problem breeder - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-28-2007, 09:30 PM   #1
Captotterboy
problem breeder

Hello everyone,
I have a problem with one of my female leos. Shes nice and plump. She has a nice fat tail. Shes about 65-69 grams. She is the most docile gecko in the tank. but...... she wont breed. The other two females in the tank have both laid several clutches of nice eggs, but this female has never had eggs. I keep the male in a separate tank and introduce him to the female tank on a breeding routine (overnight every few days), so the fat female (as i have come to call her) cannot be so used to the male that she is uninterested in him (because theoretically all the other females would be also). I would hate to have her be sterile because she is an APTOR het red eye.

HELLLLLLLLP!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks,
Jeff

Old 06-28-2007, 11:13 PM   #2
Stephies_Leos
Why not leave the male in there all the time?? Oh yeah and try giving them some wine ...... always puts me in the mood! lol Could also be that she needs a more aggressive male and the other 2 females don't. She can certainly avoid the male for one night so I would try leaving him in there for several days up to a week at a time.
Just a suggestion !

Old 06-28-2007, 11:15 PM   #3
Stephies_Leos
Another thought is she may be on a different breeding cycle ..... she may be an offseason breeder.

Old 06-29-2007, 09:30 AM   #4
Captotterboy
Yeah, i tried a chocolate covered pinkiemouse, candlelight, flowers, and some of that body sprey stuff... but still nothing. Like an ex-girlfriend of mine.....
Speaking of off season, i know that females have a breeding season. Do males?

Thanks for the help
Jeff

Old 06-29-2007, 10:38 AM   #5
KelliH
Maybe she has not developed egg folicles yet. If a female is not ready and developing follicles, she will not become gravid.

Old 06-29-2007, 01:25 PM   #6
Stephies_Leos
I believe the males are good to go anytime!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!