Kevin Peters - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-09-2004, 02:11 AM   #11
Wilomn
Ritchie, "eisen" don' know who you could mean "mann"

Old 05-09-2004, 02:33 AM   #12
JMelissaMc
Someone Please Help Me!

Please explain to me why this piece of crap would open that box inside the store? Even if he was expecting non-venomous snakes, why would he do that in front of someone. I don't even open up my dragons in a store!

Is his brain that fried on drugs?

Old 05-09-2004, 07:07 AM   #13
BadBoid
...my favorite part was how the article called the spitting cobra a 'viper' four or five times...

Aaron Savit

Old 05-09-2004, 10:30 AM   #14
The BoidSmith
One other thing.

Quote:
Please explain to me why this piece of crap would open that box inside the store? Even if he was expecting non-venomous snakes, why would he do that in front of someone. I don't even open up my dragons in a store!
J. Melissa,

I have been wandering that myself. Maybe he wanted a witness to the status (live or dead) of the snake upon arrival. One way or the other, if he knew what he was being shipped (don't think he didn't) he didn't pick the right "witness".

The other thing that troubles me is:

Quote:
Peters was given the option of donating the snake to a zoo, giving it
up for research or having it destroyed. He chose the latter,
according to Fish and Game Capt. Dennis DeAnda.
The snake's body is being held for evidence.
First he shows a complete disregard for the law, as well as the potential for endangering the carrier’s employees. Then he shows complete disregard for the life of the animal he was responsible for. Why destroying her? He could have donated the animal to a Zoo. Did he think the evidence would go away? That was probably not a very good call by Fish and Game officials. As far as I understand when they catch people illegally selling or smuggling animals the animals in question are confiscated, not destroyed. Why was this different?

Regards.

Old 05-09-2004, 11:31 PM   #15
PDManteca
Kevin Peters Information

I received an email from Ritchie Luna which pointed me to the several threads relating to Kevin Peters which are on this site. They made a very interesting hour or so of reading. Thanks also to Ken Harbart and T. Small for their emails.

On its face we were told that this was a shipping mistake and that Mr. Peters was expecting two Boas and not the Cobra. These posts raise many serious questions regarding this information and Mr. Peter's credibility.

Manteca PD has turned this case over to the Department of Fish and Game as this type of offense is within their area of expertise and not ours. I will forward the site address and the emails that we received to the investigating officer to share with the F&G officer assigned to the case. I am sure it will bring them to question their perception of what occured and expand the direction of their investigation.

Thank you for your contacts and thank you for the forum that made this information so available. I am sure that F&G will be contacting those who sent email to us.

Just so you know, I am only the webmaster for Manteca PD. I am a retired Detective Sgt with the Department and still have a little piece of the action there. Since we get lots of mail at the web site I do this kind of thing all the time.

Thanks again for your help.

Sgt. Dave Thompson (Ret)
Manteca PD
PDManteca@aol.com

Old 05-10-2004, 12:09 AM   #16
Wilomn
Dave, thanks for the update. This guy peters is a real scumbag.

Please keep us posted as best you can. Lots of us would really like to see this clown finally put behind bars.

Wes Pollock

Old 05-10-2004, 01:29 AM   #17
justanja
Few Coments

Ok, just a few little coments from me, myself, and I. First, the individual you guys are speaking of that may be the person who sent the the "Cobra" (not Viper). I know him, not to say that I approve of him, but he is located in North Carolina, not South Carolina. Not to say that he couldn't have shipped it from South Carolina. But we also know of a few Dealers in South Carolina that wouldn't have a problem shipping a Cobra that way.

Mr. Peters also tried to get on over on us as well. He was attempting to Buy/Trade for our King Cobra. We did some checking on the name, and found out tons of bad things about him. Also, on previous posts we have read about him, we have noticed that people say that Law Enforcement already has their eye on him. If that is so, why would all of this not be suspicous upon him to the Law? Atleast that article made it out to seem as though he was a victim. As though he was the innocent one. One way or the other, both parties should be investigated.

Old 05-10-2004, 01:50 AM   #18
Wilomn
Anja, since you know the guy who sent the cobra out could you post his name so the rest of us know who to avoid? If he's willing to ship a cobra that way who knows what else he could do.

thanks,
Wes

Old 05-10-2004, 02:20 AM   #19
Amos
Talking Yes I think we all need to know who...

Is risking our hobby! Kevin P. is a classic scam artist and well known.I know the thread from his local p.d. has made ALOT of people I wil assist in any way I can to help this scum see the inside of a Correctional Facility. "Bubba" and Kevin could have a long and fruitful relationship...LOL

p.s.I understand if you dont want to drop the name anja,but we would all love you for it

Trey Small

Old 05-10-2004, 02:31 AM   #20
justanja
No Names

Ok, here is my stand on the name thing. Fist of all I dont want anyone to get screwed in this business, but what proof do I have that any certain individual did this. I have none, so If I drop a name, that is just as good as me saying that I know they did this. That is also Slander. I dont approve of these individual's acts, but I have no proof that they were the ones involved in this mess. These are the same reasons the post earlier beat around the bush on an individuals name.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!