Terri Sommella Fire and Ice Dragons -- Nightmare - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-20-2004, 04:39 PM   #81
salito718
Quote:
Originally posted by matt pittman
Hey salito I did not say to spend $500 blindly , I spent $250 and got to know her over a few hours over the phone,(which is rare for a breeded such as herself)and told her to surprise me, and I will never go anywhere else with my buisness. You call me insane salito 718 but you dont seem like to much of a mental giant yourself. And as for the question about legal issues , It is not important how I know ,what will that change. All that is important, is that it is known.

with love
Matt Pittman

mental giant? anyways

i can tell you this much dude. the reason she is renigging on her
garantee is because she will never find another person to pay 500 dollars for one of her dragons. she pulled a fast one period.

Old 11-20-2004, 04:48 PM   #82
CheriS
3 post and all on this thread... almost looks like someone asked him to come here and defend them

Matt, its nice you are happy with what you purchase, at what you paid.. that's what it should be about for you

But others are not, and got ripped off. They bought something, based on what they were told, including the experience of the breeder, lines, genetics, etc. They find out that is not so, the reptile is having problems and in a timely manner request a refund AS PER THE GUARANTEE... and are denied.

Someone is only as good as their word and in this industry that means a lot, when it is evident their word is no good or false, others should know about that and be warned so someone else does not get taken in by the same gimmick.

There is nothing wrong with being a breeder for only 2 years, but there is when you lie to people and claim it is 15 to make sales.

Nothing wrong with selling a dragon by any color phase you want to make up... you can call 'em Einstein dragons if you think they are so smart.... but there is when you misrepresent yourself as a developer over generations of a color phase or line... when in actually you bought it 2-3 years ago and just renamed it. Your stealing from the person who did work had to breed that line.

AND, baby dragons do stress when in new environments, but experienced breeder can lessen that problem with how they handle raising those dragons and prepping for shipping.... when some request a refund as per your policy for whatever reason, and you renege, then change the policy on your site to cover it up...... well, all the above have a name for someone like that

Old 11-20-2004, 05:05 PM   #83
matt pittman
Cheri s., I very much agree with your above post, you are very well spoken and respectable, you have already earned my respect. I just hate to see someone like terri's name be butchered because of a negative story that someone posted on this site, I could post anything I wanted to on this site , maybe out of frustration, hatred ,or jealousy, who knows. but I guarantee about 90 percent of these people would take it to the heart and believe it. I really respect Terri and her biz. I just hate to hear that. All im trying to get across is dont just jump on every negative thing you hear, thats all, these people are like the press, twisting and contorting everything they hear. I hope she is not a liar like you say she is. That would be a big slap in the face.

matt pittman

Old 11-20-2004, 05:35 PM   #84
jmkhet
Thanks for all the love Matt glad you feel that way....but you can give it to Terry she seems to need it more than i. Josh McDermott

Old 11-20-2004, 05:59 PM   #85
CheriS
Matt,

This thread has been opened for over a month for her to state her side. Even a post from her that said "I am addressing this and there other factors involved, we are concerned when someone is not satisfied, but there are other things going on" or "our attorney advised us not to discuss this.....anything...but left unresponed to, all anyone can think is this person got ripped off. Combine that with the other things she states that are not true.... personal conversations with her in Daytona about her plans, etc......put yourself in another position... that you never bought from her and were happy with your purchase... then read this, what would you think?

She has not been honest to people, she has made up her years of experience, claimed generations of breeding a line that is someone else's work and failed to honor a guarantee. That's is not someone that has integrity, honesty or a good reputation.... even if they claim it and others believe it when they do.

I am very glad you are happy with yours, and I am sure the dragon is glad the owner they got cares for them like that....but this is not about that. Its about someone's verasity in an industry that too many come up with get rich schemes, abuse and walk on others to get that, its called greed.

Sometimes even when in the right, as a reputable breeder, you need to go the extra steps to keep harmony and put the needs of the animal first. I have even refunded full purchase price and paid shipping back when someone's circumstances changed a month or more after the sale and it was not in the dragons best interest to stay with them.

Too often people get into this industry for the wrong reason, or forget why they got involved with reptiles to begin with. Watch a child's face when he handles his first reptile... then we remember, and you know, that joy is worth more than any dollars

Old 11-20-2004, 06:29 PM   #86
Lucille
Cheri

That is an eloquent post you just wrote. You do sound like a wonderful, caring breeder.

I do not know why Terri stopped corresponding with me, and I do wish she would show up and say something. I got involved in the first place because I think it is only fair for anyone accused of misdealings to have notice and an opportunity to be heard.

I think some good did come of all this- your posts showing your feelings and beliefs. It benefits the whole reptile industry each time someone comes on a public board and reiterates the kind of philosophy you have.

Lucille Hollander

Old 11-20-2004, 06:47 PM   #87
Rockford
Yep!!

Quote:
Originally posted by lucille
Cheri

That is an eloquent post you just wrote. You do sound like a wonderful, caring breeder.

I do not know why Terri stopped corresponding with me, and I do wish she would show up and say something. I got involved in the first place because I think it is only fair for anyone accused of misdealings to have notice and an opportunity to be heard.

I think some good did come of all this- your posts showing your feelings and beliefs. It benefits the whole reptile industry each time someone comes on a public board and reiterates the kind of philosophy you have.

Lucille Hollander
I couldn't agree more. There are plenty good ones out there. But it's a shame not everyone shares Cheri's beliefs.

Like I said before, If you are going to have a guarantee you really should stick by your word. It says alot about someone that can bite the bullet on a $500 animal. And it's not really biting the bullet either. Im sure it didn't cost her that much to produce the little bugger. At the very least 90% profit.

There is a saying.."What come around goes around". She may not get it, but she will eventually.

Bthacker

Old 11-22-2004, 01:31 AM   #88
Paperkid
Payment method?

How did you pay the $500.00? If you used a credit card then I would contact them and see if you are still covered by their buyers protection. I have had to use them before and unlike Paypals one month cover a credit card can have a six month cover. Even if you did use a credit card but used it through Paypal you can still give you credit card company a call and start the legal action against this business. Paypal has it written on their site that doing something like this might limit your use of Paypal, but they never do if the transaction was with you credit card company through them.

David Gaithe
Razorback Exotics

Quote:
The mind is it's own place and in itself can make a Heaven of Hell a Hell of Heaven.
Attached Images

Old 11-24-2004, 12:01 AM   #89
CheriS
Jonathan,

You might want to check her guarantee on her website, she has changed it again.

There are also addtitonal directions for buyers using the voice mail and directions after the sale. I think you should store all these changes coming right now, with what is going on with you and some others.

Also, I need your email to send you the communication info on the person who's dragon did not survive after it arrive from them.

Remember, all guarantees and changes are recorded in archived, at the URL I posted back on page 8 or 9 should you need them in the future

Old 12-07-2004, 07:36 PM   #90
jnewsome26
'nother update,

The dispute is proceeding apace. Thanks a lot Cheri for your help, and to the folks who've shown support, or just listened to what I had to say. To those who doubt me, I fully understand, and you raise some salient points. But, I stand by my words and, I believe have demonstrated a willingness to go on record, elaborate on, and own up to my words. That in and of itself says a lot.

Jonathan Newsome

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!