Bad Guy Steve Russo; World of Reptile out of New Jersey - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:26 PM   #1
Emileypaige776
Steve Russo; World of Reptile out of New Jersey

This is a last resort that I am taking because Mr. Russo has no intentions of making our arrangement good. The initial trade was I would trade him a female panther chameleon and my hypo translucent leatherback female purple cross for an adult female bearded dragon, adult male leatherback, and a baby leatherback. On August 3rd of 2010 his animals came to me dead. The packing job was horrendous. (Pictures posted below) They were package in a box with no Styrofoam lining, no cool packs, and in cheap boxed. The kind of cardboard you get from buying close at jcp or the gap. The animals arrived so hot that the humidity of the animals in the box turned the box soggy; to the point it was falling apart when picked up. On top of all of this they didn't arrive till one in the after noon; because he did the cheaper shipping route. I emailed him after them arriving dead. He assured me that his packing was as good as my packing was, and didn't want to give me a refund and continued arguing with me for the next couple hours. My package however was lined with Styrofoam and was shipped in the evening time to beat the heat. All of my animals arrived alive and well.

"I can send 4 leather backs four hypos and two trans.and the ogg het hypo female adult.? Steve Russo.

Sent from my iPhone
- Show quoted text -

The above quote was the NEW arrangement for my replacement lizards. ogg stand for Orange german giant.

Aug 12th he shipped the lizards and I received them on the 13th. They arrived great. With ice packs and Styrofoam lining. BUT NO GERMAN GIANT INCLUDED I emailed him as soon as I got the package with no reply on why he didn't include the ogg. NO RESPONSE.

Unfortunately one hypo had a seizure and pass away and hour later on the second day of receiving them. Furthermore, I tried posting them for sale.... Someone asked me for more pics of the trans because they didn't have solid eyes. Which trans do. I was a bit confused... I took them to a friend that owns a shop here in Arizona. He told me the trans aren't trans just like the people on fauna did. To top that.... he tells me the leatherbacks aren't leatherbacks! He tells me not to make a fuss out of it just yet and to let him make sure they weren't leatherbacks and trans. Three more people go into his shop... all of which of ten years plus of breeding under their belts.... ALL tell me they aren't trans or leathers. Lucky me the hypos were hypos lol.

Emiley Jones
to Steve

show details Aug 15 (5 days ago)

Please give me a call at 623-776-6544 Or email me back.... you have not returned my email and did not hold up the trade agreement. Please get back to me as soon as you can.

Thank you,
Emiley

Mr Russo. This will my third and final attempt for you to make good on our agreement. The leatherbacks you send are just normals. The trans you sent aren't trans. And one of the hypos had a seizure and died a day later. You didn't include the german giant female. Unfortunately I am going to be forced to take further steps to fix this situation. I have saved every email we have sent one another. Pictures of everything. You have till thurday the 19th to contact me or I will be posting on every forum that deals with the selling of reptiles of our bad encounter with one anther.

Thank you for your time,
Emiley Jones

Finally after making threats that I may hurt his reputation a reply is made!!!!
Steve Russo
to me

show details Aug 16 (4 days ago)

Emily I thought I had sent an email out to you to let you know I couldn't send her out till this week I'm sorry you didn't get the message but it's was to hot today to ship.legal matters? I sent you three dragons they did not survive the trip I am sorry! The two trans are trans.. And the leather backs are leathers you can breed them and prove that yourself. And the hypo I have all the other hypos that were born in that clutch and they are all doing just fine. Maybe you fed it to big of food and died that way who knows I'm sorry but all of mine are just fine. You stated everything looks great when they came so what happened they all change all of a sudden? I never had any problems like this ever. And now you want me to make good all I can do is send the adult dragon when the weather is better.

Steve Russo
to me

Two weeks ago you said thanks for not ignoreing me. Now your threatning me and saying your going to trash my name on the web. There's nothing I did wrong your still getting the German giant. I have alot of cusomers that are happy and never have complaints. There are all varieties of smoothness and degrees of leather backs. The ones I sent you will and are leathers!! And the trans are real trans. You were happy with them before when you got them plus you never said anything about the hypo dieing and that sounds like you fed it a larger food item then you should had all my reptiles are under uv light and given calcium. Everything is clean and I have a vet come to my location monthly.... Is it possible you don't know much about them? Maybe the others arrived fine an you froze them because you didn't like them how am I to know? I sent you 13 dragons. I don't lose 13 dragons in 5 yrs. So I do have to wander.
Emiley Jones
to Steve

Sir, this is not my first time trying to get you to call or email me back. What is the reason you didn't send the german giant in the first place? As for the other beardies you did send... They arrived great! As in alive. I took them to a reptile store here in az. Predator Reptile center. The owner is my friend and he was going to sell them for me. Him and his friends that have been breeding for ten years plus all say they are not what you are saying they are. And I posted the trans on fauna. Everyone on there told me from the pictures I posted they were not translucents as well. They don't even have solid black eyes. And the hypo... the only food they had was shredded greens.

Your bearded dragon's in the first batch died because whoever packaged them is incompetent. If you want to say I froze them when they were still alive then you are just as incompetent as the person who packaged them. Them being frozen alive would have been much easier way to go then the way your company put them through. To be cooked alive! How dare you say I did such a thing.

The bottom line is that the trade was not successful. And have learned my lesson by this experience with you. I should have never sent you my animals first without making sure you were going to provide what you promised. Your options are of that follows. Option one. Send me back my animals and I send you back yours. Option two. I send you back yours and you send me what you promised or we work a different deal out where I hand pick something. Or option three. You continue with what you are doing and I go forth with what I was going to do and warn people about the trade I had to go through with you.

It is in your hands Mr. Russo. I don't want anymore excuses; I want to know what option you choose so I can figure out what I need to do.
I appreciate your time.

Thank you,
Emiley Jones

Emiley Jones
to Steve

show details Aug 17 (3 days ago)

I want my purple cross back. And I want my chameleon. And I will send you all of your stuff back. That is okay with me. I would have loved to have worked something out. But this really isn't working. Please send back my stuff and I will send you all of yours back as well.

Thank you,
emiley
- Show quoted text

Steve Russo
to me

And you pay for both the shipping

Sent from my iPhone

Steve Russo
to me

I will only send the panther that's all I sent you ten beardeds and I'm not going to keep shipping them back and forth.

Sent from my iPhone
- Show quoted text -

Emiley Jones
to Steve

Your not keeping my purple cross sir. And you will pay for your shipping and I will pay for mine. You have lizard that is $1200 dollars. No way. You can decide what your doing.

Steve Russo
to me

They don't cost that much now... And I sent you ten lizards what more do you want I'm sorry this happened if you still want I can still send the German giant to you? The lizards dieing wasn't planned it happened. You packed the same as I did you didn't even send them with an ice pack so yours could had died does that mean you have to send me 1300 dollars? No that wasn't the trade the trade was for your two lizards for my three lizards.they accidently died on the trip to Arizona from jersey. So I sent you ten more. And now your unhappy with how they look and ect. I'm sorry I tried to make good. I also have already spent 110 dollars on shipping for the two times.there's not much more I can do. If you still want the germen giant to complete the deal let me know I can ship thur. Sorry you are unhappy I tried to make good with anouther deal and your still unhappy.
Also the lizards I traded you the first time only cost 265 dollars for the three. So how is the cost of what you traded brought up? We traded lizards not costs. Even when they arrived or sat on your porch dead. You automatic wanted money value, of the lizards in the trade.so I sent you ten more cause I feel bad and try to make up for your lose and you still not happy...

Sent from my iPhone

Emiley Jones
to Steve

The only reason I told you the value is because you don't want to send back the most expensive part of my deal. They arn't leatherbacks your sent me. And they arn't trans either. Take your animals back. And I will take mine. It isn't like I am trying to keep some of your animals and only give you back a few. I will give you back all of yours, and in return you need to send back all of mine. I don't want the german giant. I don't want any of your animals. I am fed up with this situation. I am done argueing with you. I will pay $25 dollars towards your shipping. But that is all. I understand that you spent alot of money just in shipping. And no one can change that. I need my animals back, and in return you will get all of yours. Otherwise I will be going through with my other plan. I would much rather go the non confrontational route. But as for this whole going back and forth business with you I am done with. Please let me know your decision.

Thank you,
E
- Show quoted text -

Emiley Jones
to Steve

show details Aug 19 (1 day ago)

It is thursday the 19th. This will be last email to you in hopes that you make the good on our arrangement. Otherwise I will be posting a thread on Faunaclassifieds warning everyone in the hobby about my experience with you. All I want is my beardie and chameleon back, and in return I will give you back all of your animals. I am also willing to pay half of your shipping cost along with my own to get your animals back to you. This is my last effort to try and make this work before more drastic measures will have to be taken. I am sure you are very successful with your work of breeding bearded dragons; however I am not happy with our trade and would like to get my stuff back. Please don't make a bad name for yourself now. I really don't think it is worth it for you. I will be posting tomorrow evening If I don't hear back from you.

thank you for your time,
Emiley Jones

Sorry if that was alot to read guys. I wasn't sure how much I was suppose to write.... Everyone I talked to told me to write as much as I can. All I want is my animals back, but I can see that, that isn't going to be happening. I suggest no one buy from Steve Russo. Or at least don't send your animals first!!! I will be sending this thread to Mr Russo to let him know what I said. All of this i posted is 100% truthful. I will be posting pics of the "trans" and "leatherbacks so you guys can take a look for yourselves as well.

Thanks for reading,
Emiley Jones
Attached Images

Old 08-20-2010, 11:29 PM   #2
Emileypaige776
Pictures of his version of leatherbacks and translucents.

Pic one and three are of his trans

Pic two and four are of the leatherbacks.

If anything they are reduced scaled. But def not leatherbacks.

Thanks guys,
E
Attached Images

Old 08-21-2010, 08:40 AM   #3
kyryah
WOW. At this point, that is all I have to say.

Of course, have you made him aware of this thread?

Old 08-21-2010, 12:15 PM   #4
Emileypaige776
I told him about it several times. The last email he sent me is the one I posted in the thread above. I think he is done with communicating back with me.

Old 08-21-2010, 01:49 PM   #5
JudyC
I have seen some pretty despicable packing jobs in BOI threads over the years...but that one may just take the cake. Absolutely inexcusable.

Old 08-21-2010, 02:38 PM   #6
Abby
Wow, that is the worst and saddest packing job I've ever seen Those poor critters!

Old 08-21-2010, 02:43 PM   #7
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
I have seen some pretty despicable packing jobs in BOI threads over the years...but that one may just take the cake. Absolutely inexcusable.

This packing job was deplorable, the worse I've ever seen.

Old 08-21-2010, 02:50 PM   #8
Sushi Dragons
I can't imagine how much those poor babies must have suffered. Completely unforgivable.

Old 08-21-2010, 02:56 PM   #9
deborahbroadus
I am curious, how were they shipped? Which shipping facility accepts these kind of packing jobs?

Old 08-21-2010, 03:00 PM   #10
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
I am curious, how were they shipped? Which shipping facility accepts these kind of packing jobs?
Seriously! That's painter's tape around CLOTHING boxes. In what world is that acceptable? What carrier would even think to ship those kinds of boxes.

What a despicable excuse for a human being someone has to be to torture animals in that matter.

I am beyond disgusted.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!