Allen Belcher / BigDaddy's Wholesale (Good Experience) - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:56 AM   #21
DThomas
Also, you sent your entire Boa collection to someone that was shown to have IBD not all that long ago. That's akin to a death sentence. But you got a great deal so that's all that matters right?

Old 11-27-2007, 12:46 PM   #22
Chameleon Company
Agree with him or not ...

Quote:
DThomas writes: Excuse me, but this is not how the BOI works or what it is for. Everyone is free to post their opinion about anyone or any transaction. Having had a transaction with someone is not a condition to post on the BOI. You have no right to continually tell everyone to stop doing it.
As you say, "everyone is free to post their opinion .... " which I agree with, but which also acknowledges his own "right" to comment about any other post, either in content or validity. What he has yet to learn is that it is futile to exercise that right as he has here, somewhat akin to "shooting oneself in their own foot", or "being one's own worst enemy". Speaking of which, let me leave while I still have two good feet to trod on .......

Old 11-27-2007, 01:03 PM   #23
RJK890
Dethroned

Jim O,
The only thing dead around here is the BOI. Again, people are going to have to read through 100 pages of garbage to find any useful info(assuming any other former customers have the balls to post that they have Allen's animals in their collection.) I was wanting this thread to be for good/bad feedback from people who have actually done business with Allen. Not for all the useless gossip and industry politics in the other two threads. Even if ya'll had to post a link to the other threads and leave it at that. I respectfully asked that all the rumors and trash talking remain in there so this thread could actually serve a purpose for anyone considering making a purchase.
I do not think for a second that I am king around here. I am not even part of this "industry." I am simply a hobbyist with a love for the animals that I keep. I would post positive/negative feedback for any person I purchased from. However, I felt that my post would have been lost in a sea of slander in the other threads. I decided to start a new one and included a request that all of this trash talking be confined to the other two threads(not stopped, as if I were king.) I am sorry that it is self exaltation to request that people post only facts, and personal accounts in a particular BOI thread. Thanks.
I did not give my BCI colony a death sentence. The other thread did not prove that IBD had passed through Allen's collection. It was a rumor weed. It had a necropsy report from like an 8 month old snake on what should have been a 3 week old hatchling. The other Spider was like 60g with loose skin and would not eat. Allen offered to have it shipped back to him and either get it started or replace it. I agree that it may have been misrepresented as "well started", but he was willing to make it right wasn't he. The OP chose to keep it and when it did die he did not have a necro done on it. If Allen were to have an IBD outbreak it sure was kept quiet. If Person A posted a necro of a 5' Retic on what should have been a 2 month old hatchling and said Person B(D.Thomas,Wes,Jim O, ect.) has IBD in his collection you would be singing a different tune.
I am not the marketing executive for BigDaddy's Wholesale, I just posted my good experience with Allen. If this thread would have turned out to be a bad guy thread based on negative feedback from actual customers that would have been fine with me, but I guess its a free country right. As you were, What a useless forum!

Allen,
I am sorry for opening up yet another thread with your name on it. It is turning out to be just another carcass for the wolfpack. I don't know how you manage to stay in business. It seems I am the only person to ever have received a snake from you.
Thanks for the great animals, and God Bless.
Rob Kelly

Old 11-27-2007, 01:11 PM   #24
Wilomn
rob, it seems to me you wanted to brag about doing business with a known scumbag.

Is there some reason you should recieve accolades for that?

You knew his reputation.

You know fauna's reputation.

You admit you are a small man and yet you thought you could change the packs quest for truth all by your lonesome? Do you have one of those funhouse mirrors that makes the images seem bigger than they really are.

IBD was proven.

It's a fact that won't be overlooked here by anyone saying nice things about allen. Not yet. Maybe in a few years, but certainly not yet.

I hope you have lots of luck and plenty of babies and that you also come to understand why there is so little tolerance for lying and scumbaggitry here.

Old 11-27-2007, 02:07 PM   #25
Griz

Peek-a-Boo, I can't see you,
Everything must be grand.
Boo-ka-Pe, they can't see me,
As long as I've got me head in the sand.
Peek-a-Boo, it may be true,
There's something in what you've said,
But we've got enough troubles in everyday life,
I just bury me head.

How prophetic.......

Griz

Old 11-27-2007, 03:22 PM   #26
big daddy's wholesal
Rob thanks for the good intentions of this thread. However some of the people here that frequent fauna are good people who would like to see this thread used as it was intended. Then they're others who have it hard for me and want nothing more than to attempt to slander and damage any attempt at a possibility of something good being said or shared about myself.
Here's some answers to some crazy misconseptions!
1 I breed 90-95% of the snakes I sell. I do trades and on ocassion I will buy a good deal for cash. Watch over the next couple of weeks on my adds I just bought two breeders out and will be selling the stock off of the deals. I never pass up a great bargain even in a market as tight as ours right now!
2 I am not or have never been thrown out of or banned from being a vender or customer at any show.
3 I have never had a promoter tell me or make me feel not welcome at an event.
4 I appreciate all the drama given to me and my company from all of you. I have an opportunity to answer questions and defend myself here for everyone to view. I have had many people and even some of the original people who were posting negative comments to stop by our tables at shows, ask people who have done business with me and even come to my facilities. Fauna has brought my name to the spotlight in this industry, However various opinions and rumors came with it. But still has given me an oportunity to shine and when people deal with me or come and visit you don't hear negative statements. So I want to say thank you to fauna for giving me the chance to show who I really am and how I really run my business to so many people in this industry.
5 I have never had a problem with any het animals that I produced and sold.
6 I have given several of you personal invitations to come and tour my facilities. A handful has taken me up on that. I have even offered to pay the airfare for some and still some of these people would rather sit behind a keypad and guess rather than come and see first hand. Here again call me and I will make it happen for you. 706-615-4772
7 Just because I live in Alabama does not make me married to my sister, broke, redneck and/or stupid. I have a beautiful wife with four great kids, I live in a nice home with only a few bills, I do like to listen a tell redneck jokes but would not consider myself as being one and finally I graduated high school with honors and have a masters in electrical engineering.
8 If you thought this season was crazy just wait for this coming year, I already have snakes dropping eggs and lots of ovulations. This season will knock you to your knees. We are expecting over 1500 eggs this season. Looks like this is going to be another I Be Damn season again!!!
Allen Belcher 706-615-4772

Old 11-27-2007, 03:42 PM   #27
snake5007
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daddy's wholesal
Rob thanks for the good intentions of this thread. However some of the people here that frequent fauna are good people who would like to see this thread used as it was intended. Then they're others who have it hard for me and want nothing more than to attempt to slander and damage any attempt at a possibility of something good being said or shared about myself.
1 I breed 90-95% of the snakes I sell. I do trades and on ocassion I will buy a good deal for cash. Watch over the next couple of weeks on my adds I just bought two breeders out and will be selling the stock off of the deals. I never pass up a great bargain even in a market as tight as ours right now!
2 I am not or have never been thrown out of or banned from being a vender or customer at any show.
4 I appreciate all the drama given to me and my company from all of you. I have an opportunity to answer questions and defend myself here for everyone to view. I have had many people and even some of the original people who were posting negative comments to stop by our tables at shows, ask people who have done business with me and even come to my facilities. Fauna has brought my name to the spotlight in this industry, However various opinions and rumors came with it. But still has given me an oportunity to shine and when people deal with me or come and visit you don't hear negative statements. So I want to say thank you to fauna for giving me the chance to show who I really am and how I really run my business to so many people in this industry.
6 I have given several of you personal invitations to come and tour my facilities. A handful has taken me up on that. I have even offered to pay the airfare for some and still some of these people would rather sit behind a keypad and guess rather than come and see first hand. Here again call me and I will make it happen for you. 706-615-4772
7 Just because I live in Alabama does not make me married to my sister, broke, redneck and/or stupid. I have a beautiful wife with four great kids, I live in a nice home with only a few bills, I do like to listen a tell redneck jokes but would not consider myself as being one and finally I graduated high school with honors and have a masters in electrical engineering.
8 If you thought this season was crazy just wait for this coming year, I already have snakes dropping eggs and lots of ovulations. This season will knock you to your knees. We are expecting over 1500 eggs this season. Looks like this is going to be another I Be Damn season again!!!

Is that advertising i smell?

Old 11-27-2007, 04:18 PM   #28
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK890
Jim O,
The only thing dead around here is the BOI. Again, people are going to have to read through 100 pages of garbage to find any useful info(assuming any other former customers have the balls to post that they have Allen's animals in their collection.) I was wanting this thread to be for good/bad feedback from people who have actually done business with Allen. Not for all the useless gossip and industry politics in the other two threads. Even if ya'll had to post a link to the other threads and leave it at that. I respectfully asked that all the rumors and trash talking remain in there so this thread could actually serve a purpose for anyone considering making a purchase.
I do not think for a second that I am king around here. I am not even part of this "industry." I am simply a hobbyist with a love for the animals that I keep. I would post positive/negative feedback for any person I purchased from. However, I felt that my post would have been lost in a sea of slander in the other threads. I decided to start a new one and included a request that all of this trash talking be confined to the other two threads(not stopped, as if I were king.) I am sorry that it is self exaltation to request that people post only facts, and personal accounts in a particular BOI thread. Thanks.
I did not give my BCI colony a death sentence. The other thread did not prove that IBD had passed through Allen's collection. It was a rumor weed. It had a necropsy report from like an 8 month old snake on what should have been a 3 week old hatchling. The other Spider was like 60g with loose skin and would not eat. Allen offered to have it shipped back to him and either get it started or replace it. I agree that it may have been misrepresented as "well started", but he was willing to make it right wasn't he. The OP chose to keep it and when it did die he did not have a necro done on it. If Allen were to have an IBD outbreak it sure was kept quiet. If Person A posted a necro of a 5' Retic on what should have been a 2 month old hatchling and said Person B(D.Thomas,Wes,Jim O, ect.) has IBD in his collection you would be singing a different tune.
I am not the marketing executive for BigDaddy's Wholesale, I just posted my good experience with Allen. If this thread would have turned out to be a bad guy thread based on negative feedback from actual customers that would have been fine with me, but I guess its a free country right. As you were, What a useless forum!

Allen,
I am sorry for opening up yet another thread with your name on it. It is turning out to be just another carcass for the wolfpack. I don't know how you manage to stay in business. It seems I am the only person to ever have received a snake from you.
Thanks for the great animals, and God Bless.
Rob Kelly

Rob, I’m really glad you had a positive experience. Seriously I am. You do spark a couple of interesting questions. The bottom-line for you anyway is that you received animals that you are happy with. For you that end result is what is most important. However, you are asking that and requiring others in your requests, and summarizing that anything short of actual animals being received that all other opinions are useless. Well, that’s great except for the fact you are asking others to also go along with that conclusion or this forum has become useless. Well, the BOI was never intended to have such a limited scope and really goes against the nature of why this forum has been effective.

Let me ask you and this could pertain to any transaction not necessarily yours but in general. I see an inquiry about someone on the BOI and a individual responds to this inquire about the subject and posts that this person they are inquiring about is excellent to deal with and do not to hesitate sending their hard earned money to the person. Now, I read this inquiry but I have no personal experience with the subject of thread. I’m aware that the subject has multiple bad guy threads and have read and participated in a couple of them in the past. By your guidelines, I shouldn’t post for all those researching and reading this thread at the top of the BOI that this person has had problems. My opinions are not the same. I may, like you suggested just post links to the previous threads. However, if my opinion were that the person was truly a scammer or someone that had serious customer service issues that haven’t been resolved, I would voice my opinion. It doesn’t take away the fact that the first person responding had a transaction that was positive for them. It does let others know the experiences of others. Which gives any potential buyer information they could use to decide for themselves. Ostracizing others for those believes and regulating their comments as useless, I would disagree with.

Take for example

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK890
If you have purchased a het that did or did not prove out for you please feel free to post a reply to this thread. If not your opinion is useless in this thread.
Now, it could be someone is reading this that hasn’t done business with him but believes he lied on a thread to damage a customer’s reputation and believability to discredit them. Well, that may be important to some wanting to make an educated decision on purchasing. It may be of little concern to you and outside the scope of your importance but not all.

If I was of the opinion that it should be known I might post this quote in such a thread.

Quote:
He also stated that he lost my yellow card. My cards are tan and all are done by the same printer everytime.

Then, I might attach this image.

This might not be important to you and you could consider it useless but some may want the information.

It doesn’t mean that your good transaction has less value just that others have different opinions and standards.
Someone else may come along and post that the quote and image was counter with him stating someone ran a emergency print job on the cards and he forgot or he didn’t know they were yellow. Which allows the readers to make their own decision.

My point at its simplest is this. If you dictate what is allowed and what is not allowed to be posted and have a strict scope of posting the narrowest of firsthand experiences, many scammers, bad business practices would never be posted about. To some ethics and business practices are just as important as receiving animals as described. That doesn’t mean you have to agree with every statement that posted or that the information they posted is useful in any way. Sometimes, it can be unwarranted and you should feel free
to state as much. But, it doesn’t make the forum useless.

FYI-
I personally would not have commented on your thread here. It's great you had a wonderful transaction. But, if I felt strongly enough about posting my opinion or posting links, I'm grateful that I can. That doesn't necessarily mean I don't have a opinion. The forum isn't useless to those that read it even if the threads are lengthy. Each individual will either be concerned enough to read or they will not.

Old 11-27-2007, 05:52 PM   #29
BryonsBoas
Quote:
Proofread your posts before doing this again. Advertising is not allowed on the BOI.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:41 PM   #30
KelliH
Forgive me, but that does not appear to be advertising IMO, just foolish bragging.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!