SAVE YOUR CASH info - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-07-2003, 09:02 AM   #1
jim0602
SAVE YOUR CASH info

well this will not go over well with most of you.not 1 person that i have contacted on this sit has been willing to do it so i have passed on the purchases.unless you are very well known the only way i will buy from you is C.O.D..i have purchased form many people on this site that are known and have never been ripped off.but if i ask a person to ship c.o.d. and they say no it throws a flag up for me.yes it doe's dealy your money for around 10 days but you do get it.this method is more a protection for the buyer.it doe's cost the buyer more in shipping cost but is worth it to me. i can open the package,if it's dead , not what i ordered,not all of what i ordered,or anything else i can refuse it.now it is sent back to the shipper who now has to pay shipping twice.the sellers are alot more likely to get it right and not mis-represent there product this way.with all the rip-offs,cons,thieves,crooks, and idiots that are out and about right now in my opinion other than going and picking it up this is the only safe way to do business at this time.other than staying with the big names and paying big name prices (which i have done myself).in doing it this way you may lose out on a few good deals but one big rip off out weighs all the other good deals you got.

Old 02-07-2003, 09:09 AM   #2
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
People won't do COD for the very reasons you listed. The seller would lose a lot of money if you turned into a problem customer or where just a troll looking to make trouble.

Old 02-07-2003, 09:26 AM   #3
jim0602
IF turned into the problem customer yes i can see a problem there also..but all we ever hear about are the problem sellers out there.i do sell and ship c.o.d. no problem when i need to.i personaly have never had 1 order refused.

Old 02-07-2003, 09:30 AM   #4
Neil Gubitz
You're just a problem waiting to happen!.... Obviously, you will NEVER purchase ANYTHING from me.... I would NEVER accept a COD, for just the reasons you state.... not only that, but, you're not ALLOWED to open up the package until it is PAID for!.... COD means "Cash on DELIVERY".... NOT INSPECTION!.... good luck finding ANY reputable dealer who will allow COD.... they're OUT OF THEIR MINDS if they do!!

And, of course.... you're obviously too scared to put your name down.... Isn't it nice and safe behind your computer?....
You're the type of buyer I would AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!

Enjoy your buying philosophy.... you certainly WON'T be enjoying any animals....

....Neil

Old 02-07-2003, 09:41 AM   #5
dwedeking
On dry goods it's not that big of a deal but the seller would still be out the cost of shipping and also out the stock for the time it takes to travel to your location. Not a risk I would necessarily assume on a first time purchase but also not the end of the world if it went bad. I've done this for customers that we deal with on a consistent basis.

Animal sales. I wouldn't ship COD. All the risk is on the animal. You refuse and there is a good chance the animal can die.

A company that cares about it's reputation takes a large gamble with every purchase. Did the customer ask the right questions? Do they really have the experience they say they had when they were hungry to buy that rare animal? Are they color blind (figuratively not literally)? How many of us have eaten $5, $10, $50 on a deal to help satisfy the customer on the other end? Now you want to add to that risk AND have us sit on receivables for 2 weeks. I am assuming you'll want the seller to pick up the extra charges on COD too??

Part of the reason many people take the time and effort required to build a reputation is so that people will be comfortable buying form them (and this is magnified by online sales). That work pays off in dividends when you are not assuming risks like outlined above or sitting on receivables for long periods of time.

Old 02-07-2003, 09:45 AM   #6
jim0602
neil as i stated i would pre pay from reputabel dealers..not from the unknowns.and no i would not buy from you.not because of bad rep or bad animals or anything but because i personaly find your prices to high for what i will pay.which if yo can get it than get all you can.and as far as opening the packags,i get 1-3 in per week and open every one of them.delta,usps,airborne,it dosen't matter i open them .as far as reputabel dealers,i have several i place orders with weekly and all come in cod.as far as my name it doe's not have to be here but anyone can go to profiles and i think but not sure that all my info is in there.

Old 02-07-2003, 09:48 AM   #7
jim0602
daniel once again reputabel dealers fine rerely a problem.if one has a great reputation then pay up.i am talking the un-knowns(kinda like me on the net).and also i made it very clear that there is more shipping expense to the buyer.

Old 02-07-2003, 09:51 AM   #8
Pennebaker
Actually, your full name does have to appear here or your posts will be deleted.
I do not know of anyone in this business that sends live animals COD. I agree with Daniel--it is dangerous for both the seller and the animal.
If you want to ok someone's reputation before buying from them, you can come on here and do a search/inquiry.
Dana

Old 02-07-2003, 09:51 AM   #9
ksshane
C.O.D. ??? Why would you even mess with it? Im looking at this from a buyers perspective. Because (for the most part) that is what I do.

Like Neil said "you're not ALLOWED to open up the package until it is PAID for".
What are you going to do? Give the driver your money, and then after open the package, and find something wrong are you going to go chase down the ups guy?
I have been pretty lucky so far, and havent had to deal with a bad purchase (knock on wood). But it just seems to me that it is hard enough to get your money back if something goes wrong. If you pay by C.O.D. all some dead beat has to say is that you saw it before you paid for it.

Just my .02

ps.
Shouldnt this be under General Business Discussions
instead of the BOI?

Shane Elliott

Old 02-07-2003, 09:56 AM   #10
Rob @ RK Reptiles
jim0602,

Since you are not a brand new person to the Board you should know about the Full name Rule for posting. On the c.o.d. thing. It is a large risk on live animals that is unacceptable to many/most dealers. I am sorry but I care more about my animals than I do the money. I am not about to send a package of my animals c.o.d. where the person might not even show up to pick it up becuase they have changed their minds, not have the cash at the time, might write a check (that might bounce). My customers know that when they recieve the animals if it is not the correct animal or sick/ill they get taken care of (even thought it does not happen from me). If a customer wants to purchase an animal they pay for it, I ship it, they receive it, they are happy with it, and there we go. I for one have worked very hard to establish my reputatiion in the Reptile community so that customers can trust me. If you think you are going to find a dealer that will ship c.o.d. good luck. If you do, be glad as there are almost noen out there that will do so. Also in your post you stated
Quote:
and as far as opening the packags,i get 1-3 in per week and open every one of them.delta,usps,airborne,it dosen't matter i open them
If the carriers are allowing you to open the package before you have paid for it then they and you are breaking their company policies.
Also you state
Quote:
as far as my name it doe's not have to be here but anyone can go to profiles and i think but not sure that all my info is in there.
That proves that you have no clue to what your talking about. The TOS require that a FULL NAME be posted on your thread on the BOI in order for the thread tonot be deleted. The classifieds do not require it but the BOI does. Maybe you should go read the TOS again and this time read it a little closer and make sure you pay attention and comprehend what it says.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!