Steven Baker of SC Bad News!!! HELP - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-16-2006, 09:22 PM   #31
SlitheringHerps
Wow!!! I purchased a few Eastern Hogs from him a few months back and felt I made a pretty good contact in S.C. I tried contacting a little while back but his email no longer worked and now I know why. It is a shame cause he never done me wrong. But I hope those affected by his mistakes get some kind of retribution.

Old 11-16-2006, 05:25 PM   #32
reptiledealer
Update To All

Wanted to update everyone. Although I am out of the animal business I am still trying to close up some old debts. Steven Baker has still not paid me the $78 he owed me from over 6 months ago and I have had many emails since this thread started, but again he has failed me. He made several promises by phone and by email, which of course I no longer have as I was so frustrated I deleted them, his emails were only one or two words saying Money will come, please relax I will send the money, or I am going to cash my check today and i will call you. Well anyways to I'm sure no ones suprise he has not made good, the money never came. Now it has been over a month since the last email that he actually returned. His email has appropriately changed to lookitsstevebaker@yahoo.com, but unfortunately I cant find him anywhere. I dint know where he is in the legal system, but I'm wondering if anyone can fill me in. I am looking for any updated from anyone that may have heard from him or have any updated on the situations. As always suggestions are welcome, but at this point I'm just about tired of chasing this dead beat when I really have gotten no where, and have put a lot of time into this guy.

Old 11-16-2006, 05:26 PM   #33
reptiledealer
Correction

Meant $780 not $78 sorry for the mistake. Thanks again Chris

Old 11-16-2006, 10:51 PM   #34
jemhidiahssj4
personally i would get my money one way or another!

Old 11-17-2006, 07:19 AM   #35
reptiledealer
How

Please, I wish I could. Give me some explanation of how you whould go about doing so. He will no longer answer emails. He has no phone or phone numbers that I have or have been able to get. Taking him to small claims court or even a trial court whould end up costing over $780 just to go through the process. I have really explored all avenues. Plus Steve owes many other people money and is already involved in legal matters much more severe then my money. Such as the situation with the SC reptile show.

Old 11-17-2006, 04:17 PM   #36
COBRA Wildlife Expor
Hey Chris!

Sorry to hear about your ongoing problems with this guy. I just got word from our attorney he wants $2,500 plus expenses to pursue a court case against that deadbeat Chris Hunter of Nature Coast Exotics. Since Hunter stole $1,600 worth of animals, it is not a good move. The sad thing is, these conmen know they got ya in a bad position when we extend trust to them.

The truth of the matter is, you will need to cut your losses and chalk it us as experience. Wish we had more options. Now, I almost stop strangers on the street and tell them of conmen such as Chris Hunter of Nature Coast Exotics. It’s about all we can do and hopefully it will save someone else from getting shafted.

Talk to you later, dude!

-Mike
COBRA Wildlife Exporters

Old 01-15-2007, 06:40 PM   #37
reptiledealer
Update

As I am sure anyone that has watched and read this thread guessed, I have not received any contact and obviously no money from Steve Baker of Sc or wherever he may be. I do not have any contact info for Steve besides a email that he no longer responds to. What I do find interested is that now his Ex or old girlfriend Shannon is posting adds all over Kingsnake. She goes by Shannon and location USA. I don't know if they still are involved at all but any emails to her come back with a I don't deal with anymore or that's not my problem. Anyways I just find it odd that she claims no attachment and is now such a big advertiser on KS with 30 or so adds. Any ones updated info on Steve or leads to how to contact him are still and will always be appreciated.

Old 02-05-2007, 11:05 PM   #38
herphuntinchicksc
I Am Loking Out For Me !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptileboy1122
As I am sure anyone that has watched and read this thread guessed, I have not received any contact and obviously no money from Steve Baker of Sc or wherever he may be. I do not have any contact info for Steve besides a email that he no longer responds to. What I do find interested is that now his Ex or old girlfriend Shannon is posting adds all over Kingsnake. She goes by Shannon and location USA. I don't know if they still are involved at all but any emails to her come back with a I don't deal with anymore or that's not my problem. Anyways I just find it odd that she claims no attachment and is now such a big advertiser on KS with 30 or so adds. Any ones updated info on Steve or leads to how to contact him are still and will always be appreciated.
chris I under stand that but I too enjoy herps as much as the next person .
I havent had contact with steve in sometime . after all I have done for him he skipped town and left me high and dry ! i would only like to move on in my life and try not to do anything he has done . He is a gost in my past that keeps comming back to haunt me ! so when I hear anything I will contact you ! thanks shannon payne !

Old 02-05-2007, 11:17 PM   #39
herphuntinchicksc
sorry everyone GHOST !

Old 02-06-2007, 08:22 AM   #40
reptiledealer
Shannon

I will not change any info I stated or clear anyones name until I have my money back. Once I am paid my $780 all will be well. Until then Steve and anyone who did or does associate with him is a Bad Guy in my book.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!