Jason Sobek,The Arachnoporium(Bad Guy) - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-10-2008, 10:46 PM   #71
McLovin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Internet
I've tried my best to explain our rationale, but I'm certainly not going to discuss our proceedings and every little conversation we've ever had about every shady character.
to be honest, I'm not either but this thread is about Jason not "every shady character"

Quote:
When more is needed, we shove people towards the BOI, because we don't want to deal with the crap.

totally understood cuz everyone wants to run a civilized, informative and well respected site (who wouldn't)

Quote:
Save your conspiracy theories and insinuations for the real scammers, I'm not biting.

I certainly will try, but who are the real scammers- oh yeah that would be Jason

Quote:
... when we no longer wish them to sell at AB, we remove their ability to do so.

well if you are a know scammer and you are reading this, then you know what site you can advertise without consequences

black + white version for you if you are confused still

Jason took 5k
Jason won't return 5k
Jason (known scammer) can still advertise on your site selling stolen goods

perhaps you would feel different if that was your money
Bob Delaune

if anything in this post is incorrect, please correct me where I strayed off the beaten path

Old 06-11-2008, 12:36 AM   #72
ravensgait
Quote ""if anything in this post is incorrect, please correct me where I strayed off the beaten path""

I think he headed off the beaten path and into his hole, though there is some question as to which of His Holes he was referring to.. Maybe that dark ring around his collar didn't come from sweat if ya know what I mean.

I don't know Tom your evasiveness here leaves me with a bad taste, instead of giving real answers to the questions posed you run off..

---------------

Is there real proof that the critters this scum bag is selling on their site is stolen?? Someone want to get some screen shots of these adds for me.. Randy

Old 06-11-2008, 12:52 AM   #73
Otter_23
I think it is pretty clear. Jason is a two bit thief. I guess what kind of irks me though is that he is allowed to sell stolen stuff on another site. If proof can be provided that the stock he is selling is stolen he should be banned immediately no if and or buts about it. Personally the way Marcus has conducted himself on this thread would make me want him as a member of my site and not a victim of my site.

Old 06-11-2008, 12:56 AM   #74
Mister Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensgait
I think he headed off the beaten path and into his hole, though there is some question as to which of His Holes he was referring to.. Maybe that dark ring around his collar didn't come from sweat if ya know what I mean.
For real? I don't even KNOW you... heck, I've never even heard of you outside the BOI. Not two posts into our exchange on here, and you're already resorting to prurient remarks about my bodily orifices? Are you truly unable to engage an issue without gratuitous references to bodily orifices and toilet humor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensgait
I don't know Tom your evasiveness here leaves me with a bad taste, instead of giving real answers to the questions posed you run off..
I'm taking a page from Rich's book, as we have done hundreds of times over the years at AB... sometimes you sit back and calculate the cost of an engagement, realize the cost is too high, and pass it by, preferring to win the war. There's no evasiveness involved... in fact, this didn't involve anyone here except those who seem to continually insinuate that AB turns a blind eye. We do not. In fact this latest revelation that Marcus still hasn't been paid may well end with Jason being disallowed to sell, but it's not a knee-jerk reaction, and it's certainly not a decision that's out for public perusal. It's really very simple.

Now I'm done... or evading. Whatever will help you sleep better tonight. Just leave off with any further remarks about my orifices, I gotta be honest, it really creeps me out.

Old 06-11-2008, 01:22 AM   #75
AF Exotics
Tom,I don't think I tried to insinuate anything.I clearly stated that I believe he should've had his ability to sell on the AB suspended until the matter was resolved.No ambiguity on my part.If you were referring to others within this thread,then my bad,but the boy stole from me,and others,and was selling on the AB the very same stock he stole.

I gave him every ample chance to make good.He didn't.Some of the stock was very unique and brought in by only me at the time.Now,things have changed and others have followed suit and are importing from the same country,but it was definately my stock(this part for Randy's inquiry).

I give respect where it's due,and conduct myself the way I was taught,Treat people as you would want to be treated,if not,a quick snatch of your floating rib will remind you to respect your elders and act right(Dad wasn't very gentle).The issue is Jason,and will always be,until he makes right.

Old 06-11-2008, 02:39 AM   #76
MikeCurtin
Quote:
In fact this latest revelation that Marcus still hasn't been paid may well end with Jason being disallowed to sell, but it's not a knee-jerk reaction, and it's certainly not a decision that's out for public perusal. It's really very simple.

Now I'm done... or evading. Whatever will help you sleep better tonight.
Well, I for one will sleep better knowing that theives will not be allowed to use your site to sell the stolen property which they stole from members of your site...well at least not for any longer than six months...without facing a strong warning...or at least some consideration of being "disallowed to sell". Whew! The public at large sure dodged the bullet on that one!

Again, feel free to point out any inaccuracies in that last statement. It's late and I may be WAY off base here

Old 06-11-2008, 09:59 AM   #77
Mister Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus q
Tom,I don't think I tried to insinuate anything.I clearly stated that I believe he should've had his ability to sell on the AB suspended until the matter was resolved.No ambiguity on my part.If you were referring to others within this thread,then my bad,but the boy stole from me,and others,and was selling on the AB the very same stock he stole.

I gave him every ample chance to make good.He didn't.Some of the stock was very unique and brought in by only me at the time.Now,things have changed and others have followed suit and are importing from the same country,but it was definately my stock(this part for Randy's inquiry).

I give respect where it's due,and conduct myself the way I was taught,Treat people as you would want to be treated,if not,a quick snatch of your floating rib will remind you to respect your elders and act right(Dad wasn't very gentle).The issue is Jason,and will always be,until he makes right.
No Marcus, we have never had a problem with you... the only warning was back when the thread was escalating out of control. Honestly, it dropped off our radar after a bit of time, I think we just assumed it got taken care of... like I said, we'll re-examine everything in light of the knowledge that you still have not been paid, as that is certainly relevant and pertinent. I was referring to those who, despite making more money off of AB than I EVER will, continue to revel in taking potshots at it for whatever reason, and those who don't have a dog in the fight but want to be in on the perceived ground floor of the next scandalous BOI outing or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter_23
I think it is pretty clear. Jason is a two bit thief. I guess what kind of irks me though is that he is allowed to sell stolen stuff on another site. If proof can be provided that the stock he is selling is stolen he should be banned immediately no if and or buts about it. Personally the way Marcus has conducted himself on this thread would make me want him as a member of my site and not a victim of my site.
I agree, and we are looking back into it... honestly, the guy just doesn't sell that much, couple ads a month maybe that I've been able to find, and like I said, the relative silence around this issue seemed to imply something had been worked out. It appears it hasn't, and we're looking into it. The deal was not made THROUGH AB, so we're simply trying to determine what it means as far as allowing him to advertise with us any longer.

And finally, to everyone that feels they have 2 cents to add on this:

AB gets 5 times the foot traffic that Fauna does on a daily basis, and it is an INFORMATIONAL site, like I said. 90% of the traffic here is people trolling classifieds and the BOI... we actually have many informational forums that get the majority of our traffic. We have our hands full keeping the information forums clean, and we do not "watchdog" the classifieds/warnings forum. We will re-examine this situation and take appropriate action, that's the most I can promise. And if this still isn't good enough for you, or gives you a bad taste in your mouth with regards to AB, ask yourself how many scammers still do business HERE, and ask yourself why you continue to support THIS site, and you will have your answer as to why I still support AB.

MI out.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:53 AM   #78
ravensgait
Quote""For real? I don't even KNOW you... heck, I've never even heard of you outside the BOI. ""

That's funny I could say the same IE I have never heard of you outside the BOI until this mess came to light. Besides the Toilet humor seems to have gotten your sorry butt back here so it seems to have served its purpose. Tom, you are your site are growing a strong scent of old Tuna !! I can understand why you delete the stuff you do over there, wouldn't want the General membership to know that the staff looks to be protecting scammers now would you !! Heck if they found that out and some got scammed they might put your sorry butt in a sling..
Randy

Old 06-11-2008, 10:55 AM   #79
AF Exotics
Tom,One issue here is my silence.The infraction I received from the thread contained a pretty clear point.The phrase "You had your say" was used,then followed up with what clearly meant,shut up or face removal.The implication was to stop or get booted,so I stopped.I might need the site down the road and had to hold my tongue because I run a business,but that was a sorry position to be in,and it wasn't by choice.

Old 06-11-2008, 11:34 AM   #80
MikeCurtin
Quote:
the relative silence around this issue seemed to imply something had been worked out.
Whether it was warranted or not, when "relative silence" is the result of perceived intimidation (i.e. fear of being banned), then something had been worked out. Marcus blew the whistle on Jason, he was told to shut-up or beat it, it was brought here.

Was Jason ever given a warning? Or at least a warning that his continued illegal acts could lead to a warning?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!