Bad Guy Global Tortoise Farm aldabra.radiatedtortoise@gmail.com - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-05-2017, 01:12 PM   #1
Big Time Reptiles
Global Tortoise Farm aldabra.radiatedtortoise@gmail.com

Company: Global tortoise farm

Email:
aldabra.radiatedtortoise@gmail.com

info@tortoisehomefarm.org

DEFINITELY A SCAM

Here is an email from them in response to an email I sent them asking for pricing..

On Sat, Sep 2, 2017 at 4:38 AM, Global Tortoise Farm <info@tortoisehomefarm.org> wrote:
"Hello,

thanks for your interest in my tortoises. We take our 20+ years experience and select you quality, cherry-picked imports and/or the best CB stock from our many captive-breeding suppliers. This is how you get quality control. Comes with CITES, Health Certificate and shipping company does clearance to deliver right to your front door / home address and you don't need to go to the airport. We also offer shipping upon requests and delivery is done with no deaths on shipment. We deliver safely and securely right to your front door. We offer discounts for bulk orders. Let me know if you have any questions.

Radiated Tortoise (Astrochelys Radiata)
- Babies = $350 each
- Sub adults = $1100 each
- Adults = $1700 each

Aldabra Giant Tortoise (Geochelone Gigantea)
- Babies = $650 each
- Sub adults = $2850 each
- Adults = $4300 each

Leopard Tortoise (Geochelone Pardalis)
- Babies = $150 each
- Sub adults = $350 each
- Adults = $1200 each

Shipping time is 2 days after payment is confirmed and we accept upto 50% deposits for bulk orders. Please answer the following questions below;

How many tortoises do you want to buy and which species ?
Do you want the order shipped directly to your address or pickup at the airport ?
Payment : Bank Transfer ?

Thank You"

I played along to possibly get a name & their mode of operation, I received this:

On Sep 4, 2017, at 11:17 PM, Aldabra and Radiated Tortoise For Sale <aldabra.radiatedtortoise@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

How was your holidays ? Hope you had quality time with your family. I will like to inform you that Kenyan banks limit us to receiving maximum of $5000 per transaction. So you will have to make the payment in 2 installments but will proceed with paperwork once we receive the first installment. We will ship to tortoises on Thursday afternoon and you will receive them on Saturday morning in the USA. I will provide you with a tracking number which you will use in tracking the shipment till they arrive at your address. Please do well to provide the information which I will use for creating an invoice

Below is the Bank Account information;

Beneficiary : Naisiae W. D. Kisoso
Beneficiary Bank : EQUITY BANK KENYA
Account Number : 0350164019204
Swift Code : EQBLKENA
Address: Upper Hill - Hospital Road, Equity Centre, 9th floor.
City: NAIROBI

It's a scam, Avoid like the plague!

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 09-05-2017, 03:43 PM   #2
JumpSpidersInc
Thank you, Lynn.

Old 09-05-2017, 08:20 PM   #3
tlmoon
Thanks for the heads up. Other than the question of sending large sums of money to a bank in Kenya, are there other things that scream scam? Not questioning your judgment on the matter since I know you are well informed, just honestly curious for my own edification. I'm not likely to be sending increments of $5000 to some bank in another country, that's for sure though!

Old 09-05-2017, 08:52 PM   #4
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmoon View Post
Thanks for the heads up. Other than the question of sending large sums of money to a bank in Kenya, are there other things that scream scam? Not questioning your judgment on the matter since I know you are well informed, just honestly curious for my own edification. I'm not likely to be sending increments of $5000 to some bank in another country, that's for sure though!
There's many examples that scream scam..

"Adult Aldabras $4300 ea"., when in fact they range in price from $110K to $140K per mature pair.

As far as single young adult Aldabras, any where from $12K to $40K

Literally ALL the Aldabra prices are a dead give away..SCAM

The Radiated tortoise prices are way off as well..

The Leopard tortoises, are pretty close to reality, but still no cigar..

Another example, "shipping company does clearance to deliver right to your front door / home address and you don't need to go to the airport."

Everything about this company, SCREAMS SCAM...

Hope this helps.

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 09-06-2017, 09:44 PM   #5
tlmoon
Thanks Lynn - that's good information. I had no idea Aldabras went for that kind of money!

Old 09-07-2017, 10:01 AM   #6
deadheadvet
The other red flag is that it says it comes with CITES. Radiated Tortoises are CITES Appendix 1 which means they can not be shipped outside the country of origin. Radiated babies for 350? Seriously?

Old 09-12-2017, 09:52 PM   #7
Stephen R. Goldberg
Lynn: You are my favorite dealer. You always run a clean, tight ship. Wish there were more like you. Steve Goldberg

Old 09-12-2017, 10:15 PM   #8
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen R. Goldberg View Post
Lynn: You are my favorite dealer. You always run a clean, tight ship. Wish there were more like you. Steve Goldberg
Stephen,
THANK YOU very much!

Although I don't think this is the venue for your very kind words.

Hope you & all your critters are doing extremely well!

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 09-13-2017, 05:26 PM   #9
EdwardK
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadheadvet View Post
The other red flag is that it says it comes with CITES. Radiated Tortoises are CITES Appendix 1 which means they can not be shipped outside the country of origin. Radiated babies for 350? Seriously?
Not for commercial trade but they can be shipped out for scientific research or for institutional programs involving conservation.

some comments

Ed

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!