Bad Guy Ed Clark, again - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:43 PM   #51
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by TailsWithScales View Post
Nicole,

In Ed's defense (no flaming me folks!) not even the best heat packs and insulation can withstand those temps. And those little ones are little miracles for surviving. Also I can understand the possibility of a misunderstanding of when to ship. Miss communications do happen especially when someone is in a hurry or something has part of their attention.

Personally you should keep her and sell her offspring or just sell her on your own when the weather improves. Attached or not. I know I would. I understand the HUGE frustration in getting a miss-sexed animal. But really when it comes down to it (IMO) if you think of just the price Ed is really getting the short end of the stick if you keep her. She's worth more even as a young baby and of course the more weight she puts on the more she'll be worth. But I'm sure you know all that.

That all being said I do fault BOTH of you for the animals being shipped. Yes most of the blame is on Ed but the full mistake is not his. New to the hobby or not how could you think that all the insulation and heat packs would protect an animal in a cardboard box in below freezing temperatures???? Even in a good amount gear a warmblooded human cannot survive that. No offense but in seems that common sense was not used on your side either.

I am not absolving Ed of the mistakes but I am understanding how they could have happened.

I think a good resolve would be you keep the animal and Ed pay you the difference. Meaning pay you the difference between market average on a male vs female Black Pastel. So if a male (hearsay) costs $200 and a female of the same age and close weight costs $350 then Ed should pay you $150.
That way it's as though you bought a female not a male. Not what you wanted I know. But better then nothing and then there's the potential of having another - nice looking breeder female black pastel.

My reason for coming up with this solution is sending back the female, attachment or not, is just plain not safe and he won't refund without her being sent. Rightfully so. Not safe for him to ship you a different animal.

These are just my thoughts. Again sorry for the hassles and hope it's resolved soon.
I almost fully agree. i think she should get it healthy and re-sell it for the profit. Why should she send extra money to Ed? He mis sexed it, thought it was a male and lost nothing. i think Ed owes nothing for the vet bills and Nicole owes no extra because its a female.That should call it even. whats so hard about that? am i wrong?

Old 01-18-2010, 09:49 PM   #52
TailsWithScales
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonluver83 View Post
I almost fully agree. i think she should get it healthy and re-sell it for the profit. Why should she send extra money to Ed? He mis sexed it, thought it was a male and lost nothing. i think Ed owes nothing for the vet bills and Nicole owes no extra because its a female.That should call it even. whats so hard about that? am i wrong?
Please reread what I said:

Quote:
Nicole,

I think a good resolve would be you keep the animal and Ed pay you the difference. Meaning pay you the difference between market average on a male vs female Black Pastel. So if a male (hearsay) costs $200 and a female of the same age and close weight costs $350 then Ed should pay you $150.
That way it's as though you bought a female not a male. Not what you wanted I know. But better then nothing and then there's the potential of having another - nice looking breeder female black pastel.
So Ed pay Nicole. Not vice versa.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:52 PM   #53
spyder79
Quote:
Quote:
Please reread what I said:

Quote:
Nicole,

So Ed pay Nicole. Not vice versa.
that doesnt really make any sinse at all.
giving a discount on a male would work
or them calling it even and the op selling the female for more than currently invested and buying a male. but what you are suggesting really has no logic to it.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:57 PM   #54
chongorojo
this is kind of a tough one, but if it were me I would keep the female and ask for half of the vet bills.... and thats just because the shipper KNOWS BETTER than to ship in those temps and 2 you probably can find a nice black locally or switch your plans and trade the black female out for a MUCH nice male again locally and you can still breed him AFTER quarantine.... I know odd but hey who complains about getting a female ball for the price of a male??

Old 01-18-2010, 09:57 PM   #55
Ed Clark
Everyone is guessing at prices.

The male black pastel was $250.00

a similar size female is worth $600.00 if you can find one.

If it is not the sex she bought I want it back and I will send her the male she paid for. and of course I will cover the shipping costs.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:58 PM   #56
Otter_23
I think in a peer to peer transaction you want what is best for both parties and for everything to be fair. Unfortunately in business that is not how it always works. Sometimes you have to take a loss to make a gain.

From a business stand point if I make a mistake I will bend over backward to make it right. In this case Ed's mistake has caused his customer quite a bit. She does not have the male she needed for breeding this season and potentially causing her the loss of a clutch.

In this case I would let her keep the snakes (since she wants them) pay/refund some towards the medical bills and offer her a very good deal on one of my animals (within reason) when they can be shipped. He may initially lose money to begin with but if she is satisfied and then very happy with the next animal she may become a repeat customer. Repeat customers will refer others etc... so in the long run a win win for both. It's all about customer service. Granted some (not saying OP) you can't make happy but a majority of people are gracious when you own up to your mistakes and often times will deal with you again. Just my opinion

Old 01-18-2010, 10:02 PM   #57
dragonluver83
hum, i am on some pain meds for the pulled musle down the left side of my torso. but i dont under stand any if that? if Nicole paid 300 for the male how much do females go for? say 450. (i have no clue i deal with bearded dragons). so now she under paid for a snake? and she would owe ed 150, right? but then Nicole has vet bills into the animals, right? so Instead of her paying for the rest of the snake that was mis sexed. she can re-sell it not having to worry if she is getting another snake with parasites. and gain the money she spent for the snake ( 300 ) and extra money ( since its a girl she will get more) so that would cover the vet bill.
Brian who do you not understand??

Old 01-18-2010, 10:05 PM   #58
Tim Cole
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
I shipped on the day requested. if her temps were so far below anything safe she should have had me hold them until it was warmer.
I guess I care about the welfare of the animals MORE than you do.

I always check the temps on the receiving end or even at the hub which for me is usually Atlanta. These snakes should not have been shipped with these temps on both ends.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:06 PM   #59
spyder79
Quote:
hum, i am on some pain meds for the pulled musle down the left side of my torso. but i dont under stand any if that? if Nicole paid 300 for the male how much do females go for? say 450. (i have no clue i deal with bearded dragons). so now she under paid for a snake? and she would owe ed 150, right? but then Nicole has vet bills into the animals, right? so Instead of her paying for the rest of the snake that was mis sexed. she can re-sell it not having to worry if she is getting another snake with parasites. and gain the money she spent for the snake ( 300 ) and extra money ( since its a girl she will get more) so that would cover the vet bill.
Brian who do you not understand??

Sorry didnt mean to quote you both. it was Christines post that didnt quite make sense.

i honestly think that the OP, considering she has refused to ship the female back to ed, could be offered 25% off of a male and be happy. Though, considering she has refused to ship the female back, ed would not be obligated under his TOS to even do that much. I would see it as good business to at least offer a discount on a male. But she deffinately does not deserve to get 1 female black pastel, 1 female ch normal, and a black pastel male for the cost of 1 male. That is not a legitimate outcome.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:10 PM   #60
Otter_23
I am confused as well. Ed is the one who made the mistake and miss sexed the snake. That one is on him he takes the loss.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ed clark, fat frog