New green iguana - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-04-2006, 02:28 AM   #11
WildWayz
Here's another photo of Pixel

Old 08-04-2006, 02:48 AM   #12
varnyard
Awesome James!!

Old 08-04-2006, 03:25 AM   #13
WildWayz
Thanks

He's a lovely little man Just want to make sure he is happy. How can you tell if he is settling in? He's a lovely green colour so I think he isnt stressed... when getting him out of his vivarium, he used to try tail whipping me. Now he opens his mouth and "jerks" at me. Once I show him I am not going to go away, he lets me pick him up (but he struggles a bit so I hold him above my head to settle him before holding him against my chest/shoulder).

He also lets us hand feed him - which is awesome

Would this indicate he is settling in? He always wants to come out of his vivarium to be with us and is pretty active (walks around the sofa - interracts with the cats ie lets them sniff him then he whips them) and loves climbing up my back onto my head

I guess I just worry cos I want to give him the best - he's had a rough time with people buying him then returning him because they cannot cope with his size etc.

Still don't know if I should give him the entire 10ft x 7ft room or make a 9'L x 3'W x 7'H enclosure in the room for him...
What do you think he would prefer?

James

Old 08-04-2006, 03:50 PM   #14
number1steakfan
He seems like hes settling in, i would say the enclosure if dont right just because of heating and humidity.

Old 08-04-2006, 03:53 PM   #15
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by number1steakfan
He seems like hes settling in, i would say the enclosure if dont right just because of heating and humidity.
I would tend to agree.

I think he is doing great. With time he should settle in nicely.

Old 08-04-2006, 04:13 PM   #16
number1steakfan
how long is pixel stl

Old 08-05-2006, 05:18 AM   #17
WildWayz
Last night was a breakthrough
I got him out and he was a little restless - or eager to come out. I put him down on a chair in his room so I could get a better hold of him and he ran off the chair, into the bathroom, skidded on the floor then ran back out and down the stairs
Managed to catch up and he was mega "cuddly" so I put him on the living room sofa under a lamp.

He couldnt sit still! Ran all over the sofa, climbed the door (god they can climb anything!) - even climbed the pole of the long floor light!
He was totally active and really came alive.

I think he's made excellent progress considering we have only been together 4 days!

James

Old 08-05-2006, 05:18 AM   #18
WildWayz
Quote:
Originally Posted by number1steakfan
how long is pixel stl
Full length, he is just over 2ft long from snout to tail.

James

Old 08-05-2006, 11:05 AM   #19
varnyard
Sounds active now, lol.

Old 08-05-2006, 11:35 AM   #20
WildWayz
Just measured him... he is actually 3ft long!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!