FOR ADOPTION IN NC: Young RTB and 2 Green Iguanas - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Old 09-12-2010, 03:52 PM   #1
SnakeLadyK
FOR ADOPTION IN NC: Young RTB and 2 Green Iguanas

Hello everyone!

We have 2 young green iguanas and a beautiful Red Tail Boa that need to find loving permanent homes. I'm currently on my own trying to care for everyone and I'm worried these guys aren't getting the attention they deserve.

Iguanas-
"Spike" is still very young and is full of energy.

"Hannibal" is probably about 9 months to a year old. He was surrendered by his owner when he got too big and too costly. (Yeah, I know. Don't get me started)
He has a regenerated tail and like "Spike", that typical ebullient charm that Iguanas have.

Both of these boys just need someone to spend time with tem.

The Red Tail boa was surrendered early last month. (Unsexed, but I've just called him "he" since he's been here.) His owner had seen our article in the local newspaper and contacted us to come an get him. He said he had found him as a baby in an apartment building he was renovating and had saved him from some of the other workers trying to kill him. He's had him for about 3 years and the whole time thought he was a ball python.
All things considered, though, this guy is in excellent condition. He has been given 2 doses of Panacur just as a precaution. He's readily eating F/T large rats and has a beautiful personality. He's right around 4 1/2 feet and weighs in at 5 pounds 14 ounces.

If you are in the Mooresville, NC area and would like more information on any of these animals or can give them a good, loving home, please send me a pm or you can contact me personally at the number below.

Thank you!

Be blessed!
Ms. K, the Crazy Snake Lady
email address: kbrouse@mayantraders.com
contact number: 704-662-9821

Old 09-13-2010, 12:30 AM   #2
Maldesto
willing to ship?

Old 09-13-2010, 06:00 PM   #3
SnakeLadyK
I'd like to avoid it, if at all possible. Which animal were you interested in?

Old 09-15-2010, 06:37 PM   #4
sn8kecowboy84
im intrested in the RTB its one of my favorite snakes but I would also require shipping

Old 09-15-2010, 06:39 PM   #5
sn8kecowboy84
if you think we could work something out my email address is sn8kecowboy84@gmail.com

Old 09-15-2010, 10:42 PM   #6
SnakeLadyK
Hello everyone!

Thank you for all the inquiries about the boa. He has found a new home locally.
We still have 2 young, ill-tempered little iguanas, though! (C'mon... Anybody?LOL)

Old 09-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #7
Tim Cole
You may want to verse yourself on Boa localities and identities.

That was not a Red-tail boa(BCC) but a Common Boa (BCI).

Old 09-16-2010, 11:27 AM   #8
SnakeLadyK
I'd love to. Can you recommend something that can actually teach anything? Haven't found anything that does more than tell me to "count the ventral scales". Or "this many saddles and widow's peaks and cheverons."
And those would be??
One person tells me "this is a red tail", the other person says "no it isn't."

How about, so no one gets offended, I just go with "Boa" or if thats too precise, "snake"?

I'll be sure to get educated and well versed in locales and IDs in between community events, defending our cause to town hall because of inbred hicks that don't want us here, answering phone calls, talking with other owners, intense record keeping, vet checks, etc.

I'm a RESCUE. I don't care about locale. I don't care about identification. I care about the animal. If I mislabeled it, my bad. I'm sure the entire breeding community will fall unsunder now because I'm ignorant of IDs and typed "Red Tail."

Now, I do apologize that I'm coming across snide and defensive. I'm usually not this way at all. But this week I have been pushed beyond any human's ability to cope, just to keep my animals and my rescue going. To have someone in my own community point out that I need to get schooled in ANYTHING right now is incomprehensible.

Theres no age on the boa. Theres no history on the boa. Theres no confirmation on the boa. He is a RESCUE. He's being ADOPTED.
Plain and simple.

Old 09-16-2010, 06:05 PM   #9
sn8kecowboy84
heres the problem in the reptile world most people call it a red tail boa so thats what they know it as and thats what they tell everyone else snakeladyk is trying to take care of some animals and she called it the common name big deal. Im behind you snakeladyk you are doing wonderful work

Old 09-16-2010, 09:12 PM   #10
SnakeLadyK
Wow... Thank you, Nick. I really didn't mean to take that so personally.
I guess rescuers and rehabbers don't think the same way alot of others do. Morphs, localities, markers, hets.... None of that makes any difference.
What does make a difference is placing a healthy animal with a good family when 6 months earlier, that animal came in so sick we took turns holding it through the nights to monitor it's breathing. The tube feedings, the breathing treatments, administering medications, the vet appointments... The little milestones like when it starts eating on its own, gaining weight, responding positively to it's handler... These are whats important to us.
We care about what it is. Not what type it is.
I'm not saying localities, IDs, etc. aren't important factors. Breeders work hard to produce them and avid collectors are dilegent to find them.
Its just not what my main concern is.
If its not breathing, eating or holding itself upright, it doesn't matter if its a BCC or a BCI, hypo, het or hell-on-wheels, its still dying and thats not good.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!