Jason Sobek,The Arachnoporium(Bad Guy) - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:18 PM   #61
MikeCurtin
My name's Mike Curtin and I'm in NJ. I don't know you either, but from what I've seen on this thread, a seller on your site needs to beat someone for $4500 to come close to being banned from selling. In addition, you delete records/complaints/proof about said transaction because they're not productive. Lastly, negative reviews on this seller are nowhere to be found. If this is inaccurate in any way, please correct me and I will profoundly apologize for doubting the integrity of the way things are done there.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:20 PM   #62
John Apple
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Internet
Look, I don't know you, and I'm not interested in escalating your little insinuation that we are some kind of club for scammers. When you have somethign to say to someone's face, let us know. Have a GREAT day.
heh heh funny man...I feel the same way when typing as there is no face to face. Tom ....arachnoboards does stick to the guns, I have made some loot there. Generally I DO enjoy the site and some of the folks there

Old 06-10-2008, 04:49 PM   #63
AF Exotics
Tom I get the picture your painting.I understand the need to keep a level of civility on the AB,no beef with that here.I just don't get the idea of letting someone continue to post items for sale when there is that issue hanging over them.There is a methodical approach I see and understand,but he should've lost his privilege to post until it was resolved.That is the problem I have.It portrays him as a good vendor when all you see is favorable reviews,when that is clearly not the case.I see that as wrong and misleading.Nothing will change my mind,face to face,phone to phone,keyboard to keyboard.He stole from me and was allowed to sell my stolen stock,and some of Botar's too.I have been respectful of the site,and everyone on it,because my issue is with Jason,but WISH the AB would've handled it differently.Enough on the AB,JASON IS THE PROBLEM.PERIOD

Old 06-10-2008, 04:55 PM   #64
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus q
It portrays him as a good vendor when all you see is favorable reviews,when that is clearly not the case.I see that as wrong and misleading.Nothing will change my mind,face to face,phone to phone,keyboard to keyboard.He stole from me and was allowed to sell my stolen stock,and some of Botar's too.
This was the reason for my earlier comment, and like I said, if I was mistaken, I'll be first to admit it and apologize. Just seems that with no repercussions, Jason (and perhaps folks like him) can do as they will and benefit at the expense of those they've stiffed.

Old 06-10-2008, 05:10 PM   #65
AF Exotics
Michael,I appreciate the sentiment.I think we all can agree that the AB isn't the culprit here.It is Jason Sobek.I hope he develops some integrity and changes his ways.Maybe he will bump his head(not a threat) and remember the people who trusted him and tried to help him.Maybe not.

The culprit here is JASON SOBEK.

Old 06-10-2008, 05:20 PM   #66
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus q
Michael,I appreciate the sentiment.I think we all can agree that the AB isn't the culprit here.It is Jason Sobek.I hope he develops some integrity and changes his ways.Maybe he will bump his head(not a threat) and remember the people who trusted him and tried to help him.Maybe not.

The culprit here is JASON SOBEK.
I can agree with that, and I wish you the best of luck...I probably came off sounding like a jerk, but a little extra oversight couldn't hurt.

Old 06-10-2008, 05:33 PM   #67
ravensgait
Tom why not take a look at this thread it's about a known scammer who pops from site to site scamming folks and the admin and members of those sites got all upset just because people tried to help them by WARNING them about the guy! http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=110474

I wonder what happens the next time one of your members gets scammed by someone You Knew was a bad guy and yet removed post that could have warned others and turned a blind eye. I'd bet a good deal of money the person would want to get into Your Face about it.. Randy

Old 06-10-2008, 06:04 PM   #68
AF Exotics
Michael,you didn't sound like a jerk at all.Just legitimate questions.Jason is a scam artist until proven otherwise.Nothing and nobody is perfect and there were some things I would've liked to see happen,but that is the past now.Jason and his debt are current and dynamic.He owes me,Botar,his former landlord,an explanation to several hundreds,if not thousand of animals he left behind and this person from Egypt now.

Nice work Jason.I like your little motto on your former site.I guess the way you adapt is to become spineless and run from your responsibilities.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:31 PM   #69
McLovin
after reading every post made on this topic, I feel sorry for you Marcus, it seems like you are ice skating uphill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Internet
... when we no longer wish them to sell at AB, we remove their ability to do so.

What a quote Tom. What is taking so long to ban Jason cuz if 5k ain't enough, then maybe your hand is in Marcus' cookie jar too perhaps?
Bob Delaune

Old 06-10-2008, 09:54 PM   #70
Mister Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by strictly4fun
What a quote Tom. What is taking so long to ban Jason cuz if 5k ain't enough, then maybe your hand is in Marcus' cookie jar too perhaps?
Bob Delaune
Hi. You and I aren't on a first name basis as far as I'm aware, but our hands aren't in anyone's cookie jar. I've tried my best to explain our rationale, but I'm certainly not going to discuss our proceedings and every little conversation we've ever had about every shady character. Suffice it to say that things get dealt with when we feel it's needed. When more is needed, we shove people towards the BOI, because we don't want to deal with the crap. Save your conspiracy theories and insinuations for the real scammers, I'm not biting.

I think I'm done talking about this now, back to my hole I go.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!