Inquiry on "Tom Crutchfield" - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:15 AM   #71
sunking
Not at all, I am not willing to go to jail over this bs......If u wanna get some help clearing everything then call me up. I find it kinda funny that you will not contact me...... I have no been with anyone here on this Board of Inquiry. It just seems like you guys are willing to jump on everybody regardless of their past.. He has done his time and extra so cut the guy a breaqk. He has been instrumental in bringing alot of stuff our way. Just ask Bob Clarke, he ripped him off of hundreds of thousands of dollars. He told TOMMY that he could not get him to breed. Hee albino burms where supposedly sterile, but 2 years later he had alb burms out the wazzoe.....

Sincerely,

George Dau

Old 06-12-2008, 03:19 AM   #72
sunking
Talking

So, Ok when u wanna talk in person?

Sincerely,

George Dau

Old 06-12-2008, 03:39 AM   #73
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunking
He has been instrumental in bringing alot of stuff our way. Just ask Bob Clarke, he ripped him off of hundreds of thousands of dollars. He told TOMMY that he could not get him to breed. Hee albino burms where supposedly sterile, but 2 years later he had alb burms out the wazzoe.....

Sincerely,

George Dau

More third party nonsense shmonsense that is not allowed on the BOI.

You just dont get it Georgie.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:52 AM   #74
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunking
So, Ok when u wanna talk in person?

Sincerely,

George Dau
WTF is wrong with you? Do you have a crush on me or something? Are you deranged? I don't want to meet you. I don't want to be your pal. I don't want anything to do with you. I don't want to be in the Tom Crutchfield fan club you seem to be the president of.

Do you not grasp this? HOLY CRAP!!!

Old 06-12-2008, 08:56 AM   #75
John Apple
well first of the thread is about Ol tommy...taking him up on his offer...well I'll be in Arizona next month and in Florida in September under my own power.
If tom is sincere ...yeah I am sure we will come to a conclusion...and if not yeah I am sure we will come to a conclusion....no worries and no fear
Yeah Tom did send a replacement...and it was sent in a box with a few strips of newspaper and the snake was in a bag....No insulation at all and a very small amount of paper for packing.
remember the old saying one bad apple [yeah I said that]

Old 06-12-2008, 09:07 AM   #76
John Apple
One more thing ...why spend the money on a plane ticket roundtrip and accomodations when it is cheaper to compensate me for the snakes.
ahhh yeah must be to press the palm with me

Old 06-12-2008, 09:59 AM   #77
John E Dove
I find it interesting that I was in a discussion with some rather wise people recently on the subject of how long a person’s past should be held against them.
I like Mr. Crutchfield, and many others who will read these words, have a past which contains incidents I am not particularly proud of. I was not really convicted for any of the crimes I committed because I was lucky enough or sneaky enough not get caught. Roughly 25 years ago I matured enough to realize I how much it would screw up my life if I did get caught so I cleaned up my act and started walking the straight and narrow.
Now I am the guy you pass on the interstate and give the one finger wave because I am only doing 55.

I also strongly feel that once someone clearly demonstrates for a period of time that they are no longer acting as a criminal element their past should no longer enter into their present situations.

That said; I believe that the period of time applicable is dependent on the individual and their history.

In the case of Mr. Crutchfield’s history we know that when he pled guilty to smuggling endangered “rare species” in 1999 he “already was on supervised release and had served a prison sentence for smuggling endangered Fiji Island Iguanas into the United States in 1995”. Further he admitted that during this period he had also “bought smuggle(d) exotic turtles from a Japanese national, Kei Tomono, in 1996.”
Hence we are assured, that at that point in his life, he was willing to continue his criminal activity even while serving his sentence for the same type crimes.
We also know that Mr. Crutchfield was more than willing to flee the jurisdiction rather than man up to his misdeeds.

Fast forward to 2008; Mr. Crutchfield is again dealing in reptiles and seemingly has been for some period of time. Possibly even during the time he was “prohibited from engaging in the wildlife trade”?

There is no doubt that Mr. Crutchfield is a brilliant herpetologist/herpetoculturist but has enough time past that we can really trust that we will not be supporting criminal activity by doing business with him? If you think that doing business with someone who supports criminal activity does not matter then try doing business with someone who supports terrorism and see where it gets you legally and morally in the eyes of your peers and neighbors.
It matters and clearly demonstrates your moral standards.

With Mr. Crutchfield I am still on the fence leaning toward no when it comes to doing business with him. I have seen him offer up some wonderful specimens I would have loved to add to my collection and I have no doubt they would be healthy animals, but the cloud has not faded enough yet that I can feel comfortable taking the risk.
Were I closer to him, geographically, I would likely seek him out for knowledge and to get to know him better personally but sadly all I have to go on is his history which leaves him lacking at this time.

I do know if he were to demonstrate the brash immaturity that some of his supporters have displayed here I would write him off immediately but somehow I doubt he would do so.

Old 06-12-2008, 12:16 PM   #78
WebSlave
To the couple of members having the pissing duel in this thread. It stops NOW, or there is a three day suspension with BOTH of your names on it waiting for you.

Old 06-12-2008, 10:20 PM   #79
lanceheads
Mr. Berry,

Did Mr. Crutchfield say if he was going to come to the BOI to give his side of the story?

And as I previously said, I ordered some WC animals from his several years ago, and had zero problems with Tom or the animals. I'm just curious if Mr. Crutchfield has any plans on making an appearance here to defend himself in light of his past surfacing again.

David Beaver

David Beaver,
I asked Tom to come on here and make the offer himself, from what I gathered, he didn't want to get into a pissing match with John Apple, he only wanted to extend his offer to John Apple, and I'm sure he has seen Mr. Apples refusal by now. Dead issue.

Randal

Old 06-13-2008, 05:53 AM   #80
KNOBTAIL
Hey Randal

And this was posted with a simple request. This always happens with Tom. The true Neverending Story ! For the person who started this thread LUVMYBD: make up your own mind, but since you are here in Fla. and Tom is here in Fla. you may want to pay him a visit and see what you are interested in buying. This will provide the necessary guarantee's that you may be concerned about.

Otherwise, their is no sense in continuing this diatribe. JERRY

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!