Mike Shoemaker - Rebel Dragons BAD GUY - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-07-2007, 03:23 PM   #41
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus
We don't have a lot of time. If someone that we all trust would set up a contribution Paypal account, post the email here, (I have seen it done) and be in charge of distributing the money to the bilked people...we could get started now, and I can contribute a bit too.
Contributions could be made up to December 23, giving the moderator of the account a day to distribute the monies (if i got this right) and if there was anything left that could be donated to a herp society and the account closed.

Old 12-07-2007, 03:25 PM   #42
addsdad
Good deal Kristi. I hope you and your family have a great holiday.

Seth Haussler

Old 12-07-2007, 03:27 PM   #43
oinkette
Cheryl, Thanks so much! That's so sweet of you.
I just checked out account and they refunded the whole thing, shipping too. This is truly a Blessing! I'll keep you posted on the others.
Blessings to all of you!
Kristi

Old 12-07-2007, 03:27 PM   #44
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
You need to be careful about that. Any money would have to be a "Gift" or it could effect their chances in court. I also rather suspect it would let Mike off the hook for complete financial restitution. I want to see these families have a Merry Christmas as much as anyone~ but your going to want to be very careful.

Anyone seen Mike lately? It says he's not been online since just after Thanksgiving. Someone with his Phone # call him. I don't have his number~ he called me a few times a couple years ago when I had the Breast Cancer scare and he was having a cancer scare at the same time~ but I don't have much patience for "Drama" and I guess he got the idea that I wouldn't sit and listen to it so he stopped calling me.

Old 12-07-2007, 03:29 PM   #45
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Well Good!!!
I hope the others get their money too!
And tell me if you find a good LEGITIMATE deal on a PS3~ I need one for my boy too! (He's not excited about snakes~ he knows if I gave him a snake as a gift.....it would really be for me!)

Old 12-07-2007, 03:35 PM   #46
Lucille
This is just an idea, but I know paypal/ebay have these deals where they hold money in trust for some auctions, could those people who lost their playstations who do not receive their money back give their permission and then paypal administer this? There is no harm asking.

Old 12-07-2007, 03:35 PM   #47
DThomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
You need to be careful about that. Any money would have to be a "Gift" or it could effect their chances in court. I also rather suspect it would let Mike off the hook for complete financial restitution. I want to see these families have a Merry Christmas as much as anyone~ but your going to want to be very careful.
There's no worry there. He can still be prosecuted here in AZ even if the victims received donations to cover their losses.

Old 12-07-2007, 03:36 PM   #48
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by oinkette
I just checked out account and they refunded the whole thing, shipping too. This is truly a Blessing! I'll keep you posted on the others.
Blessings to all of you!
Kristi
Great to hear! Happy Holidays!

Old 12-07-2007, 03:39 PM   #49
LadyOhh
Goodness.. I'm glad some people are getting their money back from this scumbag.

If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

Old 12-07-2007, 03:39 PM   #50
redsox-fan
Hi everyone!

This message is particularly for Tere who was kind enough to forward me the link for this thread! THANK YOU! I haven't read all the messages, but I did see that Kristi got her money back from PayPal! I am one of the other lucky winners who got stuck in Mike's PS3 scheme! How pitiful to do this at Christmas time! And Kristi, thanks for sending the link to PayPal. I will be calling them shortly, too!

And as far as the rest of you who have contributed to this post...you sound like wonderful people! Thank you!

Marianna

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!