Showing off the first L. williamsi hatchling - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-12-2010, 12:02 AM   #1
WingedWolf
Showing off the first L. williamsi hatchling

2 of these miniscule little creatures hatched out--and they're just as bold as their parents. They're not afraid of me one bit, which makes me wonder how on earth these little creatures survive in the wild, lol.

They didn't care for this Mason jar cage, so now they're in a ZooMed 12X12 cube, fully planted and landscaped, with all the potential holes plugged with pieces of fiberglass screen.

Getting them to move into their new habitat was interesting, as they didn't want to go. I actually had to shove them with my finger--and they resisted, lol. You would think that a giant finger big enough to squish them nudging them along would be scary, but apparently not.

Old 05-12-2010, 02:25 AM   #2
HyderHouseHerps
I'd love to know how they do. I had 2 hatch out last year but lost them both. I'm not sure what happened but I think they weren't eating? Or maybe something else was wrong. I'm hoping for better luck this year.

Old 05-12-2010, 09:08 PM   #3
WingedWolf
Here's one of them in the new cube.

What were you feeding yours?

Old 05-12-2010, 11:57 PM   #4
HyderHouseHerps
mine mostly eat repashy per day gecko instructions, and they also get phoenix worms sometimes. I hadn't had those very long though, and I now have a different male. The babies I had last year did eat repashy and baby food although it didn't seem like they ate very much. My adults sit at the food bowl a while.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:45 PM   #5
gwookkim
i have 7 of those williamsi geckos. and i was wondering... what would you do if they got those red mites. im not sure what kind of mites they are, but they look like red granules of sand.

thanks for any information!

Old 06-25-2010, 12:16 AM   #6
HyderHouseHerps
I had one with a mite and I used relief spray (made for reptiles) and it is safe to use directly on the animal not just the cage. Haven't seen any since then.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!