!