The BOI will be coming to an end on 02-02-2020 - Page 34 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-03-2020, 11:01 AM   #331
Dyscophus antongilii
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Yep. BOI is gone. Wish it were otherwise, but people going elsewhere and abandoning their participation and support here had unavoidable consequences.
Thank you, for the information. I greatly appreciate it. Have the headaches/migraines improved, at least?

Old 02-03-2020, 01:14 PM   #332
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyscophus antongilii View Post
Thank you, for the information. I greatly appreciate it. Have the headaches/migraines improved, at least?
Too soon to tell.

Thanks.

Old 02-03-2020, 08:53 PM   #333
Bill Lamoro
Facebook is no longer viable to sell animals on. Most people will have to post nice pictures and information about the animals but cannot indicate in any way they are for sale. They can always check ads.

Old 02-04-2020, 12:05 AM   #334
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lamoro View Post
Facebook is no longer viable to sell animals on. Most people will have to post nice pictures and information about the animals but cannot indicate in any way they are for sale. They can always check ads.
There will always be places on the web for people to sell their animals. The trick is finding a place that gets enough traffic so they can get enough eyes on their ads to have a fighting chance to actually sell them.

I suppose that those people who threw all of their eggs into the Facebook basket got quite a surprise when the rug got pulled out from underneath them. And then when they tried to go back to some places they used before to sell, some no longer existed. You all need to give such places a reason and the ability to keep on paying the bills. Otherwise one day the owners, with just a click of a button, just finds something better to do with their time.

Old 02-05-2020, 09:49 PM   #335
Bill Lamoro
I am a contributing member. How do I post and alert in the BOI?

Old 02-05-2020, 09:53 PM   #336
Socratic Monologue
Quote:
It is after 2/2/20. You don't.

Old 02-05-2020, 09:56 PM   #337
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:

The BOI is history as of 3 days ago 2/02/20

R.I.P.

Old 02-06-2020, 12:31 PM   #338
WebSlave
For those who might have missed my earlier statement concerning the now closed Board of Inquiry:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Sorry, but I will not entertain any requests from anyone to do any research for information they are seeking that might be contained there.

Old 03-27-2020, 03:50 PM   #339
barker109
I actually checked the BOI when I was more active online. I would be willing to pay for the information on a monthly bases. I wish more people would help out. It's a shame.

Old 03-27-2020, 04:31 PM   #340
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by barker109 View Post
I actually checked the BOI when I was more active online. I would be willing to pay for the information on a monthly bases. I wish more people would help out. It's a shame.
Without the interactive nature of peer review, comment, and support, I doubt that would be of much use to most people. The strength of the BOI used to be exactly because of the broad support it used to have. When that support went away, so did the power for it to help people. To now open it up to a very small subset of members would pretty much be useless, IMHO. And the older the information contained within it got every day, would become more and more "ancient history" anyway.

At several points along the way while the deadline was approaching, I had considered leaving it open to contributing members, but I kept on coming back to the argument I presented above, and decided against it for that reason. Well that, and the fact that liability for frivolous lawsuits would still remain. Yeah, it would be an archive, but of little value to most people, and negative value for me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!