Inquiry Laura Fopiano and Bryon Adzic....can I finally get paid the money you owe me? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-11-2010, 05:55 PM   #11
Miss Tuniwha
You're welcome Bry.. I hope to soon see that you, Lolo and Bob have all come to some sort of solution.

Old 09-11-2010, 06:08 PM   #12
deborahbroadus
but after 3 years, many broken promises, emails telling me that checks were sent only to never show up, ignored emails etc etc, I am still out close to $1500 for the animals you bought in June of 2007!!!!

Bryon, thanks for simplifying the issue. It makes it easier that you do admit the debt is owed. How soon can he expect payment? Three years is a LONG time.

Old 09-11-2010, 06:57 PM   #13
Laura Fopiano
Yes Tom, we purchased a half litter, the mother, and a first litter off spring,, same mother different sire.

We have had more than our share of health problems and financial problems and we more than dropped the ball of this.

It will be fixed, we will make this right and yes I have all of the emails and pms between Bob and I. At this time I do not see the point in posting them as I am not denying our extreme inability to rub 2 nickles together.

Bob has been more than patient with us and I would like to thank him for that.

Old 09-11-2010, 07:22 PM   #14
Fedawg
Nice double standard Deborah. All other threads i observe your relentless persecution towards other people and sheer lack of all mercy for actions or things said that were not half as bad as anything that has gone on here. Shellibear , and a few other threads and then harassing me in the chat room for something you "thought"
I said on facebook......

Old 09-11-2010, 08:55 PM   #15
lanceheads
Boy, this is a perfect example of the pot calling the keetle black!
For years, Laura and Byron relished calling out deadbeats, now we see that for all of their chest-thumping, calling people out,etc,...... they are the dead-beats!
Sad ending for these two on the BOI.

Randal Berry

Old 09-11-2010, 09:24 PM   #16
David Reid
Why not just return the animals?

Dave

Old 09-11-2010, 09:31 PM   #17
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reid View Post
Why not just return the animals?

Dave
And be out the money and possible accumulated interest owed all this time?

Randal Berry

Old 09-11-2010, 09:59 PM   #18
BryonsBoas
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads View Post
For years, Laura and Byron relished calling out deadbeats, now we see that for all of their chest-thumping, calling people out,etc,...... they are the dead-beats!

Randal Berry
Tell ya what.. I'll forget I said I won't post the last 3 years just for you.

The day the boas came in I arranged with work to pick them, get them home and drive to the job site and 4 hours after clocking in I'm fired for ripping my knees on the job, that was June12, 2007. Took a week to find out there was no insurance so off to the attorney I go. I would like to point out again I did contact Bob and offer to send everything back on our dime.

3 + years later I'm still fighting for medical care & back pay.

We are now ( 2007 ) a single income couple relying on $2.35 hr + tips from being a server. Anybody who has been a server knows there are good days & bad days. Our only saving grace was back child support Laura was getting and it wasn't much. That dried up by the end of 2007 I believe.

In May of 2008 Laura goes in for a full hysterectomy. What was supposed to be a simple laproscopic (sp) procedure that put her off her feet for 3 weeks turned into Laura bleeding to death on the recovery table from a vein spasm that loosened the vein clip. I saw Laura go into surgery at 7:15 am, I saw Laura again at 6:30pm in ICU , surgery prepped and unconscious. For almost 10 hours I waited to find out if I had the woman I love to eventually take home or dead body to send back to her family. The doctor was kind enough to list me as her Common Law Husband so I could sign the paperwork needed to save her life instead of waiting the hours to fax it to her family and wait for it to be faxed back. On top of that I had the lovely job of calling her mother in Cali to let her know her daughter was bleeding to death on the table.

She spent a week in the hospital with me by her side except for the couple hours a day I came home to contact family friends for updates and look in on the critters. Then another 2 months at home off her feet until cleared by her doctor. That 2 months was covered by the $180 she manged to squirrel away in prep for the surgery and money we borrowed from friends & family, which wasn't very much.

Her work schedule was cut while she got her feet back under her and stayed cut back for quite some time. Not easy to play catch on next to nothing after having no income for 9 weeks.

The following year Laura had to have shoulder surgery. She was kind enough to not try dying on the table this time but was still out of work for 6 weeks. Her schedule was cut again while her shoulder built back up and there was no catching up. Her car tag was due and the car insurance had to be renewed. Money wasn't there to either so by the end of Dec. her car was a ticket waiting to happen.

She gets pulled over in Jan. and the cop decides instead of informing her that in Georgia its illegal to carry prescription meds in anything other than the prescription bottles she was now a felon under arrest. The pill caddy she has used for years had her in handcuffs for a felony charge until my dad talked the officer out of it. The car was impounded and a couple grand later the tag was renewed, insurance renewed and car out of impound. It took a week to prove to the officer it was prescription meds and he still pushed for an arrest warrant. After showing her med bottles to every officer in the PD the Chief finally squashed it. That couple grand was borrowed. Imagine that since we were broke. On top of that, her fines equaled $1600+ bucks that had to be paid on a waitress income.

In August I report for yet another court date with Child Support Enforcement who decided that since I couldn't afford the $350 fee to see my doctor monthly, the $1600 needed for my MRIs or the thousands needed for my surgeries I was a dead beat and refused to to pay so spent 54 days in jail. This is after I sign the waivers allowing them full access to my attorney's files & medical records. Pretty sure it wasn't easy on Laura since it took her a couple hours to find out why I disappeared after she dropped me off.

By November 2009, i was released finally but in Oct. CSE is trying to put me in jail again. I picked up a 1 day a week cash job and half my money is going to child support. In April CSE decided it wasn't enough. From Nov to April I worked from being a 1 day a week dishwasher to 30 hours a week as a cook. I went as close to full time as I could get in April and CSE decided every penny I made would be enough to keep me out of jail until my payment started coming out of my check. For over 2 months Every dime I made kept me out of jail.

I'm still not full time and my schedule varies from 3-4 days a week and it takes 25 hours to cover child support & taxes. A 4 day week is 32 hours .... do the math 32 x $7.50. I get maybe 40% of what I make a week. In order to even work requires an Ace compression bandage on 1 ankle, a back support belt and compression sleeves under knee braces. Most of my time off is spent with heat pads and ice packs to ease the pain. Life sucks like that but it keeps me out jail.

Until Nov of 2009 we survived ( for lack of a better word ) on $2.35 an hour + tips. A few animal sales covered Laura's fine, kept her car from being repo'd ( again ) and kept her fed while I was in jail. Before you ask, she worked 2 days a week at that time.

In the last 3 years we've been thru more hell than many couples deal with in 20 or so years together. Somewhere in the mix Laura's car was repo'd and that was $1200 borrowed to get back. I had to borrow $650 the first year to pay child support to stay out of jail then. My license has been suspended by CSE for going on a year now so that does absolute wonders for finding a job. 2 jobs I was more than qualified for I couldn't even apply for since both required a driver's license.

So kiss my ass Randy. Tap my karma, rant rave ... whatever. I think Scalaro is missing his lap puppy.

After my first post I sent Bob a message via Facebook. We have never denied we owe Bob money but neither have we hid or ignored him either. He had Laura's e-mail, my e-mail, had our phone number at one point and on my friend's list on facebook. I've even commented on his FB posts.

Yes we could have stayed in better contact.
Yes we could have done a great many things different.
Life sucks, life continues to suck and this is the topping on the cake. We honestly weren't expecting my Workman's Comp case to drag out over 3 years but it is. We weren't expecting things to stay crappy for over 3 years but it did. Bob isn't the only person we owe money to. It has been taking awhile to deal with what we can but things are being dealt with.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:29 PM   #19
MikeCurtin
I debated on posting, but decided to let fly....good, bad, or indifferent.

It was obviously necessary that this be brought here, as Bob has yet to be paid. As we have seen, Laura and Bryon do not dispute this. As for turning this into a multi page thread jumping on them for being deadbeats, I'd consider that a bad idea. If it can be shown that they are acquiring new animals on credit, or amassing further debt that cannot be paid, sure, but Bob isn't trying to rake them over the coals, and I don't think we should etiher. Unless it can be shown that Bob is not being paid for a reason other than their inability due to some very hard times, I think this thread should serve the purpose of informing others of the debt, and nothing more.

As for the referring to Laura and Bryon as deadbeats, I hope those who are doing so don't fall on hard times themselves. In my book, a deadbeat does not tactfully apologize and acknowledge a debt when called out on a public forum.

Laura and Bryon....you are in my prayers, and I hope you and Bob can work things out. I'm sure I don't have to tell you, but at this point, you really need to make Bob a priority and send him every extra few bucks you can manage.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:39 PM   #20
Griz
Bite me Randal. I specifically did not do this as a bad guy thread as I don't believe either are bad guys. I consider them friends....friends who happened to be having a hard time. The reason I posted was simply to bring this to a end. Bryon is right that I've had their contact info but I did not feel as though I should have to initiate the contact.

With that said, we are working on a resolution and I'm confident we'll get this taken care of. I cannot take animals back as I got out of animals several years ago.

Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads View Post

Randal Berry

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!