Nosy be Blue Panthers, Concerned - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-16-2006, 03:10 PM   #1
Desah
Nosy be Blue Panthers, Concerned

hello
I'm rather new to Chameleons, but not to reptiles. i have two Nosy Be blue panthers, and i'm concernd about them, well one in particular, i'll put the pictures up and you can decide.

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/8414/dscf0251ji8.jpg

thats Sky, i was told when i got her that she infact was a girl

http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?i...scf0255pz8.jpg

and this is Zeus, i was told he wa a boy.

i'm concernd about him, well his colour and the fact he isn't that strong, more or less weak, any suggestions or comments, they get proper heating lighting, feeding and so on.

thanks
- Mike

Old 10-17-2006, 11:37 PM   #2
Desah
please guys any comments?

Old 10-18-2006, 12:37 AM   #3
Dave W.
Howdy Mike,

I puzzled over what to say when I read your post. The first photo didn't seem to me to be female Nosy Be' colors but I really haven't paid that much attention to the early colorations of that locale as much as I should, especially since I have a male that I raised from 3 months to 2+ years old . He never showed colors like either of yours but that shouldn't mean much coming from me... You could have convinced me that the 2nd photo was the female... How about a photo of the tail base of each to see which one is packing hemipenes? Your concern about health is valid. Sometimes it's the small signs that let us humans spot big problems early.

Photos of your setup and data to describe your "proper heating lighting, feeding and so on" will help get the conversation started with the rest of the group. Usually something will trigger some better ideas than what I've presented. Don't forget brand names of everything regarding lighting and supplements along with dosages, times etc...

Old 10-19-2006, 07:35 AM   #4
Will Hayward
Both of those are Female, 100% positive.
A fair mestake for a breeder if they were sold when young.

I can visibly see that the one in the second photo is likely weakend by her stance and posturing. Keep the warm misting up, while you provide details and photos of the enclosure.

Old 10-21-2006, 02:54 PM   #5
Chameleon Company
You got two ladies !

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!