ours jaws - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-31-2007, 12:04 AM   #11
constrictorcrazi74
wow a friendly sharing of pictures turns into an all out war I dont no what going on these days .

Old 09-05-2007, 01:47 PM   #12
azoun
Wink

I dont see the face problem at all, but it is fat, not Obese just fat, And if your feeding it 3 chunks of meat a day, than you ARE overfeeding it. They will never refuse food, so the excuse he eats it and looks for more is crap, they gorge so they alweys act "Hungry" Rodent/insect diet At that size (last pic Id feed it 2 fuzzies every 4 days, and just keep a small amount ofcrickets to keep him entertained and busy. Other than that its a great pet enjoy.

Old 09-05-2007, 02:29 PM   #13
azoun
One more thing..... if its Fat its FAT there is no such thing as good fat All 3 are bad!...(Sav). Monitor is supposed to have the EXACT SAME BODY that it had when you first saw it as a hatchling, Just larger, but same preportions. If it has either of the 3 fats listed on a previouse post... they are all equally harmfull, and greatly reduce their life expectancy. When my savs run around They RUN around, i can bearly keep up, that cute chuby dude dosnt look like hed give you a hard time trying to outrun you. Try adding more frequant swiming regiments, wich will help weight management. Im not partaking in your guys war, just stating the obvious as was stated to me from a breeder!, after this forum failed to educate me on Savs, people didnt reply and most other posts were simply peoples advise or bits of info piked up here and there.

Anyway, i advise you diet your Sav, and if no one likes it ohh well i tried to help

Old 09-05-2007, 09:06 PM   #14
Greg&Krystal
pic update

new pics of jaws and my sad old dog
Attached Images

Old 09-06-2007, 10:09 PM   #15
VxXDJXxV
I know this dosent have anything do to with Jaws......If you guys think jaws is a little chuby, then what about my black throat she is 4ft 2in and a little over a year old, and if she is what can i do about it????

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...ackthroat4.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...ackthroat3.jpg

Old 09-06-2007, 10:21 PM   #16
VxXDJXxV
The other thing is i just got a sav that is definitely is really fat hes about 2ft 6in and ive been trying everything dieting and having him swim every other day but hes not really showing any improvement.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...V/fatty001.jpg

Old 09-10-2007, 10:07 AM   #17
azoun
HOLY SHIZNIT!!! FAT ASSES! LOL

OK since you asked what you can do about it, i see you have some common sense which is a HUGE problem with most monitor owners. So here it is DIET, And 3 times a week swimming regiment. I'm not sure what his size is, lets say he eats 2 Adult mice per a feed. (your supposed to feed them mice every 4 days) People have a tendency to feed them like their feeding their own fat McDonald's loving ass, Start them on a diet feed them every 4 days and What ever portions your giving them half it at least.(if you provide me with the size age of your monitors i could set a feeding diet for them.) Also fill your tub up Deeper than its hight then add rocks or container at one edge where he could climb onto, spend 30 min to an hour (giving him breaks) and place him in the deep water at the far edge of the tub, hell hate it, but it forces his ass to swim to the ledge pick him up and do it again, do this 3 times a week at least. He will most likley get grumpy both with the swimming and the diet, But believe me its worth it, much longer life and hell be quick and nimble, and very active once he's no longer obese. Anyone who disagrees with placing those 2 on a diet is probably retarded and shouldn't own one. I'm just glad you care about your pets well being, its rare these days. I'm used to hearing. "I cant not feed him everyday he looks hungry"....... BULLSHIT he cant LOOK hungry, People THINK for their animals way to much, just because your fat ass eats 7 times a day doesn't need your monitor has 2. :P But anyway thats my recommendation, try it And i BET a month from now, you will post new pics of both and they will look much better, and be more active, you have nothing to lose following my advice....they sure as hell wont starve lol

Old 09-10-2007, 10:26 AM   #18
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavannahIzCrazi
u cant help how sav's gain weight i feed mine 3 chunks of meat a day(which is NOTHING to her, she could easily eat...8 or 9..theres 3 kinds of fat for a sav, skin fat, obese fat, and over fed fat, and for a little guy it looks like skin fat (think fat cells under the scales) my Bosco has the same thing..ppl say she's morbidly obese...FAR from ..she just doesn't absorb as much fat as "normal" sav's do ...its complicated...
roflmao

Old 09-10-2007, 10:45 AM   #19
Cat_72
Rafal, it's great you're trying to give some advice, and these folks obviously can use some help! But really...is all of the profanity necessary?? There are kids that read here.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:48 AM   #20
azoun
OMG

SavannahisCRAZY ....More like owner is insane.
Omg You might as well just shove a ruber hose up its ass and stuff it full of butter...... You could feed a small african village with what you feed your savannah. Did you even look at a basic care sheet, i mean i know you didnt reaserch their eating habits, but did you at least look at a care sheet ? ONCE

"NOTHING to her" How do you know do you perhaps speak savannah? I mean i know shell gulp it down, being how they love to gorge...but im sure you already knew that.............If it seems like Im being a dick its because I am, I cant stand when people own animals but seem to not know a god damn thing about them. If you read this Crazy Please put it on a diet. Obesity is a KILLER

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!