Terri Sommella Fire and Ice Dragons -- Nightmare - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-22-2004, 01:23 AM   #121
thecobrakid
Fauna Penal Code

The Fauna Bench Warrant shall remain in affect until such time that the Defendant is arrested brought before the Court. LOL

*Contempt of Court
-Count 2 - Ignore Subpoena (10/20/04)

Carries a maximum penalty of 10 hours hard labor on a hog farm lol These are very serious allegations. Unless she has a good defense....she could be confined to a hog farm for a long time.

You guys have a Merry Christmas!

Old 12-22-2004, 01:34 AM   #122
Rockford
Good God!!! A hog farm. That's pretty harsh punishment. LOL. I hope I am never on the other side of your bench! I know..... I just won't rip anyone off.

Happy Holidays!

Bthacker

Old 12-22-2004, 02:47 PM   #123
Lynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bthacker
Lynn- I am sure you sell your holdbacks as holdbacks but I have encountered breeders and brokers selling holdbacks when they really aren't. They are just labeled as such. I didn't say every breeder just some. I have a post a couple of pages back regarding this topic.

I honestly believe that Terri labels her regualr stock as "holdbacks" to entice buyer's but that is just my opinion. I don't know her but judging from her business practices I am left with this conclusion.

Anyway, thanks for being a responsible breeder/seller.

Bthacker

Thank You and MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS..
I understand what you are saying.. My holdbacks are generally 4 to 8 months old..

Old 12-24-2004, 12:54 AM   #124
jnsreptiles
I have to agree with Lynn. I live close to her and have seen all of her stock, including ALL of her breeders. I myself have several bearded dragons that my wife and I breed. We sell the highest quality animals as holdbacks, and the rest at market value. If Lynn says one of her animals is a holdback, and it is priced more, It is well worth it. Lynn has been around longer than most breeders out there, including myself, and like I said before, I am honored to have some of her dragons in our breeding collection. I do not understand the difference in "breeder quality and holdback quality". All my holdbacks are holdbacks for one reason or another. Whether it is because of size or color or pattern, there is reason for all holdbacks. "Breeder quality" animals is just another word for holdbacks that the original breeder can't keep for one reason or another. Maybe they have too many males, and now the males they have for sale are breeders??? Ok, I am going to go on a soap box now and hope I don't piss off too many people. If I do, oh well, you all have my email. Let me have it if I do. In the bearded dragon world, all the morph names are crap! They are all made up. Unlike the Ball python world, where you breed a pastel male to a normal female and receive both normals and pastels, the bearded dragon world is full of a bunch of made up names. I could breed my male red dragon I got from Kakadu to a Crawley female and call it a sunfirexspitfirexcrawleyxchrisallenxredflamexblood xsandfirexsunburnedxetc.xetc.xetc. Or I could just call it a Smith's Red holdback, "breeder quality". Then next week, when it sell's for $500, wow, looky here, I got another "breeder quality" Smith's Red for $500 and so on and so on. The point I am trying to make is, all bearded dragons are worth something, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What is a $500 dragon to you, may only be worth $50 to me, and vice versa. If you are looking for quality dragons, go to the reputable breeders. I back all my dragons with 100% satisfaction, and I will back all of Lynn's dragons too. Like I said, Lynn has some really nice dragons, some of the best on the market. Next time you are looking to spend $500 on animals, let either me or Lynn know. I guarantee you will receive atleast 2 or 3 dragons you can be proud of and boast to others about.

Old 12-24-2004, 12:56 AM   #125
jnsreptiles
oops forgot the name tidbit. Sorry Rich.
Jason Smith

Old 12-31-2004, 08:06 AM   #126
Wuraka
So, is there anymore information in regards to the original post? I have been following this post for quite sometime now, and would like to see if justice will prevail.

William Shuey

Old 01-03-2005, 10:14 PM   #127
jnewsome26
We are still working with our CC company. I'll post whenever the matter is resolved.

Jonathan Newsome

Old 01-05-2005, 03:36 AM   #128
lawndart
(Warning: Don't bash me you Biotchs for just stepp'n in! I was invited by the initiator's girl who found me in another forum. I have spent several hours reading every line of text in the past 20 some pages, so...)

Hello all,

I don't know what to think. I purchased from Terri two weeks before Christmas and paid $650 for one of her adult female leucitic dragons. After shipping I was out $700.00+. She (Beth) arrived, alive, but black; not the snow white of her picture as posted on Terri's web site. Exhibit A (for you legal types out there):

I can't say that I'm totally displeased but I have had issues with the dragon herself. She is not white now. She is tan at best. She did not eat on her own until yesterday. I have had to force feed her veggies which made her pissed and turn even darker.

Now, I know that dragons will stress out and not perform, color wise, after a big move (like flying 3000 miles in winter). I understand that if a dragon is stressed they will not eat, play or do the things we expect healthy, happy dragons to do! So, now that I have the heat to where she likes it and have implimented the steps suggested by Terri to help Beth acclimate, my initial fear for her "well being" has subsided.

I am concerned, however, for all of us old and new to Fire and Ice that such poor customer service was given to he who initiated this string. I'm even more concerned that Terri has not yet replied to this amassment of frustration with all the prompting. Is she not aware the court grows impatient? I assume she is too busy or maybe presents in life with a touch of untreated OCD or ADHD.

Please, Terri no offense. I'm not bashing you I just understand these people!

Terri has, however, replied to all but one or two of my emails I have sent and has tried to help me in every way possible to assure the health of my dragon.
My experience with her has been more positive than negative. Yet, I did not ask for a refund either.

I don't think it is fair for some of you to cut her off just because a few individuals have issues with the product or the service. (However, Terri the allegations are serious! Customer service and guarantees and # 1 in the consumer’s eyes and not to honor these will devastate your business... Can you see what people are saying?) Back to my point...

My concern is that I paid a huge amount of money for a dragon that has had a slow start, is not yet performing and may continue to be troublesome for some time. I feel ripped off. Yet, I can blame no one but myself and I even had pictures.

I feel that if I continue to get service from her and she makes good with me I will not create a ripple for her. This issue of customer service is another story. Business owners and operators need to be held accountable for their product, service and public policy regardless their personal or fiduciary situation and never should that be placed upon the consumer!

Overall I have had a good experience with Fire and Ice. In retrospect, I also feel ripped off. Terri needs to come forth and defend herself however difficult that may be. It will win my respect and prevent an inevitable tsunami which will flood the minds of all consumers who find this discussion.

Old 01-05-2005, 10:03 AM   #129
salito718
sorry guy, but i have to...

700 dollars?

Old 01-05-2005, 10:15 AM   #130
cthulhu77
700 dollars

She really should change the name of her business:
"Fire and Ice Cleaners"

Wow...what a rip off !

greg

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!