What's the next best thing? - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: The "Next best thing"?
Leucistic boa 10 28.57%
Scoria boa 2 5.71%
Super Roswell boa 4 11.43%
Labyrinth boa 5 14.29%
Crystal boa 2 5.71%
Sterling Patternless boa 8 22.86%
Super Key West boa 3 8.57%
Super Jungle boa 3 8.57%
Super Marron 0 0%
Azabache Boa 1 2.86%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #51
Scooter1685
On the front page of BlumenBoas.com is a picture of the hypo eclipse born this year. Gorgeous little thing

I still like their sugar pastels better though. I've been hoping they post some for sale soon.

Old 07-08-2013, 01:32 PM   #52
ShadowAceD
They're just more El Salvadorian and Colombian mutts, the Leopard gene just happens to have a strong appearance with the Motley additive.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:05 PM   #53
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
They're just more El Salvadorian and Colombian mutts, the Leopard gene just happens to have a strong appearance with the Motley additive.
Can you explain this a little? Still waiting for my boa book to come in.

Old 07-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #54
Metachrosis
Classic
Quote:

Old 07-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #55
mxracer4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metachrosis View Post
Classic
I am not impressed with the eclipse either.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #56
ShadowAceD
They are El Salvadorian X Colombian Motley boas. I don't know how to explain it more than that.

Leopard is a morph naturally occurring in El Salvadorian animals.

Chris Gilbert crossed them into Colombian Motleys. Leopard Colombian Motleys are just intensely black or colored because of the combination of the pattern mutations.

Old 07-08-2013, 09:34 PM   #57
Durante
Quote:
They are El Salvadorian X Colombian Motley boas. I don't know how to explain it more than that.

Leopard is a morph naturally occurring in El Salvadorian animals.

Chris Gilbert crossed them into Colombian Motleys. Leopard Colombian Motleys are just intensely black or colored because of the combination of the pattern mutations.
I don't believe there is that much more to actually explain, but I don't know genetics well either. I do think there is a difference between a first of it's kind genetic mutation & the combination of localities or known genetics to produce a new morph. I believe the "next best thing" all comes down to personal opinion anyway, but just to be safe we could do a test. Only because I care enough about you guys I'll take on the responsibility of deciding what is best, just send me 1 of each & I'll let everyone know.

Old 07-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #58
mxracer4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durante View Post
I don't believe there is that much more to actually explain, but I don't know genetics well either. I do think there is a difference between a first of it's kind genetic mutation & the combination of localities or known genetics to produce a new morph. I believe the "next best thing" all comes down to personal opinion anyway, but just to be safe we could do a test. Only because I care enough about you guys I'll take on the responsibility of deciding what is best, just send me 1 of each & I'll let everyone know.
You took my line! Lol

Old 07-08-2013, 09:43 PM   #59
mxracer4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi23 View Post
Can you explain this a little? Still waiting for my boa book to come in.
Diem. We are dealing with a boa rookie. We all have been their. If we can't explain the way she needs then can we point her in a better direction?

Old 07-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #60
mxracer4life
Just an update. The sterling is holding strong. Any new ideas out there?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!