Heavy parasite load found in ball python from Ed Clark - Page 53 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-24-2007, 03:35 PM   #521
Dr Owens
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
That capability has been in vBulletin for years. Sort of a global ignore feature. Not very useful, in my opinion. Most trolls will have multiple logons, and will notice pretty quickly when their posts aren't showing up under one persona. So they simply abandon the logon that is being "ghosted". You've seen the difficulties here with just trying to ban someone. Well, this has the same exact problem attached to it. So I've never bothered to use it here.
I understand what you're saying, but you have to admit...at least a few of them would be too stupid to figure it out...and THAT would entertaining (at least for whoever could see the invisible posts).

Another thing to consider is that globally ignoring someone isn't as obvious to the person who is on ignore as a ban would be. The idea being that if we ban someone they know it right away, and may try to come back under a different name. If they are on global ignore, it might take them a lot longer to realize what is happening, so it might actually lower the incidence of someone creating another user account in order to bypass a ban. Just a thought.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:33 PM   #522
BallPythonGal21
But now that it's in this thread and alot of people saw it... maybe not a good idea.

Monica Wilkoski

Old 09-24-2007, 04:59 PM   #523
Dr Owens
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallPythonGal21
But now that it's in this thread and alot of people saw it... maybe not a good idea.
It wouldn't be as much fun in no one knew. Laughing at idiots isn't as enjoyable if there's no one to laugh with.

And there's certainly no shortage of them around here lately...

Old 09-24-2007, 07:10 PM   #524
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Owens
It wouldn't be as much fun in no one knew. Laughing at idiots isn't as enjoyable if there's no one to laugh with.

And there's certainly no shortage of them around here lately...
But how would anyone KNOW that was what was taking place? For all intents and purposes, to everyone else it would just look like that person stopped posting completely. So the "fun" factor would have a VERY limited audience.

Old 09-24-2007, 10:14 PM   #525
ExoticsExpress
Are all members and people on the site supposed to include their full name in the posts on the boi? Just wondering..

Take care!

Anthony Allis
ExoticsExpress@aol.com

Old 09-24-2007, 11:39 PM   #526
hhmoore
Psst - Rich...you think he's talking about you??

Old 09-24-2007, 11:50 PM   #527
Dr Owens
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
But how would anyone KNOW that was what was taking place? For all intents and purposes, to everyone else it would just look like that person stopped posting completely. So the "fun" factor would have a VERY limited audience.
True, but think how much fun you'd have getting to laugh at the clowns on a daily basis.

Then again...it could just result in daily annoyance...with only a few of us having to sift through the idiotic ramblings of fools...and considering how annoying I find stupidity, perhaps upon futher consideration, I'm not so keen on this idea afterall.

Bud and Bruce, I guess that people are going to have to read your inane drivel for a little while longer.

Old 09-25-2007, 01:58 AM   #528
JudyC
Wow, Ed. Should I fall down in awe of your mighty prowess with the neg-rep/karma button? The courage you show in negging folks without even signing your name or leaving a comment about WHY they might have deserved a hit.....it's just breathtaking. Most especially in light of the fact that you don't dare actually address any of the issues on the table. You won't post in this thread...but you'll try to slip in some negative karma, under the guise of anonymity, to anyone who dares speak out against what you are apparently doing.

What? How do I know it was Ed? Just a wild guess. (Ok...not so wild a guess. ) But, I'm willing to risk being publicly proven wrong just so I can take this moment to express how ......impressive.....I think your actions are.

Old 09-25-2007, 03:29 AM   #529
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExoticsExpress
Are all members and people on the site supposed to include their full name in the posts on the boi? Just wondering..

Take care!

Anthony Allis
ExoticsExpress@aol.com
As long as your real name is On the left hand side under your screen name, that is fine to use.

Some people use it as their signature as well. Either way is fine for posting in the BOI.

Old 09-25-2007, 07:02 AM   #530
ExoticsExpress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
As long as your real name is On the left hand side under your screen name, that is fine to use.

Some people use it as their signature as well. Either way is fine for posting in the BOI.
Thanks, im not trying to start any drama or make anything drift way off topic/sling mud, it's just I didn't see Webslave's name anywhere and he warned me for not inlcuding my full name anywhere? Like I said, I am not trying to toss stones at anyone it just puzzles me since the rule I believe came from him to include full name somewhere in all posts on the BOI on his site, and I can't seem to find his anywhere.

Anthony Allis
ExoticsExpress@aol.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!