Bob on Kingsnake (BAD GUY) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:24 AM   #1
jbt123
Bob on Kingsnake (BAD GUY)

I just bought a "captive bred" rubber boa from him. A yearling. And as I speak, it is being shipped via USPS.

Yes, I am livid. But what do I do to report this guy to the proper authorities? I only have his e-mail address, no phone number, and hopefully there will be a return address on the package when it arrives.

And I hope the snake arrives alive. I only assumed he would ship either FedEx or UPS, because I TOLD HIM that it gets well over 90 here at 3 in the afternoon, which is when the USPS delivery guy makes his rounds here. I also assumed that like every other person who ships live animals he would KNOW that shipping USPS is illegal.

I feel like an idiot...and I feel horrible because this snake might arrive dead...

Old 06-06-2008, 08:48 AM   #2
John E Dove
A few years ago I also purchased from this guy. He shipped to me via UPS but what I got was a pair of WC Rubber Boas. He and/or his wife has a restaurant and when I spoke with him over the phone it took a while before I was able to get across to him that I was purchasing a snake and not a gun or something else. From the conversation I got the impression he sells about anything he can get cheap and make a profit on.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:54 AM   #3
The BoidSmith
Not so long ago we discussed this topic in this

thread:http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ive+snake+USPS

Old 06-06-2008, 09:43 AM   #4
sschind
There were a couple of discusions about Bob on the garter snake website last year. I think someone posted here but with the search function limited to 4 letters or more searching for "BOB" does no good. The general concensus was that he sells WC stuff or babies born from WC females and that some of them are not in very good health. Hopefully your snake arrives fine. Unfortunately, if gas prices keep going up, shipping prices will as well and I think we will see more and more people like Bob turning to the USPS.

Here is the link to the Garter Snake Website.

http://www.thamnophis.com/

and a link to BOB

http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/gene...about-bob.html

Old 06-06-2008, 10:01 AM   #5
jbt123
Do you think that the snake will even arrive today?

Seriously, should I accept the package, THEN report it? I dunno..I think that I would get in big trouble if I did that.

I really dont want to get in trouble for this. I did nothing wrong...

Old 06-06-2008, 10:05 AM   #6
jbt123
I also believe that he is a poacher. He is from washington and he's selling a rubber boa...very fishy.

Old 06-06-2008, 10:09 AM   #7
John E Dove
I am not sure it is against the law to catch and sell in WA. Every state has their own laws in that regard. Perhaps someone with more knowledge on the subject can enlighten us?

Old 06-06-2008, 10:42 AM   #8
jbt123
My friend, who I have been contacting VIA email about this subject, has informed me that it is very illegal. He is trying to find out if this is, in fact, a washington rubber boa that I have been sold.

Old 06-06-2008, 11:20 AM   #9
jbt123
Bob Mackin is his full name.

I received the snake, it is alive. Should I post pics?

Old 06-06-2008, 11:39 AM   #10
bsharrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbt123
Bob Mackin is his full name.

I received the snake, it is alive. Should I post pics?
Yes, but not of the snake. I would post pics of the package showing that it was sent by USPS and his return address. This way he can not come here and deny what he did.

Bart

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!