Bad Guy bad guy Francisco /MOC Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-07-2019, 03:10 PM   #1
Emery Aranda
bad guy Francisco /MOC Reptiles

I’d strongly advise against doing business with this guy. I was attracted by all the rare species he kept, and saw that he was selling some Aussie frillies! So I went ahead and paid for a male in full along with a knobtail gecko. Not even a month after receiving the frilled, he’s got full blown yellow fungus, respiratory infection as well as mouth rot. I noticed his mouth gaping when he arrived but I was also told that aussie frilleds do this more frequently than the NG. Nope it was a RI. I wasn’t experienced with dealing with sickly animals so it took about 2 weeks before I saw the problems worsening and took him to a vet. The owner Francisco had been ignoring any messages I was sending until I told him that the frilled he gave me was sickly, and at that point he just kept denying it possibly being his fault, and blamed it on me. Tell me, how does a BRAND NEW CAGE, with brand new bedding, brand new supplies lead to yellow fungus, mouth rot and RI? At first he tried saying he’s never heard of RI in frilled dragons, but the vet confirmed it. I sent him pictures of the medical bills and he offered me another male or female for a discounted price. Why on earth would I want another animal from you, when the first one was sickly? This guy doesn’t even breed the animals himself, he buys them and then flips them for a higher price. After talking to another aussie keeper, problems like this aren’t unheard of because of the fact that they commonly export them from Germany-and lots of health issues are caused by the trip from there to over here in the US. Regardless, this guy tries to deny any responsibility for this, even when I know my husbandry was on point.
And then when I brought up that my farm bred NG frilleds are in excellent health he tried saying that’s where I F’d up because the Australian wouldn’t need as high of humidity- but not once did I say I kept them the same (I don’t) and he had said right before that how RI in frilleds was unheard of. So because I proved him wrong and that the frilled did indeed have it, he tried all he could in his power to blame it on me. Even though it had a gaping mouth with some mucus the first day I got him. I was simply uneducated and in denial because I didn’t want to believe that the animal I spent close to a thousand on was sickly. Scary scary experience and of course my first aussie....
He could of at the very least split the vet bills, but it’s obvious this guy cares more about the money than the health of the animal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 05-07-2019, 04:30 PM   #2
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeryfbrecovery View Post
Not even a month after receiving the frilled, he’s got full blown yellow fungus, respiratory infection as well as mouth rot.
A month is a very long time to extend any sort of guarantee because illness might be due to your husbandry.

Quote:
though it had a gaping mouth with some mucus the first day I got him.
You allege the animal had symptoms and spend weeks not taking it to the vet?

Please provide emails of your conversations with your seller. Have you informed him of this thread?

Old 05-07-2019, 04:51 PM   #3
Lucille
Quote:
I wasn’t experienced with dealing with sickly animals so it took about 2 weeks before I saw the problems worsening and took him to a vet.
Sorry, no. You alleged mouth gaping and mucus on arrival. One doesn't need experience to realize these (alleged) symptoms are not normal.

Quote:
I noticed his mouth gaping when he arrived but I was also told that aussie frilleds do this more frequently than the NG.
So it appears that you did think it was abnormal but instead of going to a vet you asked around and someone told you the above. And so you sat on the problem for two weeks while it worsened.
Quote:
He could of at the very least split the vet bills, but it’s obvious this guy cares more about the money than the health of the animal.
You are saying that this poor lizard steadily became worse and all you did was consult your buddies and when it finally got really sick and you finally took it in you expect your seller to pony up money? I think if you cared about the health of this critter you would have taken it in at the first (alleged) mouth gape and mucous on arrival.

Old 05-07-2019, 06:35 PM   #4
Emery Aranda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
A month is a very long time to extend any sort of guarantee because illness might be due to your husbandry.

Please provide emails of your conversations with your seller. Have you informed him of this thread?

I was dealing with my mothers death as well as working 7 days a week. It was hard fitting a vet appointment in. It was after 3 weeks that I confirmed it had issues. Not when the problems started arising. They were worsening. I tried taking care of it on my own first before going to the breeder since he was leaving me on read and not replying. It took him 13 days to get back to me.

Old 05-07-2019, 06:38 PM   #5
Emery Aranda
Quote:
Sorry, no. You alleged mouth gaping and mucus on arrival. One doesn't need experience to realize these (alleged) symptoms are not normal.

So it appears that you did think it was abnormal but instead of going to a vet you asked around and someone told you the above. And so you sat on the problem for two weeks while it worsened.

You are saying that this poor lizard steadily became worse and all you did was consult your buddies and when it finally got really sick and you finally took it in you expect your seller to pony up money? I think if you cared about the health of this critter you would have taken it in at the first (alleged) mouth gape and mucous on arrival.

No because it wasn’t bad at that point. It was a slight bit of mucus every time it opened it’s mouth. Like a beardie basking and gaping to cool down, I figured it was normal.

It’s funny how you always like to attack everyone Lucille.

I tried going through my buddies because they commonly deal with RI’s and whatnot. I don’t have a lot of experience with sickly animals as I usually receive quality ones that are in good health. Not sickly animals. That so why it took so long. As well as the fact that the seller who flips animals and doesn’t even breed them wasn’t replying. He finally decided to after I started blowing him up about the situation.

Old 05-07-2019, 06:41 PM   #6
Emery Aranda
Quote:

And it was 2 weeks later that the problem was obvious. Less than a month. Not a month. Fully diagnosed after 3 weeks. Symptoms apparent first day but not apparent enough to make me super suspicious since I never dealt with a similar problem.
I wanted to confirm the issue before going off on the guy for sending me a sickly animal. I don’t have any yellow fungus in my collection either, and every single cage supply and the cage itself was brand new. I also quarantined him and he’s still in quarantine. But besides the point, why would I offer my $850 frilled less quality husbandry than my $125 farm bred NG frilleds, and yet they are in perfect health?

Old 05-07-2019, 06:42 PM   #7
Emery Aranda
Keep in mind, some people have lives outside of the internet, and find it hard to take time off of work. Especially in my given situation. That’s why it “took so long” to get a vet appointment. Because it was hard to find a time where it was still open and when I could get time off. Not because I didn’t care for the animal... I was trying to treat it at the one week mark where it started becoming more and more prevalent that it had an RI. I tried getting supplies over the counter at a reptile store and didn’t work.

Old 05-07-2019, 06:44 PM   #8
Emery Aranda

Old 05-07-2019, 06:58 PM   #9
Emery Aranda
Quote:

Anyone reading this wouldn’t think you’re being neutral. It’s obvious you’re taking his side. I’m going to assume friends of some sort. No, these symptoms when he first came were to the extremity of where I’d be super worried. It was mouth gaping but had clear eyes at the time and seemed active. I figured the mouth gaping was because he was in his basking spot of 115 so I figured he was cooling off like beardies often do. There was slight mucus in his mouth whenever he’d open his mouth, but it wasn’t super bubbly upfront. At that point my friend who works at LLL stated it could be an R.I. but I was in denial and didn’t want to believe that the animal I just received was sick. I wait on it for a few days. Again days, not weeks. Leaving it alone and to adapt to its new enclosure that was all brand new since it’s suggested you do that to prevent stress. I still obviously fed and watered him but after a good week is when I started noticing his mouth’s tip was looking funky. He stopped replying 4 days after I received the dragon, before I was even starting to really worry. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, so I didn’t start getting upset with him until the vet confirmed all of the above issues. He didn’t reply until after I had already been treating him.

Old 05-07-2019, 07:32 PM   #10
MOC REPTILES
You received a healthy animal 100%.
You were satisfied with the animal upon arrival, and haven’t mentioned about the gasping...
You tell us the animal had RI and mouth rot 3 weeks later.
In the pictures you post here, the animal wasn’t as bad as in the pictures you sent us on the third week.
And you threatened us with bad reviews, for something there is no way you are sure about. Just to show you the kind of person you are.
We are 100% confident we shipped you a bery halealthy animal, we have over 99% happy customers. But there is always “the one” who has no clue about the care of their animals, and puts the blame on the seller.
It is obvious there is some poor husbandry there, and you mention all this 3 weeks later... do yourself a favor... don’t embarass yourself.
Some people are just a true disgrace for this hobby/business.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!