Getting new dragon to eat veggies. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-19-2007, 07:23 PM   #1
cspencer2
Getting new dragon to eat veggies.

I got my son a bearded dragon Draco eats crikets, mill worms ,and dragonfly larva like candy . But he will not eat any veggies. We tryed to wrap them around the insects but just eats the insects and spits out the vegies.Are there any tips on how to get him to eat his vegies. Any info will be helpful. Draco is 4 months old and 14in long 4.98grams very healthy.
Thanks Chris

Old 10-26-2007, 12:27 AM   #2
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

Persistence is the first thing in getting them to eat their veggies & greens. You could try putting some type of worm such as phoenix, butter or silkworms in the salad to help to entice him into eating it since it will "appear" to move. There are also some dragon bites that he might like, if you mix them in the salad too.
Also, if you happen to catch him when he is gaping, you can try to put some in his mouth as well. He will hopefully learn to like them.
You have to start them young to get them to eat them! Good luck.

Tracie

Old 10-26-2007, 03:59 AM   #3
cspencer2
Thanks we finaly got him to eat his vegies .You'l never guess why he would not eat them. He will not eat them in a food bowl. We put them on a rock and he would eat all of the vegies. What up? Oh well as long as he likes them that way.

Old 10-27-2007, 05:12 PM   #4
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

Well, I have to laugh because putting them all strewn out in his tank, etc, was going to be my next suggestion! LOL I guess he likes it more messy huh? That is OK. Whatever works is fine. I am glad you had some success finally.

Tracie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!