Bad Guy Ed Clark, again - Page 14 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:24 AM   #131
kmurphy
Glad everything was resolved but I was wondering throughout reading this as to how experienced this Vet was in probing balls. Not the easiest snake to probe IMO. Before the OP gets "another" male she may want to get a second opinion.

Old 01-21-2010, 06:13 PM   #132
spyder79
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy View Post
Glad everything was resolved but I was wondering throughout reading this as to how experienced this Vet was in probing balls. Not the easiest snake to probe IMO. Before the OP gets "another" male she may want to get a second opinion.
This fact was brought up to the OP and we were told that the vet knew what he was doing and sexed it correctly. I know as well as anyone else that noone is infalliable and that vets can and often do make mistakes but i left it alone.

Old 06-07-2010, 12:58 PM   #133
rusticreptiles
Just wanted to update. I hate to bump this up to the top of the list, but...
after giving Ed multiple times to keep his word and ship the replacement snake that he publicly promised, he is now ignoring my emails.

I contacted him in April (4/5) when we had a warm spell of 80 degrees all week. He said he had been meaning to contact me to get this taken care of and that he would like to wait a few more weeks just to be sure the weather was okay and he would get back to me, (Again - weather for the whole week was beautiful, but didn't want to push it).
So I waited expecting to hear from him. I sent another email requesting we get this taken care of and arrange a shipping date on 5/20. No reply. I sent another on the 24th and 29th.
The one on the 29th I stated that I would give him until the 5th of June, before I posted on here letting everyone know that he did not keep his word. I also contacted him via the form on kingsnake last night hoping that maybe it is a computer glitch (as he stated the last time it seemed that he was ignoring my emails), and that he would receive the email from them. So far nothing. So to recap - Ed Clark in my opinion deserves his bad guy rep, and again I wish I had known of the BOI before I bought!

P.S. Spyder79 the snake IS female, I've had her sexed mulitple times by different breeders since the vet visit.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:39 PM   #134
rusticreptiles
Whoops. NICOLE BELVAL

Old 06-07-2010, 08:31 PM   #135
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticreptiles View Post
Just wanted to update. I hate to bump this up to the top of the list, but...
after giving Ed multiple times to keep his word and ship the replacement snake that he publicly promised, he is now ignoring my emails.

I contacted him in April (4/5) when we had a warm spell of 80 degrees all week. He said he had been meaning to contact me to get this taken care of and that he would like to wait a few more weeks just to be sure the weather was okay and he would get back to me, (Again - weather for the whole week was beautiful, but didn't want to push it).
So I waited expecting to hear from him. I sent another email requesting we get this taken care of and arrange a shipping date on 5/20. No reply. I sent another on the 24th and 29th.
The one on the 29th I stated that I would give him until the 5th of June, before I posted on here letting everyone know that he did not keep his word. I also contacted him via the form on kingsnake last night hoping that maybe it is a computer glitch (as he stated the last time it seemed that he was ignoring my emails), and that he would receive the email from them. So far nothing. So to recap - Ed Clark in my opinion deserves his bad guy rep, and again I wish I had known of the BOI before I bought!

P.S. Spyder79 the snake IS female, I've had her sexed mulitple times by different breeders since the vet visit.
It appears ed's sabbatical from here hasn't achieved the desired self-reflection one would hope he would have used this time for as he appears to be displaying the same lack of business ethics he always shown. Surprising? No, not really.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:50 AM   #136
SERPENTS DEN
Here's a 2006 photo of Ed, maybe you'll catch up with him at a reptile show.
Attached Images

Old 06-08-2010, 01:11 AM   #137
dturner100
I'm a bit confused about the confusion. Males probe deep, and females don't. Why is it being said that ball pythons are difficult to probe?

I've probed around 150 corns, and balls since January and haven't missed one. I'd hope a vet would get it right.

Old 06-08-2010, 01:54 AM   #138
rana888
Ed Clark is one of my prefered sellers

I have purchased everything from frogs to snakes from Ed Clark and he always has provided me with excellent, robust animals in a very timely fashion. He never makes excuses, he just does what he promises. I think the origin of this thread represented an unfortunate event, but it in no way is, in my opinion, reflective of the level of outstanding service I have received from Ed Clark. Thanks. Steve Fluty

Old 06-08-2010, 01:56 AM   #139
aleria
Seriously? We still have these random first time posters coming out of the woodworks attempting to defend him? Ridiculous.

Old 06-08-2010, 02:02 AM   #140
tinmantribe5
I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by dturner100 View Post
I'm a bit confused about the confusion. Males probe deep, and females don't. Why is it being said that ball pythons are difficult to probe?

I've probed around 150 corns, and balls since January and haven't missed one. I'd hope a vet would get it right.
I agree I love to probe once you get good at it its very accurate!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ed clark, fat frog