Bad Guy Josh of OUTBACK REPTILES - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #81
DaveyFig
Quote:
Originally Posted by endrin View Post
OMG, can ppl plz read the WHOLE thread. 1 They ARE 2 different snakes in the pic, if you cant see the penis sticking out from the tail of the darker one then your blind. 2 THE SNAKE WAS NEVER BRED, EVER, ONCE... 3 needs to be an IQ test to be able to leave replies.. 4 I have no reason to lie, play games, screw over any FELLOW breeder, whats the point? If i had space and a female to breed him with i would keep him BUT i for damn sure do not. If they do the right thing and take him back im 100% sure they will be more than happy with the health and size the snake now is....
There are two different snakes in the picture. You say that the dark one with the penis sticking out is the one you bought. You say that Josh should be able to tell it is the same snake by the scar on it's nose. YOU figure that one out and then explain it to those of us with the low IQ.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:28 PM   #82
endrin
If my whole argument is that the female is a male and my proof is a pic, with a penis in it i would think it speaks for it self. The scar on its nose is how i believe it will be remembered, since they deal with lots of snakes.. I never said i posted anything showing it. This thread has served its purpose getting the sellers attention, Everyone who reads it knows my side.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:41 PM   #83
deborahbroadus
Quote:
If my whole argument is that the female is a male and my proof is a pic, with a penis in it i would think it speaks for it self. The scar on its nose is how i believe it will be remembered, since they deal with lots of snakes.. I never said i posted anything showing it. This thread has served its purpose getting the sellers attention, Everyone who reads it knows my side.
But..but...they are TWO DIFFERENT SNAKES!

Darn...my IQ just dropped....again.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:42 PM   #84
Snake-Queen
Quote:
OMG, can ppl plz read the WHOLE thread. 1 They ARE 2 different snakes in the pic, if you cant see the penis sticking out from the tail of the darker one then your blind. 2 THE SNAKE WAS NEVER BRED, EVER, ONCE... 3 needs to be an IQ test to be able to leave replies.. 4 I have no reason to lie, play games, screw over any FELLOW breeder, whats the point? If i had space and a female to breed him with i would keep him BUT i for damn sure do not. If they do the right thing and take him back im 100% sure they will be more than happy with the health and size the snake now is....

You made conflicting & confusing statements ... should have left out the part about the nose as you don't have a picture of the WHOLE snake.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #85
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post

You made conflicting & confusing statements ... should have left out the part about the nose as you don't have a picture of the WHOLE snake.
Not confusing to me. If they are TWO DIFFERENT SNAKES (as he let slip) and the picture with the nose is the identifying picture...then the picture of the snake with the hemes showing is a picture of another snake.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:51 PM   #86
Lucille
Quote:
This thread has served its purpose getting the sellers attention, Everyone who reads it knows my side.
You posted your side. You asked the seller to be patient, and give a refund even though it took months to determine that the snake is (allegedly) sexed incorrectly.

Many people here were (since you brought the situation to the BOI) trying to see what would be best, fair to you, and the seller, who has a rep as a good seller and looks to be trying to find an equitable solution.

Quote:
OMG, can ppl plz read the WHOLE thread. 1 They ARE 2 different snakes in the pic, if you cant see the penis sticking out from the tail of the darker one then your blind. 2 THE SNAKE WAS NEVER BRED, EVER, ONCE... 3 needs to be an IQ test to be able to leave replies...
Some may have misread, skipped over. You had the opportunity to point out what they had missed, and perhaps gain more support. Instead, you chose to leave an insulting comment.
This thread can serve more purposes than merely ringing the seller's bell.....

Old 06-19-2012, 07:09 PM   #87
radera5
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
That's quite a long timeframe...for having a breeding male and then wanting a full refund.

I recall this discussion came up some time ago, too. I was among those who was less "forgiving" if someone kept a breeding male for that long (even if they claim not to have sexed or failed attempted breedings). I would not give a full refund in this case because of the length of time involved and the fact that the snake changed hands a couple of times.

But that's just me.
The snake changing hands has NOTHING to do with the SEX of said snake. That is the only issue here. No illness, nothing that time would effect.

I also do not agree that it matters how long he had the snake. He wanted a female. So even when the OP and the OP's friend tried to breed it, it would be non sense to think they got anything from it. They would have put the snake in with a male. Male X Male= nothing. Nothing gained from this. As much as we all would like any problems to be found right away, it doesn't change the fact that the seller mis sexed the snake.

I do want to just say again that I have nothing against Outback Reptiles. I believe they are good people and will take care of this.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:11 PM   #88
bullies&balls
LOL Deb, he said it earlier. Your CSI skills are really fallen. You keep harpin on keeping a breeding male, when he states he already has a bredding male and purchased it as a FEMALE. Really easy to put blame on buyer for NOT sexing in timely manner, but as a BREEDER BUSINESS not sexing it correctly JUMPS out more to me. So now are we going to expect any newbies to sex all their animals in hrs or days after arrival and if they do not STIFF them on it. Imagine all the chaos on newbies mis-sexing the new arrivals. I have seen the same pack rip BIG BREEDERS over mites, who responded to the question the same day more then this, when several attempts go unanswered.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:11 PM   #89
radera5
Quote:
ummmm...That's not going to help you

Old 06-19-2012, 07:22 PM   #90
DaveyFig
Quote:
Originally Posted by radera5 View Post
. As much as we all would like any problems to be found right away, it doesn't change the fact that the seller mis sexed the snake.
We don't know that the snake is the wrong sex based on the minimal proof. Yes, hemipenis means male. I get that. We all agree. We have one tiny picture of two snakes, and we are supposed to know that it is the snake that he was sent that has the hemipenis. Apparently Josh was supposed to know it was the same snake by the scar on the nose. I would bet that Josh could not tell us if that was the same snake that was sent, going by just that picture. When there is a picture of a snake with a scarred nose and some form of gender identification, perhaps everyone will be satisfied.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!