Bad Guy Rowdy kent scammer warning - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-20-2018, 03:40 AM   #31
filenamex5100
hopefully that is readable. some are duplicates because I had to click the individual messages to read the entire text from that particular message.

Old 06-20-2018, 08:49 AM   #32
Snake-Queen
I see a typical back and forth, between potential customer and seller; nothing that warranted a bad guy thread. I do see why he didn't want to share the messages, cause it contradicts what he said.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:14 AM   #33
Lucille
I am wondering whether the reason he does not want to use PayPal and send written messages has to do with his identity?

It has been several years but in one of the OP's past posts he tells a seller in the classifieds here that he wants to buy his indigo snake but then gives a name that isn't his
Quote:
Originally Posted by okieben View Post
Monte, I would like to purchase your Texas Indigo please contact Chris 405-923-0539 / concreteplusinc@Yahoo.com.......Thanks.... Later...
The phone number turns out to be both a number for a concrete service company, and for what appears to be a pet shop,Mo'ondogie's Reptiles and Rodents, Oklahoma City, OK.
There is nothing wrong with that but why hide it? And people are supposed to use their real names here.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:34 AM   #34
filenamex5100
I saw that too during our intial conversation...only adding to the red flags. The only way i was moving forward with the transaction was going to be if he shipped first. I dont feel that makes me a scammer nor an attempt at scamming. Honestly im not sure, other than wasting his time, why he made this thread. I simply wasnt interested after the fact.

Im sure most of us here have had potential buyers that beat the tires. I have multiples a week. Some that email me for weeks and never make a purchase. Im always happy to answer people even if they dont buy. Maybe its just me but im not in that huge of a hurry to secure someones payment until they are confident in buying.

Bennie....98% of folks who buy from me never call once. It is days worth of emails, generally. I never ever hear their voice and it works out just fine. Perhaps you need to stay as a private collector as to avoid having to deal with numerous people because your time is so valueable. Just my thoughts.

Old 06-20-2018, 10:23 AM   #35
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I am wondering whether the reason he does not want to use PayPal and send written messages has to do with his identity?
I doubt it; a great many scammers have figured out how to use PayPal's policies to their advantage to rip off sellers. I also won't use it, but that's because I hold an FFL so PayPal hates me.

Old 06-20-2018, 10:34 AM   #36
filenamex5100
Luckily for me i have never had a problem with paypal doing the right thing....as both a seller and buyer. I have heard horror stories that are beyond frightening. Like i told him, i know paypal isnt for everyone so i would have to pass. There is always risk no matter the payment method. I get that. But when the flags start adding up, i have to mitigate risk...paypal or otherwise.

Old 06-20-2018, 11:44 AM   #37
Ed Clark
Well Bennie you have shown that you are a less than desirable person to deal with.

You started a BOI thread about Rowdy Kent with the intent of making him look like a bad guy.this thread has come full circle to bite you in the ass and then after a little time shows you to be the bad guy.

Some people when given enough rope.....well you know!

Old 06-20-2018, 12:00 PM   #38
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
I doubt it
You make a good point about scammers using PayPal to their own advantage. Maybe there are other reasons for what may be a false identity here.

Old 06-20-2018, 01:35 PM   #39
filenamex5100
Im still beside myself why he would create this post. I see it from time to time when someone post on the boi only to expose themselves. Mind blowing to me!!

I assumed his name to be legit because of his length of time here but i guess that wouldnt matter to someone determined.

For the record i dont think he was trying to scam me completely. I think he would have sent me snakes. I dont however believe the quality or health would have been anywhere near what was described....hence the low price. I saw that as a attempt by bennie to dump the snakes on someone else

Old 06-20-2018, 01:43 PM   #40
Robinpuyallup
I am very hard of hearing and find it next to impossible to understand/comprehend voices on a phone. Any phone.

Just saying.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!