Witblits dragons - true patternless beardies - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-07-2010, 09:55 PM   #21
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder79 View Post
they first popped up in the early 2000s Josh is a originator of the line here in the states and im sure they were well over a grand though i dont remember their prices. The originals of the line, however, were severely deformed and had extremely high infantile death rates.
Thats what i was looking for. SO a TRANSLUCENT dragon that was produced 6-10 years ago went for over $1000 dollars and the gene was so weak you had what a 50 50 of that animals surviving? AND that animal was that much money back in that time era. A price on a witblit today(only using that as an example) Retail is 2800 to 3200 for a brand new morph thats healthy and thrives. and you can be the first to make a witblits leatherback etc.... (still only using the witblits as an example) And market them for yourself.

Thank you sir, just the info i needed to make my point, on some on these animals and there prices

Old 02-07-2010, 09:55 PM   #22
chris allen
When I got out in late 03, I don't recall having ever seen a translucent for sale.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:56 PM   #23
spyder79
yeah i was never questioning their prices i question what is neccessary to reproduce them. At this point they basically have to be direct line inbred and that is my biggest issue with these dragons.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:58 PM   #24
spyder79
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris allen View Post
When I got out in late 03, I don't recall having ever seen a translucent for sale.
they werent yet widely available at that point that is just when they popped up in the UK. I think it was in 05 that they became publicly available. that im not totally sure on though.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:02 PM   #25
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder79 View Post
they werent yet widely available at that point that is just when they popped up in the UK. I think it was in 05 that they became publicly available. that im not totally sure on though.
ok like i thought then it was like 4 yrs ago. but your also comparing the weakest known gene to a brand new gene that we know nothing about. the witblits are new and dont need to be crossed out several times to be healthy, there good to go. So thats alot better of a start than the translucents.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:04 PM   #26
chris allen
So my question is this...if translucents were a brand new morph it 05 and they brought 1k, what makes a witblits worth 4-5k? Both recessive, both new, both really unknown at those price points, and in my opinion back then there was probably overall a better market for beardeds?

Old 02-07-2010, 10:05 PM   #27
spyder79
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonluver83 View Post
ok like i thought then it was like 4 yrs ago. but your also comparing the weakest known gene to a brand new gene that we know nothing about. the witblits are new and dont need to be crossed out several times to be healthy, there good to go. So thats alot better of a start than the translucents.
is it honestly? They are still going to have to inbreed the line to reproduce them as its not a dominant trait. You will have to breed a witblit to another witblit or a witblit sibling to reproduce the line. Uneless jaquis has purchased a silverback from japan to cross into their line to be able to add different blood. Considering this has never been said i doubt it has happened. Until shown otherwise it is of my opinion this animal, to be continued, will have to be continuously line bred (possibly skipping a generation each time) to produce it consistantly. Eventually it will be bred out enough to get past any inbreeding issues but at the beginning of the morph there are going to be a ton of un-neccessary health defects that can not be avoided when inbreeding a line.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:07 PM   #28
spyder79
Quote:
So my question is this...if translucents were a brand new morph it 05 and they brought 1k, what makes a witblits worth 4-5k? Both recessive, both new, both really unknown at those price points, and in my opinion back then there was probably overall a better market for beardeds?
i cant quote an exact price as i do not know it. I was never interested in purchasing them so i never kept up with the prices. But in all honesty the price is set by the founders and this person feels their dragons are worth 4k so that is where they set their price.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:23 PM   #29
dragonluver83
Quote:
Never said they weren't alittle pricey. But that gene isnt on the edge of living and dying. This isnt a translucent dragon. Do you remember what a translucent looked like back in the day??? I think these animals look better than a "modern day translucent."
Why should hypo translucent leatherbacks go for $2000 - $2400 but a brand new morph with potential gets cut short??? and the dragons are what 4 G's. but thats with import/export. Whats that run i heard any where from 800 to 1200. so really that 4 thousand dollar animal is actually 3 grand and thats only 1000-600 more than a hypo trans leatherback. That has been on the market for a year now. Remember i am going off of "retail value". So there is an argument in any case. Is the animal over priced, yea maybe. by alot, i dont think so.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:26 PM   #30
spyder79
actually those prices are not including the import/export fee of 1200 dollars.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!