early cut..... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-05-2012, 05:11 PM   #1
nickyp0
early cut.....

o.k. i know i mite get hell for this, but i felt like there was no other choice, the story goes. i had a clutch that was at 30 days and looked like they were drying out all dimpled and looked liked raisins. i have tried everything at that point, wet paper towel, covering them with wet vermiculite, adding more water to the bedding. nothing was working they kept getting worse. after alot of reading and a hard decision, i cut them open on day 40. the shell was like a wafer and it was hard and brittle. inside the egg was this white embryo that was almost dry, i added some bottled water to the inside of the egg that was incubator temp. and i have been making sure that there was no infection and made sure they did not dry out. i have to say it was really kool to watch them get color and grow. as you guys can see it has worked. would i say that you should do the same thing i would say no. and as you guys can see from the pics it has worked better then i have expected.

Old 07-05-2012, 05:24 PM   #2
dumje
They need to be in a container to lower the loss of water from the eggs...I learned that early on...my 1st year producing i put them in an open container in my incubator and it was a battle the entire time of incubation...lost a few too dehydration....then I watched a video on RDR site and I saw what he did and I did something similair the following season and no more problems...

Old 07-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #3
pythonpaintjobs
Good luck! I have a feeling the snake in the last pic bottom left will not make it though. Keep us updated!

Old 07-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
nickyp0
that guy is is fine as of now, he was just being a goof ball. once they have all come out of the eggs i will post an update pics but as far as i see it they are all looking good.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #5
Focal
The eggs don't look bad at all but I'm glad they made it.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:08 PM   #6
nickyp0
first one out

Old 07-05-2012, 11:24 PM   #7
garweft
I did that once.... ok, twice.

The first time I simply counted the days wrong. The second time was a situation like yours where they were way to dry so I did it to hydrate them to keep the yolk from hardening.

The biggest thing to watch out for is carrion fly maggots. Pain in the butt to get them all out. I'd of course never recommend it and do whatever you can to address drying issues early.

The first clutch it happened to went fine and everyone was good. The second one I lost 3 of the 5 due to the yolks hardening (I was too late). The 2 that did make it were extremely small and needed to be babied along for months.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:37 AM   #8
nickyp0
second to come out

Old 07-06-2012, 09:33 PM   #9
nickyp0
third one out

Old 07-06-2012, 09:43 PM   #10
Double B Reptiles
Really neat to see that they are coming out fine. Congrats Nick!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!