Mystery solved! - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-14-2004, 09:20 PM   #51
KelliH
Let's just remember that we can all learn from each other here. I have been working with leopard geckos for a long time, and I don't know all there is to know, I learn new things all the time. One more thing I will say is this: yes, leopard geckos are not hard to keep in captivity. That is one of the many reasons I enjoy breeding them, I can feel fairly secure that they will be cared for properly. It's not as easy as some people may believe however, to properly care for and breed a large collection of leopard geckos. It takes a lot of time and hard work, and with a collection as large as some of us have, it is a full time job. But it's all worth it, believe me :-) I love it!

Old 04-14-2004, 09:38 PM   #52
diablohogs
Quote:
It takes a lot of time and hard work, and with a collection as large as some of us have, it is a full time job. But it's all worth it, believe me :-) I love it!
especially when you work 40+ hours a week and than have to drive a 45 minute commute home (which im about to do after this...i swear). I never claimed to be a big gecko breeder... i do it for the same exact reasons kelli does...

1) i have confidence that i can handle the job of working with a decent sized colony of leopard geckos without risking thier health.

2) i just plain love em... the colors, the patterns...the orange...oh the orange.... and mainly thier calm demenor and that big ol smile they always seem to have.

3) working with the morphs and creating new ones is both exciting and rewarding (did i mention the orange)

Quote:
But it's all worth it, believe me :-) I love it!
that was worth quoting a second time.

Old 04-14-2004, 09:39 PM   #53
Snakebyt
Quote:
Originally posted by diablohogs
dont believe everything you read.

ok. good for you? honestly it doesnt take too much to breed leopard geckos. they are low maintance and do most of the work for you. keep em clean, fed, and hydrated and your good. i on the other hand never owned a single leopard gecko until last spring. but ive owned cared for and bred many other reptiles (admittingly all snakes, unless you include skinks, collared lizards and aligator lizards). my screen name is diablo hogs because i reside in diablo valley and use to have a fine collection of Western hognose before i decided to get into leopard geckos. leopard geckos are the BEGINERS herp... im pretty sure ive read that on a few CARE SHEETS!
I was not in any way implying anything in my post toward anyone in particular. Just a general statment. And yes i realise that leopards are begenner herps, but that is not to say i am a begenner.

Old 04-14-2004, 10:46 PM   #54
riverjop
Ok..OK..OK...

Enough is enough!
This is my thread! (I can hardly believe that!)
No more fighting!!!
If your gonna fight you'll all have to go to the Monitor Lizard section!!
Now everyone....................................go to your room!

Old 04-14-2004, 10:51 PM   #55
diablohogs
Talking but im already in my room.

Overton your a cool cat.

Old 04-14-2004, 10:56 PM   #56
riverjop
Lightbulb thanks

just remember?
If I called myself a rock!
and you saw me, and you called me a stone!
would I be wrong?

Old 04-14-2004, 11:03 PM   #57
riverjop
changing the subject!

look what I got in today, isn't he cute...some day he'll grow up to rule the world!......for now he just rules the geckos.

Old 04-14-2004, 11:05 PM   #58
robin d.
Quote:
trying your damndest to make me look like an amuteur
well you are.........

you need to sit up open those damn ears listen and take some advice.

ill say it straight out... you dont know half as much as you think.... hatching out one or two geckos does not make you a breeder, not even close so i couldnt put yourself in that catagory... its simply a lie.

now call me a b1tch and make fun of web website you arrogant pimple faced punk. go for it because honestly you havent seen me be a b!itch yet nor have you seen me mad ..... you just have me miffed. but you are sure as hell working on it.
now, i studied biology too iin college as well as genetics and while i find it interesting i make no claims to be a know it all but from MY experience (none of which you have) i can make certain assumptions comments and remarks about particular morphs.

i simply breed leopard geckos because it is fun and i like them thats it!!! my main fascination is with boa constrictor subspecies and localities (a whole species which needs to be reworked and restructured and classified), green tree pythons, asian elaphe and venomous.

I have been keeping reptiles for more than six years with my main interests on my snakes. but yeah if you wanna o back i played with house geckos and anoles and what not as a kid too.... and got really dirty..... but thats not experience
in my spare time i do study boa constrictors and venomous snakes... their vennom and behavior.
my husband has two more years of working experience in reptiles than I and he herps all the time...... we are responbile constrictor and hot keepers with protocols always in place
reason why i dont herp....... because i cant see , you a$$hole

you dont have a clue except for the few caresheets you have read, maybe a few corns you have kept oh and a few western hogs you have kept OH and the LEOPARDS you have been keeping for ermmmm 8 months and trust me that DOES not give you experience nor does it make you a breeder LMAO
1-2 geckos a breeder LMAO ermm hehe i cant stop laughing......
sorry little boy you have no clue.............

matter of fact i dont kill my geckos in the heat of the summer and i suppliment them great... THATS PART OF BEING AN EXPERIENCED keeper/hobbies/breeder............

get your sh!t straight little boy........... youre playing in the wrong neighborhood

i have a 40 hopur a week job as does my husband....... we currently keep and BREED......... leos,beardies,rhacs,boa constrictos,asian elaphe
my leo collection consists of about 50 adults and 40 something hatchlings..............a far cry from you the big breeder in sure LMAO

so off now go and cry ya little douce bag
(well deserved points)

Old 04-14-2004, 11:06 PM   #59
riverjop
Angry ok...so I forgot something.....

nobodys perfect!...don't look at me that way!
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2004, 11:19 PM   #60
diablohogs
Talking

youre pretending to know me again, but at this point who cares...

the geckos your refering to did die...all three of them. i admit that because i have nothing to hide...which is why i told marcia to begin with.

i went on a road trip and accidentally left the heat mat on in the dead of a extremely hot summer. i was under the impression that it was off. it wasnt. they died.

nothing in your collection has ever died from a mistake that could have been prevented? your lucky...but ill tell you what...nothing like that will EVER happen to me again.

p.s. at 26 i rarely get pimples anymore, but i do like the misfits...so i guess that makes me a punk.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!