Tesla Cybertruck? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 12-07-2019, 03:48 PM   #1
WebSlave
Tesla Cybertruck?

When I first saw a picture of this, I thought it had to be some kind of joke. And I checked the calendar thinking it HAD to be April 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7AiTDF7--k

Old 12-09-2019, 02:52 PM   #2
JColt
Tesla has 4 really nice electric cars. I test drove one and that thing can beat a race car off the line. I think it is 0 to 60 in 2.7 sec. They have a roadster type one that does it in 1.8! It get's 325 miles per charge and I must say I was very impressed. Depending on how much energy company charges per kw it is much cheaper than a gallon of gas. My SUV cost's me about $35 to fill and get about 335 miles out of it. One guy on youtube has watt meter and figured with his kw cost it takes about $18 per full charge.

The Cyber Truck is such a joke looks wise. No reason for it to be so ultra futuristic looking. They should have stuck to basic truck look with some fancy add on's to it. There is no way I'd consider buying it the way it looks.

Old 12-09-2019, 02:56 PM   #3
JColt
1.9 for roadster and can go 250 mph! Get's 620 on a full charge. Probably not getting that much if going 0 to 60 in 1.9 or driving 250 mph though, lol.
Little pricey at $250.000
https://www.tesla.com/roadster

Model X is one I tested

https://www.tesla.com/modelx

Old 12-09-2019, 05:47 PM   #4
WebSlave
Hmm, about the charging aspect of these EVs, I can't say I have looked into it much (not much chance someone will ever talk me into replacing a gas powered vehicle with electric), but I did glance at this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMBdpXGwVlY

What happens if your cell phone battery is dead? Or if you don't have the time available needed to charge the car up? Think emergency run to the hospital, sort of thing.

Personally, I don't think this electric vehicle thing is quite there yet. Regardless of whether it is as ugly as the CyberTruck or not.

Old 12-09-2019, 06:30 PM   #5
JColt
If you use quick charging stations you can get 120 miles worth in 5 minutes. At home with 220 lines I think it charges at 31 miles per hour charging at home.

The testlas have built in screen and will pop up nearest charging locations automatically when you start getting low or you can manually search on screen

Right now they are for tech minded users with money. Large corporations are buying also.

Quick charging stations are being built quickly in every state. Right now there are enough to go coast to coast if you plan your trip. Another 2 years it should be as easy as finding gas station now.

I was an early adopter of battery lawn equipment and the strides between 5 years ago and now is phenomenal. I can mow, trim, edge and blow with 1 to 2 batteries depending on spring or summer. With demand mizer I estimate it costs me around 22 cents in electric a week. I also have battery snow blower. I did around 4 inches of very wet snow , driveway and my sidewalk and both neighbors sidewalks and aprons on one battery.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!