Chad Horne AKA www.Arabesqueboa.com - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-13-2008, 12:35 PM   #31
KCRD.com
Just out of curiosity, how ARE my green trees doing?

Old 06-13-2008, 05:31 PM   #32
scaleman
I bought a albino male boa off chad last year and it showed up in beautiful condition. Chads service was excellent throughout the transaction. The price was better then fair and he followed up on the boa several times through e-mails and a phone call the day it arrived. I'll buy off Chad again.

Just my experience. First time poster, long time browser. (never had experience with anyone on this before that I know of.)

Kevin Healy

Old 06-14-2008, 12:12 AM   #33
DaveyFig
Quote:
How is that a main point of the story? How does it matter what person accepted the package? The point is the snake was dead when the box was opened just 2 hours after the delivery and the snake smelled like it had set out on a desert highway for a week!

The main point of the story is that an animal lost it's life. I would say that the matter of who accepted the package is a close 3rd, but the second most important is that it sat unopened for 2 hours. Certainly an animal packaged correctly should be able to survive the extra time. I have had animals delivered late that were in primo condition when opened.
Now, your case could very easily have been caused by the snake having been left in a truck too long the day before. However, you didnt open it for 2 hours, so we will never know.

Quote:
Please call me ASAP at 913-269-5764. My mom just called me at work and told me to come right over, the snake was here. So I just opened the box not 2 minutes ago, and the worst smell you have ever smelled came from the box. The snake is very beautiful, but unfortunatly she died in shipping! Please call me ASAP!
Ok, so your mom called about an hour after she recieved the package to let you know that when she did get it it smelled bad? According to your email you were home within minutes of the call, but according to your earlier explanation of why you lied about who took the package, you mention that because of your duties it was an hour and a half later that you arrived.

You say the animal could have been sick when shipped so it couldn't handle the trip. You say the animal could have died of heat exhaustion because it was in a truck to long. You refuse to admit that MAYBE it died because of the extra time in the box at your place.

I don't know the layout of your temp controlled basement. I know that a lot of basements have water heaters, and/or clothes dryers in them. Now, I am not playing Matlock here, just thinking it may be possible that it wasn't the temperature of the basement that was the issue, and that something else could have killed the snake in there. Again, we will never know.

In the emails you posted yourself, it looks like Chad did try to meet you half way, and that you wanted more than that.

I recently bought a snake that arrived alive, was opened immediately (I open them before I bring them in to make sure I am not bringing in mites), and died within 8 hours of delivery. The snake never was quite right, and the seller refunded my money, including shipping. You don't get that everywhere. Live arrival to most means it was breathing when you opened the box, and thats it. Had the snake sat in an unopened box for 2 hours after arrival, I doubt I would have even told the guy that it died. By the way, the snake was cold , so I left it to warm up at room temperature, so I didn't heat him up too fast.
I checked on him a couple times an hour, and when I found him dead it was my nose that allerted me to the fact first.

Live arrival means that the snake is alive when it arrives, not when you get around to opening the box.If you open the box immediately, youre covered(by most). If you you open the box 2 hours later...You don't know that it wasn't alive when it got there.

Quote:
There is no way in the world I would not be available for a package that had a live animal in it the morning it was to be delivered
Right!

Quote:
I said originally I accepted the box, the truth is my mother accepted the box, what does it matter who accepted the box.
It only matters because YOU said YOU accepted it, and opened it right then. You weren't presenting facts about Chad Horne, you were trying to plant a seed before the hole got too deep.

Old 06-14-2008, 03:05 PM   #34
KelliH
Quote:
First point: I said originally I accepted the box, the truth is my mother accepted the box, what does it matter who accepted the box. The comment made about the smell coming from the box was said it was just said to my mother who WAS watching my children that morning. Once again, why does it matter who accepted the box from Airborne? The box NEVER sat on my porch like Chad said it did.
It matters because well, you lied, which makes the truth in everything else you say here questionable. Let's be real here, you would not forget if it was you or your mom that received the package that morning, especially in a "deal gone wrong" case like this.

Quote:
There is no way in the world I would not be available for a package that had a live animal in it the morning it was to be delivered.
Another lie?

If you were not there to receive the package, mom should have opened it immediately to confirm the snake's health.

Old 06-14-2008, 10:08 PM   #35
Brad Lichtenhan
I purchased a group of snakes from Chad 1 1/2 years ago, the transaction went well, the snakes were honestly represented, the price was fair, the shipping was good, I would deal with him again without hesitation, Brad Lichtenhan

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!