any one doing basketball?? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Birds > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Birds.

Old 01-16-2009, 08:01 AM   #21
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherries_angela View Post
well i have 2 cockatoos lmao they do take up alot of my time but wouldnt trade it for anything!!! i dont know anything about a sun as i have never owned one lol you could get one and if it didnt work out i can come pick him/her up!
I like cockatoos...They are so nice and big. I saw a video of one dancing to *New Kids On the Block?* Can't remember the name of the music..he was sooooo droll. I have reservations because I was warned that those birds are best placed in homes where someone is always home because they need a LOT of attention..and with my career (yep it's a career not a job...is that bragging?) snake business, house, yard, car...101 things needing to be taken care of and only me to do it..my time is short. lol Still, I don't really like leaving Bammy home all this time by himself. they may not play together, but they can see each other and "talk" to each other...I imagine.

Nice knowing I have options if anything happens!

Thanks!

P.s When are you going to put up a vid of your fid playing basketball?

Old 01-16-2009, 08:11 AM   #22
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill View Post
Thanks. Those pics are about a year or so old. I'll snap a few new ones to show you how his yellow came in. Doesn't even look like the same bird.

No worries, they are extremely independent birds. If you decide on getting one you'll do just fine with giving it the same great care you offer your Quaker.

I'm picking up my next bird in a month or two. Hahns Macaw. Absolutely my favorite bird in the world. Cant wait.

I'll look for the pics and thanks for the compliment.

*I changed the bedding after Angela told me that walnut shells, corncobs etc aren't good for them (none of my books mentioned it)...Bammy is on newspaper now, but i'll get some (hopefully precut) butcher paper or something to fit inside the cages and playground this weekend if i can find it.

My brother's bird is a Military Mcaw...I am going to have to research the one you mentioned..they may be the same? My brother's bird is HUGE..I really RESPECT the beak.

Post pics when you get the sweetie!

Old 01-16-2009, 09:15 AM   #23
cherries_angela
No they are 2 different macaws lol I love hq macaws its a hybrid macaw between a green wing and blue and gold they are so pretty

Old 01-16-2009, 09:27 AM   #24
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherries_angela View Post
No they are 2 different macaws lol I love hq macaws its a hybrid macaw between a green wing and blue and gold they are so pretty

I see...Well, it's either the bird or this pair of snakes that I saw. Whenever I get stressed (my husband passed that's why I have Soooooo many) I buy a snake. This time a bird caught my attention too.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:49 AM   #25
critical bill
Hey Deb, here is a link to check out the hahns. They aren't much bigger than the average sized conure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-shouldered_Macaw

Old 01-16-2009, 10:58 AM   #26
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill View Post
Hey Deb, here is a link to check out the hahns. They aren't much bigger than the average sized conure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-shouldered_Macaw

They are sooo cute! http://www.birdbreeders.com/findbird14019.aspx

Old 01-16-2009, 11:18 AM   #27
deborahbroadus
I am pissed...I am gonna buy some snakes!! They are more honest than people!

Old 01-16-2009, 11:40 AM   #28
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
I am pissed...I am gonna buy some snakes!! They are more honest than people!
What happened?

Old 01-16-2009, 01:27 PM   #29
deborahbroadus
Made some mistakes in how to handle people...i do that a lot..and got raked over the coals for it.

I am looking at this pair of VPI het Axanthic hatchlings..trying to get the breeder before they are gone.

Old 01-18-2009, 12:46 AM   #30
cherries_angela
deb i will post pics my too play b-ball as soon as i get a new cam son thought my cam needed to go for a swim and put it in the cup of tea sittin next to him lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!