Bad Guy scammers aqui4no - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-17-2018, 11:23 AM   #71
Black Adder
Unfortunately by the circumstances and responses from both sides so far, my gut feeling is that no ackie was ever shipped and the buyer has been stiffed.
That being likely he should start a PayPal claim right away, stating all circumstances so far.

Old 09-17-2018, 11:23 AM   #72
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqui4no View Post
And post documents of my car accident? That has nothing to do with what’s going on Chris.
It seems like one of the BOI reasons given for late reptile shipments/broken agreements/nonpayment is an automobile accident followed by hospitalization resulting in the subsequent transaction problem.
Please, drive carefully.

Old 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM   #73
roughryder194
As you can see from the email I sent you with the pics there is no sign of escape and I also found it odd that the sender didn't call FedEx right away I called FedEx immediately and was told the sender has to call

Old 09-17-2018, 11:28 AM   #74
Black Adder
FedEx does not like to deal with anybody bar the person who set up the shipment and paid for it, that is true.
At this stage I would go direct to PayPal, unless you paid by friends and family which i hope not

Old 09-17-2018, 11:35 AM   #75
roughryder194
Well fortunately American Express will credit my account and do there own investigation I just hope no one deals with this shady guy if anyone has an adult female red ackie for sale please contact me

Old 09-17-2018, 12:54 PM   #76
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by roughryder194 View Post
As you can see from the email I sent you with the pics there is no sign of escape and I also found it odd that the sender didn't call FedEx right away I called FedEx immediately and was told the sender has to call
That is because as far as FedEx is concerned, the shipper, who actually paid their shipping fee to them, is really their customer, not the receiving party.

You can certainly complain to FedEx about HOW, WHEN, or WHERE something was delivered to your address, but concerning the actual package contents itself, I'm sure that will be strictly between yourself and the shipper. FedEx, as far as they are concerned, did what they were paid to do.

The problem, as I see it, is that neither side, so far, has provided any actual proof of their side of the story.

IMHO.

Old 09-17-2018, 10:27 PM   #77
tlmoon
Do we know if the seller PERSONALLY packed and shipped the animal? It sounds like his wife/gf (?) was responding to texts after he had the car accident and she was going to be the person to ship it. I'm not saying that "Simone" didn't send it....but is there any chance the seller had a buddy send it? A less than reliable buddy maybe?

It just seems like a scam that would never work, shipping an empty box, especially if you take a payment backed up by Amex (who will probably support their customer). A person who cooked that up would likely be more on the defensive right away, and maybe have some kind of story ready. And would have wanted payment that couldn't be taken back by the buyer easily. Whoever was getting the texts seemed honestly surprised when told the box was empty.

It just doesn't seem to make sense for the seller or buyer to do this. Odd situation and really hard to tell what happened.

Old 09-18-2018, 01:36 AM   #78
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmoon View Post
It just seems like a scam that would never work, shipping an empty box,
I'm not saying it is a scam, however, we have seen this scenario play out before:
1. Shipping empty boxes
2. Shipping rocks
3. Shipping substitute/less valuable animals

Not all scams are thought out very well, often times they evolve over time. Back in the day, I personally was shipped a $50 ball python instead of the $1,000 one I paid for. That attempted scam wasn't going to last very long either and my scammer played just as dumb too.

Old 09-18-2018, 01:42 AM   #79
Robert Walker
If a girlfriend/wife botched the shipping by mistake, well that means there is one extra ackie still sitting in its cage back in Omaha right now.

Old 09-18-2018, 02:16 AM   #80
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
If a girlfriend/wife botched the shipping by mistake, well that means there is one extra ackie still sitting in its cage back in Omaha right now.
I would suggest she register here. I would suggest that he show documents I mentiined earlier (thanx Lucille for the reminder). I would suggest both af them come on here and utilize this forum the what it is intended. The truth shall set...somebody...free.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!