Inquiry Larry Bowman - Oldworld Exotics - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-11-2014, 10:29 PM   #11
gila7150
There is a negative BOI thread about a Larry Bowman from Nokomis, FL that received a tricolor hognose and never paid the seller for it. Larry Bowman of OldWorld Exotics told me that he's not the same guy through PM on this site.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:00 PM   #12
TakinANapster
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
There was a Larry Bowman Island Reptiles in SW Florida selling tricolor hognose years ago - is this the same guy?
This guy, with the same name, was from TN.

The transaction ended up turning out GREAT! I have 1.2 of GORGEOUS (however extremely young) Tri-Color Hognose, AND, and stunning 1.2 trio of Thai Red Mountain Rats ...both of which I've been searching for a long time!

I am very happy with my deal I got from "Larry Bowman in TN", however he has no working computer, so everything is by phone or text ... definitely sounded iffy, however my want for the 2 trio's overwhelmed my sense of non trust.

I got GREAT Animals, at a fair price, on the day and time they were supposed to be here ... very [properly shipped with 2 cold-packs in the box (it's been in upper 80's here), each in an individual dixies's, each properly marked, taped on all 4 sides ... with great ventilation, and there body temp and packaging temp proved acceptable with a tem-prove upon arrival.

I would still be cautious, however my personal experience turn out to be a great one

Old 07-12-2014, 06:19 AM   #13
gila7150
I'm glad to hear that everything worked out and you were happy with the animals you received. Thanks for your feedback!

Old 07-12-2014, 04:04 PM   #14
Oldworld exotics
Talking to answer to the haters

Russ in all due respect all you do is waste peoples time and i offrred you another rhino just to help you out .but i quess you took it the wrong way .you shouldnt tell people your gonna call at a certain time and call 5 hours later your text seem to work just fine . And brent you shouldnt tell people it is illegal to sell snakes on fb if your not a bussiness .seems you kept contacting me but never had the money sorry you all lost out on killer snakes cause you think you know it all .everyone else had no problems and as far as my snakes being low priced thats my choice not none of yours .if you wanna pay more go ahead just dont contact me cause i wont sell to you anyway anyone else wanting a good deal and quality snakes feel free to contact. me i will be glad to hook you up .or you can listen to all the drama from these. Idiots and lose out .and denny i thought our transaction went well considering you got 2000 in snakes and only paid a 989.00 shipped and we comunicated for hours let me know what i did wrong in your eyes .i really would like to hear it .i have many satified repeat customers and plenty of refrences to those who need them

Old 07-13-2014, 04:27 AM   #15
TakinANapster
Talking

Hi Larry,

If I said anything to make "anyone" mistake my dealings with you, it was by mistake, I assure you.

I AM EXTREMELY PLEASED WITH HOW EVERYTHING TURNED OUT, AND "YES" I BELIEVE YOU GAVE ME A VERY GOOD DEAL, SHIPPED WHEN I REQUESTED, DELIVERED NEXT DAY ABOUT 9:00AM, IN VERY GOOD HEALTH AND CONDITION. I WAS ALSO IMPRESSED WITH YOUR PACKAGING!

I think maybe you, and possibly others, might have "thought" I was putting you down when I stated "I am very happy with my deal I got from "Larry Bowman in TN", however he has no working computer, so everything is by phone or text ... definitely sounded iffy, however my want for the 2 trio's overwhelmed my sense of non trust."

However, I started the post, and the majority of the post, I thought truly told people on this forum you are a "Gentleman who keeps his word, and does outstanding customer service on shipping".

JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS, I AM "VERY" HAPPY WITH THE DEAL I GOT FROM LARRY BOWMAN, A 1.2 TRIO OF TRI-COLOR HOGNOSE .... AND A 1.2 OF THAI RED MOUNTAIN BAMBOO RATS !!!

THIS LARRY BOWMAN, I HIGHLY DOUBT WAS IN ANY BAD PRACTICES IN THE PAST, HOWEVER i "KNOW FOR SURE HE KEEPS HIS WORD NOW"!

Best regards Larry,

Joe

Old 08-17-2014, 04:58 PM   #16
TakinANapster
Update on Larry Bowman of OldWorld .....

He initially sent the animals I requested, on time ... 1.2 Thai Red Mountain Rat's, doing justy great still ... however the 1.2 Tri-Color Hognose were advertised as eating F/T Pinky Mice ... and when they arrived, appeared to be newly hatched. less then 2" long, thinner than the lead in a pencil, COULD NOT POSSIBLE EVEN EAT "1 HOUR NEWBORN PINKIES"!!! They only weight ~ 0.79 grams, each animal almost exactly the same.

I informed him they could not possibly eat a pinky, and he suggested feeding them only the tails and legs off the pinkies. That did not do it. Within only a week, the 1st female died ... he said he would replace her out of his next clutch coming in just 3-4 weeks.

I've not heard a word back, although I've been pleading for answers for getting the two remaining Tri's to eat. In the meantime, 2 weeks ago, I lost the male ... leaving me now with only a female, now weighing only 0.57 grams

I let him know, and told him last Friday I'd give until EOD that day to get in tough with me .... before I would post this, and again help ruin his reputation ... which I really hate to do to a fellow breeder.

However, since I've given him him 2 additional day to get in touch, and he's made no effort ... I am posting this to let the rest of you know to beware of ANY purchases made from him! The ad he put up on the Tri-Color was an out-and-out lie saying they were eating F/T pinkies!!!b And now I have let 2 animals "suffer by starvation 'TO DEATH', for no reason other than his lack of support!!!

Beware friends & fellow breeders!!!

I WOULD NEVER SUGGEST "ANYONE" DEAL WITH LARRY B OWMAN FROM OLDWORLD PHONE# 423-278-7004 ....

Best regard to y'all

TakinANapster

Old 08-17-2014, 06:40 PM   #17
gila7150
Joe,
I'm very sorry to hear about your tricolor hognoses. That sounds extremely small for hatchlings. I have some experience with Eastern and Western hatchlings but not tri-colors. I would try frog or lizard scenting if you haven't already. Usually a moistened fuzzy tail is fairly easy to slide down their mouth to the point where they'll finish swallowing on their own.
If all else fails it may be time to attempt feeding with a TB syringe and the smallest ball tipped feeding needle they make. These guys are probably pretty fragile so if you don't have experience doing this I would try to find someone near you who does.
I wish you luck with your last female.

Old 08-17-2014, 07:08 PM   #18
TakinANapster
Thanks for the tips Chris,

I have tried scented the pinky parts with Anoles ... and even tried feeding them Anoles tails, and even new-born Anoles ... no luck

I will try both methods immediately!

I have tried "offering them fuzzy tails, legs, etc. but no luck. I've not yet tried force-feeding because I've experienced only snake deaths from doing that to neonates ... however to save this girl, if necessary, I will tape my pinkie syringe and some Live "fresh" newborn pinkies ("I've been informed, with pinkies, live has much more vitamins & minerals that the freezer kills) ... to the Vet and pay him to feed her each week until she can eat pinkies on her own!!! If I would have any idea I was going to have zero support from Larry Bowman on these poor animals, and that they would die such a horrible death (starving to death) ... I woiuld have taken themto the Vet twice weekly from day #1

Best regards, and thanks again for the tips!!!

TakinANapster (Joe)

Old 08-17-2014, 09:17 PM   #19
Lindsay
If various amphibian scents or parts don't work you can also try fish, belive it or not. You can get a feeder fish/minnow from many pet stores. The liquid from a can of tuna will sometimes work with Lystrophis.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:49 PM   #20
hhmoore
While I can appreciate the efforts to help another forum member, the BOI is not the place for a discussion on feeding tips/tactics. This thread is about Larry Bowman - please take any side discussions to PM or the discussion forums.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!