Installing flooring is a young persons game. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 06-02-2020, 01:33 PM   #1
Randall Turner
Installing flooring is a young persons game.

Decided to do a little home improvement stuff and install some flooring in our living room. (nothing fancy, just a decent laminate)... Well combine my beat up fat body, with a 60+ year old house and you end up having a 1 1/2 day project end up taking 3 days. I will never do that again lol. I will hire someone next time if I feel like something should be done to this extent. I'll stick to painting decks, cleaning gutters etc.

Old 06-02-2020, 07:42 PM   #2
WebSlave
EVERYTHING involving physical labor is a young person's game, it seems.

Our latest project is working on the shooting "range" gazebo. I broke out my new trencher and dug a trench around the base of the gazebo, then set fencing into the trench and nailed it to the base. Doesn't sound like much, but took half a day, and both Connie and I are just chock full of aches and pains now. I know at one point manhandling that trencher that the old heart was just beating up a storm in my chest.

Not stopping there. Putting up screen so I can shoot out there without being at the mercy of how ferocious the skeeters or yellow flies are at any given time. We just did one of the eight sides today, where I found out that having an angle drill that is battery powered would have been extremely helpful putting up the tracks. I have a right angle attachment for a drill, but that is just plain awkward to use. Never put up screening before, so this was a learning experience. Matter of fact, I commented to Connie when we were walking out to do this that we should have done all such projects like this 20 years ago when we were more physically capable. Of course, she mentions that we were just too busy with the SerpenCo business at that time. Which is true.

Supposed to rain the next few days, so that gives me some time to order the angle drill and get it in here before we continue with the screening. I do have to admit that the one section we did looks pretty decent for never having done that before.

Old 07-19-2020, 10:55 AM   #3
KaanGawp
That is why I always hire professionals for that, that is too much of a work for me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!