PAYPAL IS HORRIBLE - dont use paypal - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:10 PM   #1
AlamoAgama
PAYPAL IS HORRIBLE - dont use paypal

PAYPAL IS PURE EVIL

so, the other day, i sent 100$ , first 100 out of 350 i owe her.

i check my paypal account soon after i send 100$ and i see that the 100$ was taken out twice, 30 seconds apart. though i did not double click the button or click the back button.

i checked my email. i had only ONE email notification for a payment from paypal.

i sent her a text message asking if she had 1 payment or 200$. i got no reply (not uncommon for me to not get a reply)

the next day paypal pulls 200$ out of my account instead of 100. thats when i called paypal and explaned it was an unauthorized payment. they "issued a refund" and she said it would take 24 hours untill it reflected my account.

today it did not reflect my account, so i called again. they put me on hold for a while then returned to the line saying that they reversed the payment.

i immediately got a call from the woman, asking why paypal reversed the 100$. i explained to her why. she was very angry because it left her in the negative on her paypal account, which would deduct from her bank account to make up the difference.

she thought i sent 200 instead of 100, since she uses paypal like a bank account she already had used the 200 thinking i just paid her more.

obviously paypal is dangerous, being able to pull money or put money as it pleases with out verification or authorizations or confirmations. linking my account directly to her bank account and pulling money directly from there with out notice to her. its like having a car payment that is not on auto pay, but will pull out when ever it feels like....

so now, i have to wait for the 100 to come back to me threw paypal, (3-5 days) then i have to move it to my bank acount (3-5 days) so by late next week i should finally have 100 back in my account and now she's negative on her account....

this is NOT the first time i have had issues with paypal.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:24 PM   #2
Focal
Paypal is something we've become so dependant upon that I think we are stuck with it for life. It's like herpes, you just gotta deal with it lol.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:39 PM   #3
hhmoore
There aren't a lot of options for people that want the option of immediate electronic payment. I believe Google Checkout has reversed their stance on transactions involving live animals, but I haven't been in contact with them in some time - PayPal has the name recognition and is much more commonly used by consumers....and one doesn't have to actually HAVE a PayPal account to pay that way, which is a definite plus when you're trying to make a payment to secure an animal.
For payment plans, IMO, it is a matter of convenience for the buyer; and not of much benefit to the seller (who is already waiting for money). The buyer might as well send a check for all but the last payment. Besides, if the payment plan is stretching more than 45 days, The initial payment(s) are as good as lost if anything goes wrong. The buyer can't file a claim against it outside of that time frame.

Old 11-19-2010, 02:19 PM   #4
KelliH
I've been using Pay Pal for many years and have made hundreds of transactions. I've never had a single problem with them. I love Pay Pal and my Pay Pal debit card. :-)

Old 11-19-2010, 02:32 PM   #5
MDC_Ophiuchus
I've never had a paypal account. And I always find it funny how everytime I think maybe I need to get with the program and consider creating one, a thread like this one pops up.

No thanks. More power to anyone who has yet to have an issue with Paypal, but I'll keep with the old school way for now. I just don't the idea of a middle party handling the money.

If buyers aren't willing to mail me a check or money order, I suppose they don't want what I'm selling that bad.

Old 11-19-2010, 02:43 PM   #6
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDC_Ophiuchus View Post
I've never had a paypal account. And I always find it funny how everytime I think maybe I need to get with the program and consider creating one, a thread like this one pops up.

No thanks. More power to anyone who has yet to have an issue with Paypal, but I'll keep with the old school way for now. I just don't the idea of a middle party handling the money.

If buyers aren't willing to mail me a check or money order, I suppose they don't want what I'm selling that bad.
When you are a business, it changes things a little bit. Pay Pal is no different than going through a third party company to accept credit card payments, which most legitimate businesses do now.

Old 11-19-2010, 03:19 PM   #7
westsidedragons
I use a prepay credit card I put the exact amount on the card and that is it. Never had a problem so far.

Old 11-19-2010, 03:19 PM   #8
goReptiles
I've never had problems with PayPal. It's a great system, that I use all the time.

Old 11-19-2010, 04:24 PM   #9
AlamoAgama
my bank can transfer money to any ones account electronically, eliminating the need for paypal. but then you have to give out personal account and routing information to be able to recieve funds.

bank checks and cashier checks and money orders are great, but if your sending it to a seller, and the seller is waiting, and the buyer doesnt actually send it, and says they did. well then thats a can of worms right there.

electronic is the best way to keep track and best way to provide proof of everything. instant notification and insurence that your purchase is instant and wont go to any one else .

lets say 3 people want a reptile. and i only can send money order. i have to spend a little while going around town to get money order, go to post office, send it certified and contact seller with tracking information. then they have to wait a few days to get it. where as the other 2 people have paypal and money transfer is instantly visible. seller wont prob choose me unless i give him darn good reason to wait.

payment plans are only good if you have been in contact with your buyer for a while. i only do payment plans with those who are renown and i trust, and those people have known me and seen me around long enough to know i'm not going to disappear.

paypal is at mercy to computers. and we all know computers have issues. i sent a payment. didnt click the button twice. but who knows what my internet connection did. maybe it failed and attempted 2nd try. but then again i didnt get a 2nd email confirming the 2nd transaction that night.

paypal will protect you. but it cant do it in a timely manor. the magic number is 3-5 business days.

Old 11-20-2010, 01:16 PM   #10
Melinda
I've also used paypal with very few problems. But when things go bad, they usually go really bad.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!