Sony RX10 IV - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Photography & Videography Techniques and Equipment

Notices

Photography & Videography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical and practical details of how to take good pictures and videos, as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

Old 01-15-2018, 01:21 AM   #1
WebSlave
Sony RX10 IV

So right around Christmas time, I was minding my own business, and somehow while watching YouTube videos, I noticed some reviews about a new "bridge" camera that Sony recently introduced. Nearly all of the reviews were really raving about this camera, but heck I just bought something similar not that long ago (Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000) so did I REALLY need another camera right now? But heck, 24 to 600mm in a single lens? Faster lens, faster autofocus, faster continuous shooting, 4K 30fps, slow motion, etc., etc.....?

Well, you only live once.

Haven't come even close to trying out all the bells and whistles this camera offers, but what I have tried out is right impressive. Fortunately the gold finches have come on down from the cold north, so this was giving me a pretty substantial target rich environment at the bird feeders outside the bedroom window. Just wish I had gotten around to cleaning the outside of those windows, however. Probably would have gotten better shots had I done that.

Old 01-15-2018, 01:21 AM   #2
WebSlave
Still a couple more.....

Old 01-15-2018, 01:22 AM   #3
WebSlave
And still more.....

Old 01-15-2018, 01:24 AM   #4
WebSlave
Sorry, can't stop myself!

Oh, btw, looks like I am going to have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 for sale if anyone is interested. Can't see much reason to keep that one around any longer now.

Old 01-15-2018, 01:44 AM   #5
WebSlave
One of the interesting bells and whistles that this camera has is the capability of filtering out any color but a selection of several primary colors in the frame. So of course I thought of something to try this out on......

Old 01-17-2018, 04:34 AM   #6
Randall Turner
Ok, that is a pretty slick camera. I like the color filtering, wonder how well it would do on boas, trying to pick up just the red... hmmm.

Old 01-29-2018, 11:57 PM   #7
WebSlave
This thing takes pretty decent pics, even through a dirty glass window.

Old 01-30-2018, 06:58 AM   #8
Beyond GenetiX
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
This thing takes pretty decent pics, even through a dirty glass window.
I would have never known it was through a window.

Old 01-30-2018, 01:38 PM   #9
WebSlave
There is a lot to be said about getting a camera with the biggest sensor, and subsequently highest pixel count, that you can find. It gives you a hell of a lot of flexibility with the final image you want.

By cropping the image, you can effect a pretty decent optical zoom effect, and still keep the fidelity of the image intact. Just don't go more than 1:1 while cropping as a digital zoom effect does tend to soften and artifact the image quite a bit.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!