Brian Layell (gecko8695@yahoo.com) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-09-2003, 12:17 PM   #1
hummi22689
Warning! Brian Layell (gecko8695@yahoo.com)

Anyone know of him or ever dealt with him?

Old 01-09-2003, 09:11 PM   #2
lil_sweetpea
Brian Layell

He owns one of the local pet shops in the area. I Have purchased several animals from him. He has helped sell some of my animals.
Have had several business dealings with him and all have gone through without a hitch. I dont think him to be the type person that would get a bad guy post. In the past he has owed me money and I have owed him money but we both settle our debts. He has alot of wild exotics and is big into hots. Over all I would consider Brian to be a "good guy" and think him to be a good person.

Old 01-24-2003, 10:48 PM   #3
hummi22689
Exclamation Brian Layell is not Gecko8695@yahoo.com

After a long, continuing ordeal with Brian Layell, I have learned that gecko8695@yahoo.com is not Brian Layell. Gecko8695 is a go between for Brian. I suggest that anyone who chooses to deal with Brian Layell ask to e-mail him directly to avoid the situation I am dealing with right now. More details about it will be posted once I get in touch with Brian directly to figure out who is at fault for the problems I am having. I don't want to point any fingers until I find out myself what is going on.

Sydney Alcorn

Old 01-25-2003, 11:47 AM   #4
cka
He (or his middle man) contacted me about a pair of ball pythons I had listed. He said he didn't have any colubrids but was trading for some. He also was upfront about his age (14). Not that the age is a (big) problem, I just was hesitant to deal with him due to the fact that he was "getting some" snakes from a friend. No good/bad guy, more a "???" guy from my viewpoint...ps also I never like dealing with someone who emails with one name and returns with an answer from another name (1st email was from gecko8695, the rest were from abcd efg...raised the red flag for me)...peace...

Old 01-25-2003, 01:08 PM   #5
animaladventure
Hi! I am brian Layell and would like set things straight. I own a pet store in Bristol VA. have had it open going on 3 yrs. I answered a ad about some one wanting a female tegu and I have one so I contacted the and we started talking and he found out that I owned a pet store and wanted to know if I had anything for trade I told him I had some boas. So later own I got some e-mails with peaple wanting to trade for my baby boas. so I made the deals. Well I had two deals from IN. and I got them mixed up and only sent one person thier stuff but when this was brought to my attention I sent the second one out which was suppose to be 8 baby boas but I only had 2 left so I sent them 2 boas and a tangerine honduran milk snake for the trouble and told the that I would send the other 6 boas as soon as I got them
in. So I just got the boas in and it has been extremly cold like at night time in single digit so I have not shipped yet because I sent some to IN. and it was not this could and the guy said that he had trouble with them so when it warms up I am resendig his. So nobody is trying to rip anybody off or anything and nobody is a go between because if any body has e-mailed me dir. I have given my name,address and phone # to them. And if any one has questions I can be reached at 276-466-5444 I am there mon-fri
from 8:30 am till 8:30 pm and are address is
2703 Lee Hwy
Brostol VA 24202
the name of my store is Animal Adventures.
I just want everyone to know that I am not trying to rip no one off and that I will send what needs to be sent as soon as it warms up and I sent the people e-mails telling them that

Brian Layell

Old 01-25-2003, 05:59 PM   #6
cka
Ok then, who is the 14 year old using gecko8695@yahoo.com? Hummi22689, the poster requesting the info, has Brian Layell/ gecko8695@yahoo.com as his request for info...Brian, you have a fourteen year old son/relative/helper?...maybe passing himself of as you?...seems to be a little confusion here...

Old 01-25-2003, 06:01 PM   #7
cka
whoops, misread Sydneys post saying that he had found out Brian and gecko8695 weren't the same person...my bad

Old 01-25-2003, 10:12 PM   #8
hummi22689
gecko8695

Maybe this post should be geared more toward gecko8695.The reason I thought he was brian layell is because I responded to a post on turtle times about trading geckos for uros. I had some uros I was interested in trading, so I e-mailed gecko8695. After a few e-mails back and forth, we ended up trading for solomon island grond boas instead. I kept asking for his name and # and shipping info. All he would give me was the Animal Adventures name and the address for it. I still asked for name and #, and he gave me the first name of Brian, and asked if I wanted his shop # or home #. He finally gave me the info. That is when I posted my origianl inquiry about him, which later became them. I got the one reply that said they knew him personally and he was a good guy, and I thought that there would be no problem since he owned a business. Gecko8695 was quick to answer e-mails until after I told him I had shipped. Then it would be days before I would hear from him. We had agreed that he would ship the day he recieved my stuff. That was a Wed. I talked to Brian on the phone that Saturday, and he said he ran out of heat packs, and would be shipping Monday.The package arrived on Wednesday, and had 2 of 8 ground boas and a hondo milk snake. When I e-mailed gecko8695, who I still thought was Brian, I got 2 different replies to it. One was OMG, sorry. The other was sorry, I ran out of ground boas, so I sent you the hondo instead and I will ship other boas tomorrow, which would have been this past Wednesday. After some looking around, I found a post made by gecko8695 and a reply made by animal_adventures, which completely threw me off. No one had ever once mentioned that gecko8695 was not Brian, so I thought the whole time I had been dealing with Brian directly. Now Brian has e-mailed me from his e-mail address, and I believe we have worked everything out. I am not blaming Brain for all of this, because I had made the deal with gecko8695 for something that Brian had. I just don't understand why gecko8695 is making all the deals for Brian.
I would use extreme caution in dealing with gecko8695, because he is making himself out to be Brian Layell, and making deals he cannot complete. Right now gecko8695 has 1.2 red ackies advertised for sale. If he is 14, where did he get the $$ for them, and would you send a 14 year old that type of money? If he rips you off, he is a minor, not really much you can do.

All in all, this is a warning post about whoever gecko8695 is, not Brian Layell. Brian cannot ship things that someone else promises, if he doesn't even have it to ship.

Sydney Alcorn

Old 02-01-2003, 04:39 PM   #9
hummi22689
After weeks of waiting, I have decided to let everyone know about the dealings I have had with Brian Layell. I originally shipped my stuff to him on January 6. It is now Feb. 1, and I still have not recieved the rest of his end. I was supposed to get 8 solomon island ground boas. He did ship 2 of the boas and a hondo milk to me, which I recieved on January 17. I e-mailed him, and finally he told me he had ran out of the ground boas, but would ship the rest of them when he got some more in. I guess he got some more in, because he was going to ship this past Monday, but didn't get around to it. Then he was going to ship Tuesday, but yet again, he didn't get to it. Tuesday night he sent me an e-mail saying he was sorry and he would be shipping Wednesday for sure, and gave me a tracking #. Guess what, invalid tracking # and nothing was ever delivered. I have e-mailed him several times, but no response. I have given him my #, since he will not return my calls, and he will not call me. And, to top it all, the milk died after 10 days. So, anyone who is planning to deal with gecko8695 or Brian Layell, think about it. I was dealing with Brian Layell, but the deal was made through gecko8695. I ended up with 2 ground boas and a dead milk snake, on top of the anger.

Old 02-03-2003, 12:25 AM   #10
bgscofield6
I have also done business with Brian Layell. I was the other guy from Indiana he said he did a deal with. He agreed to send me 8 soloman island ground boas. Instead, he sent me 9. It was below freezing out, he sent them next day, but before 5pm, not before noon like I shipped my animals to him. They arrived at about 4:15pm, and it was well below freezing at that time. There were no heatpacks in the box, which I had asked him to do, and he said he would. All 9 snakes were frozen together in a little ball inside a deli cup. I placed them under a heat lamp, and waited to see what would happen. 7 of the 9 eventually started moving, so I was excited that at least 7 made it through the trip. 3 more died that night, so thats 4 left. 2 died the next day. 2 left. 1 died 2 days later, and the other died the next day. We sent several emails back and forth, and he was blaming it all on me, and saying that I was calling him a liar. He then said he would send me some more as soon as it got warmer, he also said that he had over 100 left. So, I don't know how he ran out of them and could only ship two of them. I'll let you all know more as soon as he ships me some more. I just don't understand how he couldn't believe me when I told him the condition that they came in. Even the 7 that survived initially rarely moved, and couldn't even be force fed. They had no energy to do anything. They couldn't even swim when put in water, they just sunk to the bottom.

Hope this helps anybody.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!