Jamaican Boas Breeding - Page 39 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-20-2015, 08:45 PM   #381
Helenthereef
The change is very dramatic, I look forward to seeing more of him.

Old 05-21-2015, 04:20 PM   #382
cguarino30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
The change is very dramatic, I look forward to seeing more of him.
Thanks, Helen. I'll have to get a shot with him and H6 together. They are starting to really diverge in color and contrast.

Old 05-22-2015, 07:45 AM   #383
cguarino30
Feeding update:

All holdbacks were offered quail chicks. Only H6 ate it. I will offer a couple more times to the others, as they are certainly the best fed of the group, but then will put off for a few more months. Judging from H6's feeding bump, I'd say they can handle them easily, as soon as they are willing to make the adjustment.

P1, P2, and T3 all ate unscented pinkies, as usual.

T1 was offered an unscented pinkie and another unscented pinkie with a piece of anole stuck to it, and ate neither.

N2 was offered an unscented pinkie and declined. I will probably try scented again next week.

Everyone else was offered a chick-scented pinkie and declined.

Old 05-23-2015, 09:35 PM   #384
Snakesitter
Tough little things to wean. I admire your tenacity!

Old 05-24-2015, 07:38 AM   #385
cguarino30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesitter View Post
Tough little things to wean. I admire your tenacity!
Haha. Thanks, but to be fair, I'm being pretty lazy about the whole thing. The most effective methods (scenting with anole soup and covering with chick fuzz) I haven't really been doing just because I'm not in an exceptional hurry to get them converted. Chick thighs are pretty easy for me and the only reason I'm converting any of them is for resale. Also, in speaking to some of the people who have taken non-pinkie eaters, they seem to convert fairly quickly in new homes, which I assume comes from their new owners trying harder. Haha.

Old 05-24-2015, 07:59 PM   #386
Snakesitter
That, and the fact the new owner only has to wrestle with one meal prep. ;-)

Old 05-25-2015, 12:24 PM   #387
cguarino30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesitter View Post
That, and the fact the new owner only has to wrestle with one meal prep. ;-)
I suppose that's probably a factor as well. Haha.

Old 05-29-2015, 08:15 AM   #388
cguarino30
Another feeding update.

All holdbacks were fed quail chicks. Again, only H6 ate it.

P1 was not fed in preparation for going to a new home on Monday.

P2 and T3 ate unscented pinkies.

N2 did NOT eat an unscented pinkie. Although, both this week and last week, it was in a different place from where I left it, so presumably, N2 is thinking REALLY hard about it. I'll probably try another unscented next week.

N4 DID eat a scented pinkie (chick guts).

T1 refused an anole, so presumably T1 is off feed entirely for the moment.

All others declined to eat a scented pinkie.

I will likely skip feeding next week, as I am going away for a decent chunk of it, then will try all of the challenge foods again when I get back (see if extreme hunger helps). If I don't get some results on that feeding, I'll probably go back to normal feeding for a little while longer.

Old 06-03-2015, 08:00 PM   #389
cguarino30
Just some quick updates. P1 is in her new home. I'll pass on any updates I get regarding her.

There will be no feeding this week, as I am going out of town. When I get back, I'll try to get some good shots of the guys since they'll have empty bellies, then give them all one last attempt at feeding goals before we go back to the tried and true food items for a little while longer. I'm hoping for a good comparison shot of H3 and H6 together, as they probably represent the full range between the two of them.

Old 06-04-2015, 10:03 AM   #390
Snakesitter
Congrats on another successful placement! :-)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!