Jason Sobek,The Arachnoporium(Bad Guy) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:26 AM   #1
AF Exotics
Jason Sobek,The Arachnoporium(Bad Guy)

I have waited long enough and have been more than patient with this person.I sent Jason two shipments of inverts,one on the 30th of August,and the other on the 14th of September of this year.They were sent on agreement of paying balance within 30 day terms.I had never done business with Jason,but was referred to him by a person I consider a very good and honest guy,Charles"Botar"Black.The first shipment was for an amount of 2563.00,the second,1900.00.Jason sent me a fraudulent E-Check from Paypal for the first invoice on his father's Paypal account.This failed twice and started the downhill spiral of excuses,lies and then personal attacks on the "Arachnoboards" when I called him out for it.He refused to answer phone calls and emails,and eventually I tried to set up a payment plan because I received information that he was not doing well financially.He never stuck to any of his words,including offering to send the stock back.This is just the abbreviated version as there is a lot more.

I tried to work with this guy,but he is nothing more than a thief and a liar until proven otherwise.I have numerous emails,a failed E-Check(PAYPAL IS WORTHLESS) and then he attacks me personally,which was edited out by the moderator of the "Arachnoboards",which then makes it look like there is some resolution,but none has been offered.I am still out this money.Charles "Botar" Black tried his hardest to help in this situation,as he was also taken by Jason,and thought Jason was a good friend.I know Jason will see this and start with the smokesreens and b.s. again,but as it was put by Botar in the thread,"Jason didn't have a problem with Marcus or his stock until he outed him for not paying".

Some of the emails I have received from Jason were very personal in matter,concerning his life,but I am the point that I am willing to make whatever needs to be available to prove my claims here.I sent some it earlier to a member here to help me be able to capture the emails.I am not very familiar with the methods I would need to show the emails and failed E-Check.I will be more than willing to forward the emails to any board member in good standing in order to validate my claims,yet still hold the sanctity of the private matter that is mixed up with the acknowledgements of his guilt in this matter.Just because he has acted this way,I do not have to act like him.Thanks,Marcus Quesada.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:59 AM   #2
omni
Hi Marcus, I believe I pm'd you some time ago on AB about Jason. This is a much better venue to discuss your transaction and try to get a resolution than the warning/inquiry section there. Maybe with some pressure, he will try to make it right with the people involved.

First step, notify Jason of this thread, that he may respond with his side of events. Get hard copies of emails between you, as legal action may be your only remedy.

While nobody likes their personal business aired in public, be advised tho that anything and everything about anyone posting in the BOI could be made public in this thread.

I direct interested parties to read this thread on Arachnoboards

I had asked Jason about an opportunity to work w/ him and learn more about inverts as he was expanding to a business from his hobby, I rec'd one email from him that possibly written as a joke, but highly inappropriate and somewhat vulgar. Here is an exerpt from the last of a couple emails i rec'd from him:
From: "The Arachnoporium (Jason Sobek)" <thearachnoporium@comcast.net> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To: "'P. Sutter'"
Subject: Bishop to Queen's Rook Seven.
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 02:47:20 -0700

Hello Paul,
Actually, I have never played Chess –

The details of my life are quite inconsequential …

Where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy, the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds, pretty standard really. At the age of 12 I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum, it's breathtaking, I suggest you try it
At the very least, from emails and viewing his myspace page (tengu79), I think he has delusions of grandeur and is some sort of young weirdo with questionable morals I wish nothing to do with.

Old 12-18-2007, 08:53 AM   #3
grandmagreen
Quote:
Originally Posted by omni
I rec'd one email from him that possibly written as a joke, but highly inappropriate and somewhat vulgar. Here is an exerpt from the last of a couple emails i rec'd from him:
From: "The Arachnoporium (Jason Sobek)" <thearachnoporium@comcast.net> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To: "'P. Sutter'"
Subject: Bishop to Queen's Rook Seven.
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 02:47:20 -0700

Hello Paul,
Actually, I have never played Chess –

The details of my life are quite inconsequential …

Where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy, the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds, pretty standard really. At the age of 12 I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum, it's breathtaking, I suggest you try it
At the very least, from emails and viewing his myspace page (tengu79), I think he has delusions of grandeur and is some sort of young weirdo with questionable morals I wish nothing to do with.
The email is definitely a joke. It's a quote from Dr. Evil, a character in the Austin Powers movies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Evil

Old 12-18-2007, 10:40 AM   #4
Wilomn
Marcus, your best bet to get help is to post everything you've got. Emails, invioces, all of it from beginning to end.

That way it can be available to those here who will pick it apart and get down to the nitty gritty and try to help you out.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:23 AM   #5
John Apple
I too would like to see the e-mails, just cut and paste them.
Does Sobek know about this thread?

Old 12-18-2007, 12:19 PM   #6
omni
ok, I'm not up on comedy flix to recognize the quote. His joke really came off the wall to me outta nowhere.
I don't think he is a "bad guy", just that with a recent move and a couple large shipments in with sales maybe not covering the bills, I can understand how he could've gotten into some financial troubles, maybe bit off more than could be chewed. Still, it seemed that things were looking up(Oct?) when some sort of payment plan was agreed upon or return of some stock.

Jason, what you should do is just tell your creditors that you are broke because stuff didn't sell as you had hoped. Be open and communicate w/ppl, don't avoid them. People want reassurance that you are making effort to meet your obligations. Even small payments will go a long way. Downsize slowly at a loss to make a few payments.
You're a good kid I can tell from looking at a lot of your photos and stuff you're into, and smart. I did some digging, you know your stuff, just you're a strange one that I wouldnt do any biz with.

I don't think he's purposely scamming anyone, just can't see his way out of the hole he's in.
Actually I enjoy seeing real scumbags get thrown to the wolves, but think Jason isn't deserving of that. His past record is pretty good w/ lotsa happy customers (scratches head; what happened?)
Do the right thing, man!

Old 12-18-2007, 01:44 PM   #7
AF Exotics
Wes,I can forward them to you,but they should remain private,as he discusses some personal issues in there,mixed in with his accountability in this matter.I have been more than patient.I don't know what to make of Jason,but when someone owes you 4500.00 and makes no attempt to make it right,well what is left to think of that person.

Old 12-18-2007, 01:58 PM   #8
AF Exotics
I will try to get together approx $1,000 this week, if I receive my DBA packet from the state tomorrow, or whatever day – the small business loan will be a go and we will be squared away.

I’ve got so much personal shit going on I am trying to flush it out of my system, and cope with my friends accident to the best of my ability without resorting to medications to assist me. I am also going to pause of all of the feeding and care which needs done to get photos of all of the African stuff taken and get it posted so income can begin to be generated immediately – get the stuff posted on my site and then hit all the forums with photos and price lists. I’m going to lift myself out of this grey cloud (I always thought depression was a made up like RLS) and put my best foot forward to take care of the situation at hand.

I need to just push everything out of my mind for the time being, as I realize it will just slow me down, which will slow down making things right with you and everything else.

Sorry man – I am going to get all of these pics taken and put a revised price list together now and stay up working at it until I run out of steam or finish. If I don’t hit the forums with all of this African stock tonight, I’ll have it done tomorrow and once I get this stuff posted and income starts coming back (honestly I have not had a sale come through since the forum stuff – not making any excuses – just stating that I have to work to get this stuff posted and hope for the best). I’m going to track down the department who handles the DBA registrations in PA and contact them tomorrow AM to get an estimate on when the paperwork will arrive.

Take care – please keep the personal stuff I may have told you on my side between us. I am truly sorry, and I assure you I want to get this taken care of just as urgently as you do. Take care Marcus, and I will be in touch.

Thank you,

Jason Sobek

The Arachnoporium

http://www.arachnidshop.com

412-377-4644

Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 6:35 PM
To: arachnoporium@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Payment Arrangments

If you can give me an idea on what this equates to .I cannot agree to something with no amount,even a conservative estimate .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

Old 12-18-2007, 02:18 PM   #9
AF Exotics
That email was one of the least,personally confidential sent.He is telling me,at that time what he can do to make restitution,but suggests I remove the thread on the AB,and then he becomes non-responsive later when I wont.I offered a payment plan that would span 10 weeks,of 450.00 a week,and I would've worked with him as much as possible,but he eventually blew me off. I just need to get paid for what I sent in good faith.PERIOD.Marcus Quesada

Old 12-18-2007, 03:14 PM   #10
kmurphy
Quote:
That email was one of the least,personally confidential sent.
Marcus, do you know if the personal information he has told you is even true?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!