In need of Male. What are my options. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-28-2012, 04:51 AM   #1
hallowedone
In need of Male. What are my options.

So the short story is im jsut getting into BPs and i dont have a male at all. I did have a Black Pastel but i had 2 sell him 2 pay a bill. He locked several times with my spider but no luck. I have 4 females right now but only 1 of witch is good 2 go. The other 3 are only about 300 grams so they will be ready 2 go next spring give or take. So heres a break down of what i have. Remember all are females.

1500+g Spider
2 300+g normals
1 300+g Albino

So im looking 2 get a male over the summer for my birthday but i dont know what would fit me best. I know something Het albino would be good but there also more expinsive. Any ideas on what i shoudl shoot for. Down side is my max 2 spend is only like 500 if my GF loves me enough Im really looking for something that will be good 2 take 2 all for over time. Any of the 2 gene with pastel in them are nice but some seem a bit pricey. Any ways what do some of the older guys think i should shoot for. THanks and GOD BLESS

Old 04-28-2012, 06:27 AM   #2
gsrept
Depends on what you want and want to spend. for $300 or less you could get lessers, mojo, pastel, black pastel, yellow bellys all good choices to start out.if you have more to spend i would go with a phantom, mystic,or leapord. ultimitly it what you want to make. good luck

Old 04-28-2012, 09:41 AM   #3
MrBig
I would go with something lesser or butter, maybe save a few dollars to add to what she is willing to spend and get a pastel lesser or butter?

Old 04-28-2012, 01:29 PM   #4
hallowedone
Thanks guys. Ya ive been looking into a pastave or something along those lines casue there not usually super expensive but there a bit harder 2 find around here.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:13 PM   #5
BallsDeepPythons
Pastaves are nice, a pewter male is also in your price range. Cinnabees are pretty nice and not everyone is producing them. A lemon blast would probably be at your top range, but they would make some nice morphs as well.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:25 PM   #6
hallowedone
Ya lemon blast would be my top choice but there super hard 2 come by here and i dont trust the web yet. Either way what ever i get has 2 have pastel in it becasue i wanna make a Bumblebee for my GFs birthday next spring

Old 04-29-2012, 03:39 PM   #7
rapturereptiles
There is a nice male lemon blast on Craigslist here in phoenix. Actually its in queen creek. But search under phoenix Craigslist under for sale. And keyword python. I can ship it for you. He is a few hundred grams and they are asking 350 with a fishtank cage. I went and looked at him since he is a pet. Good looking but for sure a male. So I didn't want another male. I'm sure they would take 200 without the cage. And you would have to pay for shipping. I have good refrences. And wouldn't mind helping you out since I go to queen creek every weekend to race motocross. I could swing by and pick him up if you like him.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/grd/2964541483.html

The owner isn't a breeder so didn't have a scale. My guess was 400+ grams but I can't be positive on that.

Old 04-29-2012, 03:43 PM   #8
rapturereptiles
You would have to work out a deal on the price with the owner. Not sure if that's to much hastle but just throwing it out there.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:59 PM   #9
Randy F
that lemon blast would be a good deal for you and give you more genes. Then take the difference and save a little more to get a butter female hatchling.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:55 PM   #10
Matt2979
Whether you get a lemonblast, pastave, or just a (single-gene) pastel, make sure you get the brightest, prettiest pastel that you can find and afford. Too many people are selling BROWN pastels that do not make good combos! Good luck in your search!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!