Just a question! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-09-2005, 04:25 AM   #1
debcat76135
Just a question!

Why do I keep coming here?? I don't keep nor do I Plan to keep Hots ever. I belong over at the hognose board as that is the little snake I so badly want. That being said ever time I come to fauna I end up sneaking into the venomous board!! Truth be told I come here to sneak a peak at Asasin (sp?) Green Vine snakes. Though I do enjoy seeing the pics of the others as well! I really envey all of you the ability and knowlage to keep such snakes!

I won't admit it to anyone I know but I do day dream about having the knowlage and abilitly to someday keep a vine snake (there I said it LOL) though I know that is about as far as I would ever be willing to push my luck!

If you would not mind though please take of what ever spell is on me so that I will stop being drawn to this board that or you could of course just show me some of those pretty green vines of yours LOL

I do hope it is ok for me to keep visting your board even though I keep no hots it not let me know please

Debbie
Ps please forgive the spelling it's not my strong point.

Old 09-09-2005, 07:03 PM   #2
psilocybe
Quote:
Originally Posted by debcat76135
Why do I keep coming here?? I don't keep nor do I Plan to keep Hots ever. I belong over at the hognose board as that is the little snake I so badly want. That being said ever time I come to fauna I end up sneaking into the venomous board!! Truth be told I come here to sneak a peak at Asasin (sp?) Green Vine snakes. Though I do enjoy seeing the pics of the others as well! I really envey all of you the ability and knowlage to keep such snakes!

I won't admit it to anyone I know but I do day dream about having the knowlage and abilitly to someday keep a vine snake (there I said it LOL) though I know that is about as far as I would ever be willing to push my luck!

If you would not mind though please take of what ever spell is on me so that I will stop being drawn to this board that or you could of course just show me some of those pretty green vines of yours LOL

I do hope it is ok for me to keep visting your board even though I keep no hots it not let me know please

Debbie
Ps please forgive the spelling it's not my strong point.

I'm sure no one would tell you that you weren't welcome here just because you don't keep hots...anyone with an interest in them and something worthwhile to say is welcome here.

As for Asian vine snakes, they are not terribly venomous and rather docile. I'm sure you wouldn't have too much trouble keeping them if you did your research on their husbandry needs and got comfortable using a snakehook. Actually, with vines, gardening gloves and long sleeves will do just fine. Although you always want to avoid being bitten by any venomous creature due to the relatively low possiblity of allergic reaction or hyper-sensitivity to the venom, most people report very mild symptoms from bites from these guys.

Good luck, and welcome to the venomous forum

Old 09-18-2005, 01:37 PM   #3
debcat76135
Hi thanks for the welcome! I had not been back to check the boards in a few days and yet what happens?? I come back to the vemomous board!LOL

But really I do enjoy the pics of all of these great vemoumous guys. Hot keepers amaze me as you guys DO what any person keeping any animal SHOULD do. You do your research you learn what it takes to keep these animals/yourselves safe and healthy. You keep tabs on each other to make sure things don't get out of hand. You keep up with your husbandry issues and are so very responisable when it comes to the handling and care of your animals. You know what you are doing befor you do it something that you don't see to often these days with people who keep animals. Sure some of you don't want to start showing breeding cats?? We could use people as dedicated and responisable as hot keepers!!

AS for my love of vine's for now I will just love the pics. I have a rule that requries a 6 month min of research befor I can even think of aquring a new "pet". And I know I am not yet ready for a vine's husbandry. I have been researching hognose's for a year now and have not yet gotten around to actaully buying one LOL. But *maybe* after I do buy a hoggie and keep him a few years eating and healthy I will look into gettin that vine! In the mean time I still get to look a pics so I am happy.

Debbie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!