Inquiry -- Mike Venhorst/Boamaster - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-25-2005, 11:53 AM   #1
Rakshasanyc
Inquiry -- Mike Venhorst/Boamaster

As quite often happens, I'm looking for a new cage for my Burmese Python. The 8' x 3' x 30" cage from Boamaster is quite reasonably priced, even including shipping... and it should be large enough to last my pride and joy for a while.

http://www.boamaster.com/cage8.html

I wondered if any of Yon Readers have had dealings with Mark or Boamaster: I'd be particularly interested in hearing from people who have purchased his cages. I've corresponded with Mark Venhorst via e-mail and he seems like a nice guy -- but I figured checking for references can't hurt when you're looking at making a pretty big purchase.

Old 09-25-2005, 01:31 PM   #2
cyberfrog
I purchased a 4 foot cage for our Nic Boa and I we love it. I talk to Mark at alot of shows in my area, and he is a very good guy. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again.

Old 09-25-2005, 06:25 PM   #3
Reptile Basics
I see him at shows...

around the southeast. Very nice guy and while I havent purchased any of his cages They look real nice and are an excellent deal.
Rich Goldzung
www.reptilebasics.com

Old 09-25-2005, 10:58 PM   #4
MGReptiles
Mike is a good feller.. I have delt with him on several occasions and it has always been a pleasure
-Matt

Old 09-26-2005, 03:07 AM   #5
princesskain
Mark Venhorst

Is an A-Plus guy! I purchased a couple snakes from him earlier this year, and the one aspect that impressed me the most was his genuine customer service. On phone and via emails, he's a great guy! ((And of course the snakes were out of this world!))

Hailey Lau
www.IDGecko.com

Old 09-26-2005, 08:41 PM   #6
Hillside_Herps
Mark is a fine builder of cages! They are well built and very nice looking. I know several people that have them and they love them. I personally purchased a snake from him and I see him frequently at the shows. He always asks how my girl is doing. He is a good guy!

Old 12-07-2005, 09:34 AM   #7
Rakshasanyc
Thumbs up Mark Venhorst -- Best of the Best

While shipping my (very large) cage from Virginia to New York, we ran into problems with the New York shipper. It took over a week to get a delivery scheduled and, when it arrived, one piece was broken.

Mark worked with me through the whole process. His customer service was second to none and he sent out a replacement piece within 24 hours after I explained the situation to him. And the cage looks absolutely fantastic.

(Now to assemble this beastie, get the heating regulated, and give my baby the new home she deserves... ).

If you're looking for a top-notch cage at a reasonable price, you couldn't do better than Boamaster. In fact, now that I'm soon to have a spare 4'x2'x2' cage I may be checking his animal stock... if his snakes are as good as his cages, I'm sure I'll get a prize specimen.

Mark: thanks again for a superb transaction!!

Old 12-07-2005, 10:57 AM   #8
Roesnake
not to beat a dead horse....

but I have had dealings with Mark and have been extremely pleased with his business practices and integrity.

Old 12-08-2005, 02:47 PM   #9
ecmorrell
I bought a rack from him, nice guy all around and great cage.

Old 02-17-2006, 04:54 PM   #10
khood
Newly designed 4 footers

I just purchased a stack of Marks newly designed, waterproof 4 footers and picked them up last week. I was fortunate enough to be able to drive to his production facility and see how these things are made. Impressive! Every cage is made to precise specs and they stack perfectly. Not to mention they are the most attractive cages I own. I have them stacked next to a stack of boaphiles and they are hands down the more attractive. I am not knocking boaphiles at all. They are great cages too. It's just nice to know we have more options and for people looking for beautiful display cages, you can't go wrong with these. And know that he is making them out this new material (goodbye to the plywood), I can spray them down with Novasan just like I do my boaphiles and visions with no worries.

Kevin Hood

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!